Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,845 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? (3499 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2015
djmask:
I saw this on the site " Although we do not
take part in politics, we respect the authority of
the governments under which we live." So your religion allows you to suffer, because of you don't participate in governance, then you will be forced to take whatever is jam down your throat. Imagine if one of you was in Hitlers camp, the death of those innocent people won't be much.
Non alignment is silly, especially when their actions and deeds affects you. So if the police brutality kill one of yours would you sit and say its Jehovah's will?

True, if someone with the fear of God had been on the throne instead of Hitler, the killings probably would not have occurred. however, that a God fearing person choose to contest does not mean he will win, and it may not be realistic that a Godfearing person will rule in every nation, don't you agree?

John 6:15 showed that Jesus rejected to be made a king. Can we say he was silly to reject?

we respect the authorities because God said we should, but if the rulers take a step against God's written word, there actions become condemnable and that being the case, we will obey God's word rather than them. acts 5:29
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by johnw74: 12:00am On Mar 31, 2015
JMAN05:

True, if someone with the fear of God had been on the throne instead of Hitler, the killings probably would not have occurred. however, that a God fearing person choose to contest does not mean he will win, and it may not be realistic that a Godfearing person will rule in every nation, don't you agree?

John 6:15 showed that Jesus rejected to be made a king. Can we say he was silly to reject?

we respect the authorities because God said we should, but if the rulers take a step against God's written word, there actions become condemnable and that being the case, we will obey God's word rather than them. acts 5:29

Yes and the jw org. is condemmed

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

jw remove Spirit of God and put in active force.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

This is God talking,
jw remove me and put in the one.

They change what the Bible says to make it fit their false doctrines.
You are right JMANO5 they are condemmed.

they are just two verses out of many.

John wrote concerning the book of revelation:

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I imagine that would apply to the other books of the Bible as well.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 31, 2015
johnw74:

Yes and the jw org. is condemmed

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

jw remove Spirit of God and put in active force.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

This is God talking,
jw remove me and put in the one.

They change what the Bible says to make it fit their false doctrines.
You are right JMANO5 they are condemmed.

they are just two verses out of many.

John wrote concerning the book of revelation:

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I imagine that would apply to the other books of the Bible as well.

create a thread for these and invite me. just let the discussion be free of word fight, if not, I ll withdraw.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by johnw74: 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2015
JMAN05:

create a thread for these and invite me. just let the discussion be free of word fight, if not, I ll withdraw.

Why ask for a new thread all the time?
you said something in this thread,
and I replied to you about that in this same thread.

And would you point out the word fight in my post.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 01, 2015
johnw74:

Why ask for a new thread all the time?
you said something in this thread,
and I replied to you about that in this same thread.

And would you point out the word fight in my post to you.

If you are serious, you create a thread. this thread is for something else.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by johnw74: 6:23am On Apr 01, 2015
JMAN05:

If you are serious, you create a thread. this thread is for something else.

I'm serious alright, you read my post.
This is djmask thread not yours, I'm not creating a new thread to comment on something you said in this thread.

You don't have to reply to my comment, but if you want to and it looks like you do, then do it here, or create a new thread replying to my post and let me know.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Dorisbest(f): 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Trash
paulGrundy:

Yes. If you vote, you are patronising the great harlot, Babylon the Great, signifying the religious n political system of this world and Jeeehova will kill you in armaggedon because of that.
absolute nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by paulGrundy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
Dorisbest:
Trash

absolute nonsense

Finally a sensible nairalander, how I wish the watchtowerised can be sensible like you. wink smiley
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 06, 2015
johnw74:

I'm serious alright, you read my post.
This is djmask thread not yours, I'm not creating a new thread to comment on something you said in this thread.

You don't have to reply to my comment, but if you want to and it looks like you do, then do it here, or create a new thread replying to my post and let me know.

Sir when you are ready, let me know.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by charlsecy(m): 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2023
Not sure to be made a king was the reason Jesus came to earth.
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2023
paulGrundy:
Our kingdom is not of this world, Jeeehovah warned us against becoming part of this world.
First question, so you lot worship under God’s Old Law of Moses, YHWH, and not Jesus Christ? I mean clearly YHWH is the name God Himself attached to His Old Law of Moses, the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan Exodus 3 vs 1 - 6 & Exodus 6 vs 1 - 8 - whereas Jesus Christ is the name of His New agreement/Covenant of peace, a Constitution belonging to the Kingdom of Priests God promised to make of His Israel - Exodus 19 vs 6.

Second, you don't vote because you claim to be of an alien world yet you pay taxes? undecided
Re: Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Vote? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2023
djmask:

I have studied the lot of Jehovah's Witnesses on my street (5 Families). And I realise that they shy away from most civic duties especially contesting for public office and voting.
Why?
Is there a bible quotation to back this?
If we all abandon the polity of our nation, won't there be chaos?
I see this as an act of irresponsibility.
Why are they always the odd one out?
Answers pls: bingbagbo OAM4J

I would have loved to but i don't know anyone among those people so i don't want to offend the opponent by being biased since they're all strangers to me.

My thumbprint means i'm vouching for the person but if he fails to deliver then all the curses from those suffering due to bad rulership will affect me for vouching for someone i don't really know! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roman Catholicism Exposed! Who Is This Mother And Child? / This Was What Winners Church Did To Me. / By Faith Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.