Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. (154360 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2015
Shoyemiayodeji and Sageez, am I on FP? embarassed
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by tottinova: 11:28pm On May 09, 2015
Fembleez1:

You sure, boss?
I go help you market am kiss
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:33pm On May 09, 2015
tottinova:

I go help you market am kiss

Ok bro, lol. I dey expect your helping hand. wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2015
Update dropping soon.

Typing.......
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:20am On May 10, 2015
After the school had closed, Peter had gone to the Ice-cream bar to wait for Zainab. The sun was still shining harshly and he detested it. He walked wearily over the sand, his pair of shoe lifting some sand up which formed dust and rested on his once polished shoe - he had worn in the morning.

His uniform was neatly ironed as though he had had the plan of approaching Zainab. The `gaiters' flicked and stood proudly like a Khaki trousers worn by soldiers, starched even when it wasn't required

Some pigeon flew off as they heard footsteps or anything just made a snapping dart on the ground. The surrounding was dirty and food vendors were busy picking nylons that looked like what they sold. Some were using brooms, while others rakes or just hand-pick.

He was not mindful of birds or those vendors this time. He was so deep in thought about what he wanted to do.

He had often seen Zainab as someone he could love. A girl he could care for and have something to share with. Her character was different from her friends and he loved it that way. He loved the dimples that form on her face whenever she smiled or laugh.

Many fantasies had drench him, made him really clueless amongst his peers. While alone at home, he had had thoughts about her but had been unable to approach her until Amos, his friend had given him a clue.

“Guy, you gaz `sharperly' get this babe o. You no know may be she fit no get boyfriend now and as I dey see am so, she no fit get.”

“Hahahahahahahahahaha,” he laughed at Amos's words. How can such a beautiful girl like Zainab not have a boyfriend? “Make I tell you, forget. She go get one.”

All these, he had said to continue listening to soothing words or encouragement by Amos. Those types of things we usually do when we know things we were about to do was going to be positive but we always say it on the negative in the midst of our friends - so that, they could always `ginger' us and our heads would swell beneath the skin.

“I dey tell you fact bro. That babe no go get BF. At least, me never see her with any boy for this school o,” Amos tried to encourage him.

“What about house? You follow her dey house wey you go know may be she get or not? Moreover, the babe na islander. I no trust any Lagos Island girl, them dey bad.” He teased his friend for more soothing words.

Islanders were naturally regarded as bad people, both males and females. It was either the males were notorious or the females were not virgin or were just Gold-diggers. There was a saying that "to find a virgin in Lagos island `na' by God's grace.”

It was either the young girls decided to have pleasure or they were forced (raped) or they were charmed and the likes. Lagos island was the only place male students beat teachers, WAEC examiners and so forth.

He listened carefully and joyously to things he wanted to hear him (Amos) speak. He felt on top of the world just negotiating how he could get Zainab (such beauty) with his friend.

Clinton had heard their talks and joined in. They were all in the same class, science department (class).
Clinton was dating Fatimah's friend Zainab and once he heard her name, his ear drum picked rhythm and he wanted to contribute what he felt he knew about the girl.

“Make I no lie for you o,” he put in calmly “she no get any boyfriend.”

“Guy, how you take know,” his voice was a pitch higher than Pawpaw's, the actor.

“Forget, you no need ask me that kind mumu question. No be Fatimah her friend I dey date?”

“Okay okay okay! I believe una. So wetin I go do?”

“Just arrange see her after school. You be guy na, so you no gaz fear. Just tell her your mind” Clinton gave him a piece of advice.

Although, one would see it as an amateurish date or what sort of date could secondary school students have?

He had followed his friends' idea to write her a note for a date. He hoped she would respond promptly as he entered the Bar which was filled with students that had come to suppress the heat of the sun with some cold Ice-cream.

