Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,096 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed (755 Views)

Never Again Will I Vote A Fulani As President / Jonathan Administration: Government Of Transformation Or Deformation? / Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by sparkleboy(m): 9:01am On Mar 28, 2015
After all the propaganda and campaigning, The Election Day is here but am beginning to have second thoughts! I need sensible reasons to pick my choice or I might just keep my PVC and use it for an I.D card when needed.
Demdem, julliann, barcanista, collynzo, egift etal, please come to my aid, and I'm sure there are others like me having second thought!
Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 28, 2015
OP: Please Read This Letter Carefully before you decide.

barcanista:
Fellow Nigerians,

I wish I can write you all individually but I am greatly constrained. Hence, I decide this medium. Please, treat it as that of a brother to his beloved brethren.

In about five (5) days time we will troop out to our respective polling unit to cast our votes on who lead our great country as President and Commander-in-chief from May 29, 2015. This exercise may appear routine every four(4) years but this year's own is historic.

Recall that four(4) years ago supporters of the major opposition candidate reigned mayhem in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger, Sokoto, Yobe, and Zamfara states. Over a thousands compatriots(including corp members) were murdered in cold blood. Houses and source of livelihood were destroyed. Over six hundred (600) people were arrested by the police but were later bailed by the same candidate and his party. This same candidate is now asking for our "vote".

Also recall that for the first time since 1979, our government created enabling environment that will usher in credible election. The elections of 2003 and 2007 were heavily criticised by the international community and local observers. However, that of 2011 was praised by even the USA Government. Our President promised 2015 to be better and now we are talking PVC. The main actor that supervised the 2003 and 2007 election is now a backer of the main opposition candidate.

While the President subjects himself to every democratic and constitutional process, the main opposition and his party arrogantly exempt themselves from every form of Political debate thereby denying you and I the chance of assessing them side by side with others. They claimed to be democrats but they made it clear that they will not subject to our courts in the event that they are declared unelected but would rather cause chaos by forming parallel government. On security, they have consistently kick against the use of force on BH ravaging our brethren in the North East but are quick to abuse the government. Thank God that the Army is on the verge of wiping off Boko haram with 80% success so far.

My brethren, the main opposition keep telling us on how they will fight corruption but they refused to implement the Freedom of Information Law that was signed by President Jonathan. They refused transparent leadership. The President declared his asset to the Conde of Conduct Bureau as requested by the law in 2011. However, they said he should declare it again in public when they can invoke the FOI to CCB to retrieve it. Meanwhile, non of their political office holder has published their asset to the public. Isn't that hypocrisy? We all know that our fundamental challenge as a people is systematic, the President in his wisdom instituted a National Conference to address this, this same major opposition party rejected it. The Conference drew eminent Nigerians and made lots of recommendations which the President accepted and is prepared to send to NASS for implementation. The major opposition keep telling us that "PDP is in power for 16 years", but in truth a super majority of the major players in and out of PDP between 1999-Mayy 2011 are members of the same opposition party and they form the main nucleus of their team. Who is deceiving who?

I would have talked a lot on infrastructural advancement of this administration but I don't wish to bore you with too much words. However, I urge you to reflect on the manufacturing, power, rail, agricultural and technology sectors and you will appreciate the progress made by this administration. We are all talking PVC thanks to the administration. I agree that ideally we should have done better but the prospect is a thing to joy in.

Fellow compatriots, we have the chance of continuing with the democratic incumbent who not only successfully privatise electricity sector but also vowed to reform the petroleum sector when elected. If we are honest with ourselves, we will know that the process of change is ongoing. Though silent!

I enjoin you to re-elect the incumbent President Jonathan of the People's Democratic Party for the silent transformation and the change to continue. Most importantly, I urge you all to shun violence but be alert and resist any form of anarchy.

I Love You All! God Bless Nigeria! God Bless President Jonathan and PDP.

Your Compatriot and Friend
Barcanista(Nairaland)

1 Like

Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 28, 2015
Transformation and change have the same semantics. Abeg vote for KOWA Party cool

1 Like

Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by Sweetguy25: 9:16am On Mar 28, 2015
Vote GEJ. He has a good man with good plans for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by dulux07(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Vote for pdp If u r satisfied with d way dis country is now, i.e corruptn, high/scarcity of fuel, devaluatn of naira, insecurity, epileptic power supply, inflation, unemployment..........pdp have been der for 16yrs, lets give another party a chance .Vote for APC if u want change n progress in this country. APC would definitely want to achieve alot when elected, cos they would want to retain d presidency, most of der governors ve performed better than their opposition.

1 Like

Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by AmucheJane(f): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Jonathan want to develop Nigeria,Buhari want to fight corruption, very easy to settle. Let jonathan continue as the President and Buhari be appointed as the chairman of the EFCC. Case closed! Vote not fight!!!!

What do you think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by john124(m): 9:24am On Mar 28, 2015
AmucheJane:
Jonathan want to develop Nigeria,Buhari want to fight corruption, very easy to settle. Let jonathan continue as the President and Buhari be appointed as the chairman of the EFCC. Case closed! Vote not fight!!!!

What do you think?
I like your thoughts
Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by BabaNath(m): 9:30am On Mar 28, 2015
All through the electioneering season, APC focused on Buhari, and PDP did same. please when you get to your polling booth, let your thumbprint focus on Buhari's box on the ballot paper. #PleaseVoteChange

1 Like

Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by sparklebaby: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Nice to meet to meet you, my nairaland namesake.

1 Like

Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by sparkleboy(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
sparklebaby:
Nice to meet to meet you, my nairaland namesake.
Cool.
Did u see my pm
Re: Who Do I Vote For! Transformation Or Change, Advice Needed by sparklebaby: 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
sparkleboy:

Cool.
Did u see my pm

Yes I did, and I tried replying but thanks to poor network, I guess the message wasn't sent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC Defects To PDP And PDP Retaliates! / Ex-governor Sheriff Delivered Only 241 Votes In His Ward To GEJ- KSM News / Live Inec Presidential Election With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.