He didn't mind anyway. He hope they would soon be gone and he would have time to talk to Zainab alone. He knew the Bar owner would understand and give them privacy but if not, he didn't care - he was going to be a `guy-man' for once. He dusted the bench with his handkerchief and sat down, waiting for his crush.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:39am On May 10, 2015
I want to say a big thank you to whoever might have recommended my story for FP. I'm so grateful. And to the Mods, I want to express my sincere gratitude cause no one would have held you back if you had decided against it. I feel so inspired to continue writing and posting now! Wow shocked, I'm overwhelmed and won't disappoint you all. smiley kiss

Beginning to have change of mindset about the Mods and people on Literature section. wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 12:45am On May 10, 2015
Clinton was dating Fatimah's friend Zainab....correction#clitnton is(they are still in the process#dating) dating Zainab's friend fatimah.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 12:48am On May 10, 2015
Fembleez1:
I want to say a big thank you to whoever might have recommended my story for FP. I'm so grateful. And to the Mods, I want to express my sincere gratitude cause no one would have held you back if you had decided against it. I feel so inspired to continue writing and posting now! Wow shocked, I'm overwhelmed and won't disappoint you all. smiley kiss

Beginning to have change of mindset about the Mods and people on Literature section. wink
iffa hear say you no go update now !!!!!!!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:56am On May 10, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
Clinton was dating Fatimah's friend Zainab....correction#clitnton is(they are still in the process#dating) dating Zainab's friend fatimah.

I would edit now bro, thanks.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:59am On May 10, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
iffa hear say you no go update now !!!!!!!

Lol, I no fit stop to dey update o bro! wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:02am On May 10, 2015
harjibolar10:
Chai, that feeling ehn, when you are been given an un-requested-for kind of money... Y0u will feeling flying, you go dey think say, you are on top of the world

Oga femi, I dey feel you gaan ni faa... Let's go there

Mehn, e be like christmas dash then. Like the way wey be say na only on sunday's we been dey eat Rice and Chicken. grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 1:05am On May 10, 2015
Fembleez1:

Abeg, remind me about that campaign stuff once I don settle!
Okay....... Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:23am On May 10, 2015

Meanwhile,.........

“See, forget it. If you guys won't wait for me, then you can leave,” she shouted at her friends.

Her face was not always good when she was vexed. She wasn't supposed to be sad going into this date but her friends weren't giving her the chance to be happy.

“Won't you leave her alone?” Fatimah raged from a distance. She didn't care whatever might be, Zainab was waiting for. She just wanted them to go home, together.

“Hey hey hey! Shut up there o! If you want to leave, you can leave na, abi who is holding you back” Mariam lashed out.

She had often took sides with Zainab though she was of the same tribe with Fatimah. But there was no serious issue attached to it. They were more friendly when they were alone without her.

“I know you this fat fool would take side with her. Why can't you just make use of common sense for once!” She fumed and turn to leave.

“See the Ode that claim to have common sense.” She mocked Fatimah with the wave of the hand as if examining her worth.

“Look Zainab, don't mind her. She's just a bully. Let her go, I'll wait for you.” she embraced Zainab slightly.

Zainab was frustrated in her mind. What was this one thinking about? Wait for who? She didn't want to ruin this first appearance with friends. How does it feel when you have your first date and invite your friends? It wouldn't speak right of you and your host might take you to be a gold-digger - who always want their Bf to spend on them and their friends.

Although, she hadn't told her friends she was having a date with Peter, she didn't know may be Clinton might have told Fatimah and with her reaction - it was possible Clinton might have informed her, yet she didn't want to have a false impression about Peter not being secretive about their meeting. She didn't even know much about him than just being schoolmate.

She quickly calculated what she was going to tell Mariam who had decided to wait for her. She knew she had not really wanted them to wait for her but she had made it appear she actually needed them to wait. She had played a game there but Mariam wasn't yielding to defeat. She had offset her mind seriously just now saying - she would wait for her.

“Ermmm Mariam, you see, I think you need to go with her.”

Mariam was seriously shocked at Zainab's speech. She wasn't sure she meant what she had said so she inquired with the expression of the face.

“I'm sorry but I think you need to follow Fatimah. You guyz live close so it won't make sense if I should let you stay why she went home alone. Moreover, we don't stay close,” she bowed her head.

“Are you serious? Like, you mean it, Zainab?”

Mariam was starting to feel a sort of betrayal. This was the girl she had just defended from her tribe's mate or her more closer friend. What might have prompt Zainab to want to disgrace her when she was taking her side?

She was dazed and felt like shedding tears but self-examination called for courtesy when it required on such frivolity.

“See, I'm sorry but I think I need to have my privacy today. Just for today and everything would return to normal afterwards,” she said hoping it would - without a clue of what she might be stepping into. Love could turn out crazy, to the extent promises won't be kept.

“Okay, good night!”

She walked off jaded. Her steps were heavy but she managed to trudge along. She felt sad at the way Zainab had treated her and she could cry if it were possible. What on earth had ever separated them (the 3 of them)? Nothing, and truly nothing had done that. Not even the different classes they are had separated them. They were so attached to one another as if they were triplets. Triplets sometimes were not as one as they were.

And now, Zainab was asking for the privacy she had never seeked before. Things were really changing and it was hightime they learnt to adapt, as it was one characteristics of a living being.

Zainab too felt pooped but she tried to lift her spirit. If she was to achieve any desired result, she had done what was supposed to be done. Anyway, it was just for today, she had thought and made for the Ice-cream Bar.

Her thoughts ran wide as she walked towards the field. She felt it would be better to save her friendship rather than engaging herself in a relationship she guessed might not be as strong as the love they all had for one another.

It nudged her may be she should run suddenly to Mariam, clinging to her like infants would cling to their mother's breast - apologising for the way she had behaved but suspended the thoughts as she was some few metres to the Bar.

If anything was still left to be done for the good of having a close male friend, it was this time, required. And turning back now would or could put her mind at war of what should be or not to be, if eventually her friends starts seeing their boyfriends as time goes on while she ruminates on her thoughts, chewing on her own anger. Killing the joy she might have heard, if she had given in to Peter's request.

She didn't want to regret it, none the less lose the friendship she had built with Mariam and Fatimah. But she had decided it was easy to make up her friendship than lose this chance.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:56am On May 10, 2015

The place had looked really peaceful. Yes, it was calm in its real sense except the struggles of the students for buses. Many of them stood at both sides of the road. Lovers could be seen taking shades under the trees that form a boulevard on the road.

While some group of girls gathered to gossip - their male counterparts also formed groups discussing other things which related to football or game house

The place was stained with different colours of uniform, head shapes, complexions, heights and sizes. You could see many students schlepping with their bags dancing at their backs as a result of being overloaded or just too big for their body size. They danced to the tune of their slog.

The breeze brought some reassuring calmness with the wind that blew that moment, which led to some already weak and brownish or rustling leaves fall from trees while the ones on the ground circled and made some form of step-dance like a hurricane.

Bala and his colleague's had set off very fast to the bus-stop to double-cross Izu. They had taken canes along. This Bala was really funny with his friends.

Canes to a fight he had someone of his height. If it were to be a boy of JSS1 he had held canes along to beat, it would have been well understood but he felt that pride, - Izu was a small boy and his Junior and he was going to just flog him - nothing more than flog him.

The head boy too was in their company. He had only took Baba 70 out to have him cut grass which he did with mere laughter at how funny the head boy was. He hoped they would cross path again and it had been set for this afternoon. He would see to it that the head boy's f^ck up was treated.

At a point where student gathered, you would imagine what they had been so anxious about to be gathered as ants would do when they saw some scraps of snacks fall from someone on the floor.

It was only some Puff Puff seller. Those Puff Puff that looked and tasted as if they had add colouring to it. It was unlike the Puff Puff one saw - being fried on local streets in Lagos. These were housed in a glass showcase. Some were plain while others were split with eggs inside.

“Bros, 50naira own abeg”

“The one with egg na him I want na. Abeg change am for me!”

The seller who was dressed in somewhat rough and absurd way, with a knot-rounded-headgear on his head - picked at the Puffs with the two mouth fork with him, attending to the student.

Not very far off from him was an Ice-cream seller who had packed his wares well in a construction of cartons with white polythene formed in an indented square. Its length was far more than its breadth. His hand was busy pointing “shey this one?” And he would bring it out for the person who needed it.

These Ice-creams were the ones called `gbanjo' by the Yorubas. Substandard Ice-cream or `cheap-ay' (cheap-pay) as many called it or rather `Tasty-time'. They were those `blackcurrant' or false orange inscription on their plain nylon.

They were those 10 10 naira Ice-creams. Suck 5 times and its flavour and sweetness is gone. You would only be left with the ice block and your lips and tongue stained as if you had dug them in poster colour.

“Abo`ki, abeg open this thing make I chop suya” a guy said and started searching for the biggest meet hung in stick.

They were not all that suya we bought on normal suya joints. You could call them student-suya as they were just meat, onions and pepper hung in sticks and sold for 10naira and 20naira each base on worth.

Mariam had caught up with Fatimah but she had been ridiculed with laughter. She later embraced her friend and they talked at length - what Zainab might be up to. They only had to hope she would be fine. They were so much concerned about her, they felt they should sneak back but dismissed it due to the harsh sun and distance.

Immediately the breeze had brought the smell of roasted yam sold very close to the Shopping Mall Ikoyi, where students often patronise. The atmosphere seemed to changed abruptly. Its calmness and peacefulness seemed to have been struck by a streak of lightening.

Then the disaster was approaching in the air slowly, slowly and slowly. Till it came like a wildfire, destruction. It hushed in the air with its approaching torrent. Bringing some sort of smoky and peppery breeze.

Tyres screeched, students and passersby lost their bearing. People raced off to wherever they thought they might be safe.

Where would Fatimah and Mariam race to in this intending turmoil? If they had known, they would have left earlier or better still, remained in school but right now, what was left was how they would escape this, unhurt.

Followed, was the jumping down from the buses that they came with - area-boys, touts, danfo-drivers or whatever their names were.

Cutlass squeaked on the floor. Daggers were drawn out of their hides. Charms or jazz were whirled in the air and the chase had started.

“Eh le wan (pursue them)”

“Eh gun anybody danu (`chuck' anybody)”

T,b,c,...........
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Wendysmart(f): 6:20am On May 10, 2015
[quote author=Fembleez1 post=32079738]PROLOGUE:-

You see, my people! This word called ‘love’ had been given different definitions and expressed in ways we won’t delve into right now. It is not certain we could pick up a dictionary to know what love is. Love is feeling and so those who wrote or compiled the dictionary would have had diverse feelings to give their various definitions.
To you reading this piece, what does love means to you? Do not try to deceive yourself of the ‘lust’ you are into right now; many girlfriends, sugar mummies; many boyfriends, sugar daddies. Nah! Love is more than that, more than just mere lust or playing on others’ feelings.

The caresses of the water spurting out from the rock, the pressure of it against the rock and the coolness it gives to the rock are often amiable and could be seen as the love between the rock and the water.

The love of mother-nature towards its (most specifically) human inhabitant are also laudable. The sun shining brightly but with intended belligerence in its own stupidity on the human skin to dazzle it, hurt it or keep it warm is also one meaning of love.
The love between a mother and a child cannot be overemphasized. As the mother, no matter how angry she might be during the difficult upbringing of a child, would always love her child even when he/she steps on her most delicate nerve.

In the beginning of the world, after the first six days or so, God in his infinite goodness and total love made Adam and removed Eve from his ribs – to give man a love that would never depart from him. Though, God knowing fully well he was not like man in every nature, - might not have satisfied man to always be his love, even when he’ll never stop loving his own creations.
Perhaps, he knew his supremacy-of-love to be above what man would require as a close mate, - and gave him a man of his kind, which they could both share whatever nature of love (deceit) with each other.

The type of love exhibited by Adam and Eve, might have been genuine as the very second varying type of love after God’s love but if I were permitted to say it, - was a stupid love (may God forgive me), because Adam being the first to be created out of them two and the first to receive instructions against the forbidden fruit of the tree of bad and evil; - should not have collected the fruit from his wife Eve (women sha!). But out of the genuine love shown in plain ‘mumuciousness’ by Adam, they were both cursed forever and lost the privilege of God’s love, even as he hasn’t stop loving them.

If that type of love still exist in the world today, the world would have been a better haven of love. The prevalent case is the opposite, -lust- filled in the world around us today, full of deceit.
Many young people now interchange or misinterpret love with lust. The world has drifted far from the world of true love. I remember vividly how our parents talked continuously about the way love was, in their own time, - though we were not present then and could not assert how true their stories might be, but could do nothing than to accept and believe the world has really changed. Romeo and Juliet case of love would be a more clarified and true meaning of what love should be as compiled in history and told today. It would be very rare to see a true and genuine love of such these days.
The type of love clamoured for is that which, when Boye is about to run bankrupt, Bioye would stand by him till the very end, - not one that sees her boyfriend/husband running into empty ‘can’ (pun not intended), and leave for another man reigning in affluence at the spur of that moment.

Adefemi, Zainab, Fatimah, Izuchukwu, Lazarus, Bola, Kazeem, and other colleagues the story would bring forth their characterization seemed to be overwhelmed by their last day in the Junior Secondary School not knowing what the future holds for them (particularly in their Senior School); their changing feelings from ordinary friendship into relationships would threaten not only their performances in academics but also their life in all facet.

Miss Funmi, and Miss Yemisi, the youth corps’ love for a boy of 14; - Femi, who was young in mind and didn’t know what love by these teachers’ meant.
Mr. John and his colleague, NYSC student-teachers, would never forget in their life their experience/s in the Business study class.

Thank God U made it to the 1st page,U write very well.
I will be reading via ur blog.
Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 10, 2015
Love things sha

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 8:35pm On May 10, 2015
Honestly, warin I like this story for be say, it always drag ma mind back to those craze years yen.... Whenever I dey read every update, I always remember those days, and its kind of fun and craze

Keep em coming boss
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sexyolori(f): 8:43pm On May 10, 2015
Too many characters...you lost me along the way. I commend your determination and creativity though.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2015
Fembleez1:
Shoyemiayodeji and Sageez, am I on FP? embarassed
i wil ansa dat after havin dis...
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 10:32am On May 11, 2015
Lols........ E leh wan!

E gun anybody danu!

The day i experienced that kind of Gombe ehn, it wasn't funny at all, I just bend down and picked my slippers, And I picked race with my tiny legs...... Its nt easy o.

Thanks 4 d updates....... still following.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Roughfyzay(m): 6:42pm On May 11, 2015
I dey gbadun you gan ni o. You are just too much! Muah! Waiting for the updates.....
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:24am On May 12, 2015

Due to what he had thought extensively about the other day. David had decided, it was time he stopped being the tough person he was. He had reasoned he was the only son of his parents and wouldn't want to see them suffer. They had tried in their own little way, though, they had not brought him up through his adolescent. They still made sure he was being helped by someone related to them at the village - so he could attend a school.

Not until he had been brought to Lagos to stay with them had they ever spent their money to see to his education in their Badagry village. Now, he lived with them and they were trying all they could to make sure David at least finished his secondary school and if he could secure a job that would aid him to save for Higher Education after it, they left it for him to decide.

He had also not been idle since he came to Lagos some few weeks ago. He had been introduced to the Boat Riders' Association Onikan. He had learnt to row and handle a boat in his years at Badagry and so, wasn't a novice to the job.

He got tested for the first time and had passed the test. He was given license though not official as in an ID but just facial recognition and all - to commence work plying Onikan to Jetty/Tarkwa-Bay. He was to pay monthly delivery of some stipulated amount at the office of the association while the profit he made was his.

He had been successful since he started and had been of a helping hand to his parents. Although, school days were often tight for him, as he was only able to work when he came back early from school. But on days he didn't arrived before 6pm when the boat would have closed. He had to sleep at the Onikan shore with his new tribes-men he had made friends with.

He sat with the gatemen at the Abacha Estate that was close to their school gate. He witnessed everything that happened in his class concerning Bala, the Head boy and his colleagues. He had not put mouth or intervene because of the decision he wanted to take but he seemed he was waiting for the fight.

He had made friend with Baba 70 some few weeks ago and had find him to be someone fearless as he is. Izu was also his friend yet not as close as Baba 70 was to him. He had decided he would wait around and see what would happen. He was going to make sure nothing happened to his friend.

However, he had thought it that, if Bala should involve his friends, there was bound to be something that would make him boil because he expects the fight to be just four people - two against two and no one else would be involved. He knew Baba 70 would surely beat the Head boy but he was adamant about Izu's ability but he felt, no matter how Bala could try, Izu would surely give him some good run for his power.

“A`boki abeg, you get water?” He asked from a small kiosk that was adjoined to the gateman's house.

He collected it from the A`boki and went to a corner. He washed his face and hands thoroughly. It seemed as though it had meaning. May be his priest had advised that he did that, no one knew but he washed his hands - as if performing some curious and lacking procedures' ablution. After which he removed his ring from his pocket.

“After today, I no dey use this ring again or all the Jazz wey I collect for village - and no more trouble. I wan face my life as I still get many things wey I wan do than to dey use jazz. The thing fit backfire one day,” he said to no one in particular. Perhaps he were running mad little by little.

He went back to his seat and waited but when he started seeing people running back from the bus-stop. He became alert. Had the fight started already without his knowledge? But he wasn't sure may be Izu and Baba 70 had passed this way. He wasn't sure about Bala and his colleagues too. He looked to have took notice about those who passed by for long.

He stood up and decided he was going to ask someone but no one waited to answer him and people scampered for their dear lives. He was amused at the way people were running without even something in their pursuit.

“Why una dey run na?” Their was smile on his cheek. They hung their for a moment.

Then suddenly he saw Bala and his colleagues racing with full speed than he had seen people run on a normal day - when something was in their trail. Say when policemen were after a hoodlum! Or when mobs were after an armed-robber. Their legs were so high, it felt they ran more than the speed of sound. On a fair play, the sudden circulation of gas, diffusion.

He wanted to grab hold of Bala as he sped pass him but rescinded. He wasn't sure now of what to do. He didn't even know what was making people run. He thought at once about Izu and Baba 70. What about them? What if they had been harmed by these people racing away. Assuming they had, he thought, why were they running? He hoped nothing beyond what he was thinking about has occurred.

Swiftly, he opened his bag and removed a sheath from it. In the sheath was contained his knife. He caressed his ring and brought it to his mouth - then whispered some incantation in his native dialect. He threw his bags at the wall and decided he was going to face whatever was coming. He was going to know what was making people run. He needed to know where his friends were and what had happened to them.

He braced himself up and without fear, he raced towards the bus-stop.

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:42am On May 12, 2015
“S.O.P” principo the leader of school two echoed.

“Fearless and rugged among all and sundry” chorused the gathering of mean looking students.

School 2 today was really crowded. Students had come in numbers due to the importance the leader had placed on the meeting that would take place that day.

The smokes that flared were so indescribable. The atmosphere was ridiculous. Rounds and rounds of hot drinks had been introduced before the meeting commenced. S.K and local weeds were being properly grounded between two palms even when S.K didn't require much stress as such.

Some people had wrapped theirs already and were just playing their tongue over a small leaflet space they had left unrolled. Some lit theirs and puff twice, then took the burning part towards their mouth like they would kiss it - they blew the fire so it could catch more and not die.

“Today as e dey be, I wan kpofo for one guy wey dey cast.”

“Kpofo am make we hear. As I dey here like this, I dey para. I wan down anybody we cast” one wretched looking guy said.

His face was too crump together and not appealing in anyway. More still, he drank hemp and gulped `shots on shots' of ogogoro (local Gin). In his eyes, one could see he was in the pit. His eyeballs had sunk inward and his brow and fore skin shut out.

He didn't have much difference from someone suffering from malnutrition except that his stomach wasn't very big. The fat in them had been burnt by glass and glasses of ogogoro drink.

“My guy, na one David of a guy o,” Principo pronounced.

“Kpoia!!!” Exclaimed someone who had just released the smoke he had saved through the last puff of weed he took, from his nostril. He paused for a moment to the astonishment of others who rather shook their head.

“Detail am make I reason him matter,” he finally broke the silence.

“Na that boy for Wahab o” Principo changed his position. He took a funny walk forward, lifting his head into the sky like he would shoot the clouds. His mouth squeezed and pointing forward. He stood tall among them. His gait was like that of a boss approaching the actor in a movie.

“Guy guy guy, waiii wai wai wait” Maxwell stammered. “Shey na na na na na ou ou ou our school dai dai david you de dey talk?” He finally got to the bus-stop he had been trying to get to for almost 2minutes.

“We no send am. Me personally no send am,” intoned a fierced looking Ibo boy. His eyes were complete red. It would make vampires afraid at night.

Maxwell went dead at that moment. He was the only Wahabian present in that gathering. One thing or the other raced through his mind and he felt he needed to defend David but when he realised he was alone in this great gathering - he decided silence was the best answer. He wasn't part of the S.O.P, so what he was doing in their midst was of shock to many. It now dawned on the cult there was a novice amongst them.

Maxwell had only come to flex that evening not knowing this was a different gathering than the normal school 2 he was used to. He was still seated and he roamed his eyes around to confirm he wasn't mistaken what he felt was happening. He was in the midst of many people he didn't really recognise.

“Be like say obonte dey our cupboard.” Someone raised the topic and many others refrained.

“Eh Maxwell! Waka before I open eyes. I say make you change guard before huntmen ground you,” the leader shouted.

There had been a slang that had been said before the leader asked Maxwell to flee. It seemed as though they had said, if Maxwell was let to stay, he would inform David about their plans.

Maxwell walked out of the gathering and once, left for his house which wasn't by anyway connected or linked towards the bus-stop where the fight was going on. He only needed to pass through the way buses came through when they were bringing students in the morning. The road didn't lead to the bus-stop of departure for all students to find their route. It was another route the bus had to ply while students closed for a day.

His house was only Dolphin Estate so he just needed to trek backwards and he was home in less than 30minutes.

“As we were saying before the Obonte surfaced. Na David and him own don dey too much for this school 2.” Principo announced once again as Maxwell had left.

“Imagine that de`pke (Badagry people sometimes called). That Egun! No be even from Togo or Ghana o! That mumu `Coutonou' guy.”

“As e dey be Principo. No need to long matter. Their inter house sport dey come up next 4 weeks, make we fall am that day” suggested one first class S.O.P member. He was among the top ranked in the whole complex.

They had tried all they could to model their cult group like other Universities and pronounced cult groups. They had their own top member of which Principo was the number 1 controlling the whole complex.

Much wasn't known how their number 1 was often deposed and replaced by another ambitious member. But they made sure every school had at least a top member in the cult.

“Me dey reason say make we fall am this week,” another member put in his own opinion.

“But this week don already run out. Me supenkpoche with wetin Huntersguard pronounce,” a light in complexion Yoruba guy who could be mistaken for an Igbo/Ibo guy added his own quota to the discussion.

“I pronounce,” Principo shouted and the chatters of the group went dead.

“We react for the inter-house sport day. Make huntmen down that day and HuntsLord follow Obonchas troway salut.”

“You are rugged all and sundry me Principo king of the guard's hunt.” All hailed the group in unison. The ground which they all gathered seemed to have thundered.

Then followed was the echo of S.O.P by a baritone voice from the crowd.

“Fearless and rugged among all and sundry,”
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:57am On May 12, 2015

Instead of them to run, they decided to take shelter under a table that had been left unturned but chained to a tree. And blood were being split in their presence. Though it was horrific, they still valued their lives than trying to run away. They were shaking so much as if they had seen a ghost.

This had been the first scenario they would witness were blood were split. Some innocent blood had been injured while daring students who couldn't be differentiated from hooligans themselves except by the uniform they put on - held their own cutlass high in the air, trying to attack the area-boys back.

Nothing more had cause the fight than just one student who had entered one of the buses and overheard the conductor and driver discussing the fare would be increased to 100naira the following day.

Imagine! From a token of 30naira bus to 100naira for the same distance without fuel-hike or scarcity was just too ridiculous for any ears to hear. But with justification too, wasn't required to lead to bloodshed.

But this is what had happened. The student who also was an area-boy and underbridge resident had confronted the driver and his employee why it should be so, the fare should soar that much. He was hot-tempered and didn't even wait for them to explain to him and had started a heated argument which had been taken by the conductor with a hot head.

“Oyawere ni? Abi o fe ku sha? (Are you mad? Do you want to die?”

The next thing that occurred was the sound of breaking bottle, `phoose! The student had suddenly broke a bottle and stabbed the conductor and absconded.

The bleeding conductor had been asked to be taken to the hospital and being the stone-head and heart he was. He had not gone rather - had used a towel to tie his hand that was stabbed. He was going to take the risk not because he was going to but because he had done that before. He didn't even consider if his blood runs out. He had ran to the garage and organised his own kinds and they had taken off to revenge on any student they came across at the school bus-stop.

“Eyin wo le wa labe beyen? (Who are you people hiding under that place?),” a dwarf amongst the hoodlums that had come to revenge saw Fatimah and Mariam under the table.

They didn't reply him as their spirit and soul had, at that moment seemed to have left their body. They were shrieked and shocked and as they felt it, utter bedlam.

“Una deaf? Abi God wan punish una papa?” The dwarf hurried forward and dragged the two grieved friends out of the table by their skirt as they restrained beating at his hands so he could stop. But their hands had no effect on him.

“Leave us alone. Please help!” Shouted Mariam.

The next thing she received was a loud slap on her face. She started crying profusely while Fatimah shook and her once very fair in complexion face had turned really heated, blood appeared to coagulate at her face.

She looked like an albino who had his/her heart in the face or someone who had a dislocation of the heart. One that had been fixed on the head rather than the chest which it was supposed to be. The blood was pumping to her head in mad rush.

Then the guy dragged them off. Only he knew where he was going to take them to. Kidnapping in broad daylight and no one could stop him. Nobody even dared as everyone had ran away. It might even be that, they came purposely for the girls or event led to it.

Those who sold things at the bus-stop and lovers too had all taken a voyage with the wind. Loads and fleet of Cars and buses that used to ply the root had all suddenly not surfaced again. The place was so deserted, even graveyard would not have chosen such bereft atmosphere.

The dwarf dragged them along and pushed the innocent girls into a bus as they continued to shout and cry at the top of their voices for help but none was forth coming.

David appeared once from the landscape and had forthwith been invisible to those fighters clattering their cutlasses. His eyes was pointed ahead. His vision were more than the eagle could focus.

That moment, this man called David had changed. His lenses were just on something or someone ahead. How he had passed those cutting one another and engaging their blows, charms and daggers, students versus area-boys - was a surprise.

Even those who used charms couldn't even feel his breeze pass them. This was evident jazz pass jazz. May be because his charms had been made in the village and those others in Lagos. Might be that the potency of village jazz was more than that of the city Lagos. All one could say was power pass power!!!

'Na where one person own madness (charms/power) stop, na him another person own just dey start'

He saw the bus sped off and he raced may be he could catch up and tag to the back but the road was so free, the speed the bus moved was almost at a par with a sport car that had been faulty but the speed was still some speed.

If God knew people who were using charms for good and decided to help them was a question many people would ask as an Okada-man (motorcyle) from nowhere came out of a nearby building. Well, it might just be some coincidence or sheer luck.

“Stop stop sir, abeg pursue that bus. Them don kidnap my classmate,” David jumped at the back seat once and the bike man sped off - in hot pursuit of the bus.

T,b,c,.........
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:59am On May 12, 2015
Please do ignore all typos in those last updates. Would go through them later!

Thank you and bye! wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:04am On May 12, 2015
[quote author=Wendysmart post=33589104][/quote]

Thanks sweet! But haven't been really updating my blog lately. There are only 3 Episodes there but would start updating cause of you! smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:10am On May 12, 2015
harjibolar10:
Honestly, warin I like this story for be say, it always drag ma mind back to those craze years yen.... Whenever I dey read every update, I always remember those days, and its kind of fun and craze

Keep em coming boss

Thanks baba smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:12am On May 12, 2015
Sexyolori:
Too many characters...you lost me along the way. I commend your determination and creativity though.

Thanks ma'am wink, please do have your seat ma!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:14am On May 12, 2015
adeh39:
Lols........ E leh wan!

E gun anybody danu!

The day i experienced that kind of Gombe ehn, it wasn't funny at all, I just bend down and picked my slippers, And I picked race with my tiny legs...... Its nt easy o.

Thanks 4 d updates....... still following.

Hahahahahaha lol, no be small thing o. Abeg remind me now about that beauty pageant please. Let me vote and campaign for one of my own. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:17am On May 12, 2015
Roughfyzay:
I dey gbadun you gan ni o. You are just too much! Muah!
Waiting for the updates.....

My boss, thanks much ehn. Make I welcome you with one demijohn of palm wine and bush-meat. Abeg relax and enjoy. cheesy
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2015
Chai! !!!

So, na watin cause the trouble be that small thing, Nigeria sha

I hope those yeye, people of school 2 see what David is about to do, to save those Girls...

Keep em coming boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Silensa(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2015
In 2face idibia's voice "flamebleez1" na only you I go dey follow follow.

Waiting for you at all time

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply)

Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.