Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith (8404 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Renouncing My Christian Faith / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2015
I remember some of the things that made me reject the doctrines of christianity and how "acclaimed" educated pastors peached this so calmly and confidently as if it were a reflection of the natural world around us

1. God is omniscient, he knows all before it even happens..yet created an Adam with the knowledge of his future sin and subsequent calamity for humanity
Either this God is really not omniscient or he just likes causing trouble and blame it on his creations

2. God created Satan, how possible is it that an all power overlord of the universe finds a mere musical cherub to be threat to his supremacy? Is God not strong enough to deal with satan, whom he created? Is this God losing his power? Or he just likes playing the victim and using satan to catch some fun and create some hero-villain story out of it all to remain relevant to his believers?

3. How much have we studied the Bible to verify the things we hear from our pastors and the public belief of Christians since the first council of Nicaea
It's one thing that humans wrote the Bible, it's another thing that humans interpret it
Also consider the factor of error in translations as the Bible wasn't first written in English...Infact English language didn't exist then

4. We learn that Jesus payed the ultimate price for all mankind by dying for our sins. Can we really say he payed anything worth the price? This man died for only 3 days
That's not a full payment if you ask me
Because back in the old testament, God instructed household Animals to be killed to serve as payment for sin...these animals never resurrected and it signified "full payment"

5. The issue of sin in christianity is one that attracts spiritual punishment, even though we commit this sin physically....why should Jesus pay a physical price? Why didn't he die spiritually so we can be completely saved spiritually?

6. Why did God choose a particular people? He created us all didn't he? Why was he always particular about the Jews? I am Yoruba, I didn't read anything about my ancestral fathers in the Bible, just Jews and those they came in contact with. The Bible rules are typical Jewish traditions and christianity is reformed version of that by Europeans
Why didn't God pick all people? Why only one people? Isn't this partiality...of course it is
Same way God openly rejected Esau before his birth and favoured a lying Jacob

7. Why are there so much violence and diseases? Why does a peaceful, loving God allow such? Is he incapable of addressing the issue? then he is the complete representation of clueless and incompetent
Is he capable but unwilling? Then he is evil and lies that he is loving and kind

8. If death was caused by Adam's sin and the same Adam at his creation was tasked with the responsibility to reproduce and multiply...all these millennias the population would have been about 1 trillion and over
the earth is such a limited space, imagine the way we fight for land in today's world, how would it have been if Adam never sinned and humans never had to die

The little space you get in a crowed Aswani market would be the largest you would find

9. How would judgement day be? The trillions of people who have lived and died all being judged in God's court? Just imagine the scene and how long it would take before it gets to us in the 21st century
Would we see our Great x5 grand fathers and enjoy a conversation?
What about those going to hell because they didn't know Jesus or believe the Christians? Imagine currently we have billions of non Christians, some millions of Christians would also fail to make heaven plus the dead who didn't get the goodnews of Christ when alive...surely close to a trillion would make their way to hell and heaven would be so empty with less than a billion people
What kind of God allows this?

10. why does the Bible contradict itself so much?
A book of unarguable knowledge and truth shouldn't have contradictions but absolute conformity

this addresses only the Christian faith and no other

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Greyworld: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
Talkin abt yur signature, who is d creator?

How eva I still wonder why God regretted creatn man (Gen.6:6) wen he alredy knows dat man wud disobey him.

I stll believe in GOD tho.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2015
Greyworld:

The creator is that which all things sprang from
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by yomi007k(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
Bros I no know o.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by no2fuks(m): 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2015
rev 9.1 " The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I
saw a star that had fallen from the sky to
the earth. The star was given the key to the
shaft of the Abyss."
how is that possible when stars are bigger than earth

3 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by GooseBaba: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
Any way is a way.... grin grin a closed canon only needs interpretation, delusion And a heavy dose of self induced ignorance... grin

All a believer needs is to lay claims, accusations and excuses.. grin

Let's watch and see if my assertion is correct..

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2015
Greyworld:

How eva I still wonder why God regretted creatn man (Gen.6:6) wen he alredy knows dat man wud disobey him.

I stll believe in GOD tho.

Questions the claim that this God has the ability known as omniscience
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
no2fuks:
shaft of the Abyss."

Bible also claims stars didn't exist before the third day of creation, meaning the earth appeared first

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by lepasharon(f): 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
What a Christian sees as indisputable facts everyone else can see is a delusion
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnw74: 1:02am On Apr 03, 2015
Seeming irregularities in the Bible do not discourage believers, because of their God given faith.

Some read the Bible looking for Truth, those who seek the Truth find it unto Salvation.

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2Ti_3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by kay1one(m): 6:31am On Apr 03, 2015
1 Corinthians 1:27-29 NIV

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.

Happy Good Friday.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2015
Yes they just started quoting the same bible ^^^^^^

it is clear that the bible was written by ancient men that had not the slightest incline of what the universe is.

How can the earth be created on the first day and it's parent star which it orbits and whose gravity holds the earth be created on the 4th day

how can day and night be created four days before the sun that causes day and night

How can vegetation appear before sun

An omniscient being was surprised Adam and eve ate the apple

An omnipotent being couldn't just snap his hands and the angel turn devil he created will just stop existing, but ooh he is struggling for power with his creation and they are playing bet for souls (the absurdity got dumber)

a merciful god cannot forgive you unless some kind of blood sacrifice was used, he graduated from asking for animals to demanding the blood of his son... #Damn!!!

A book with jewish mythological history in almost half of its pages, and the remaining part of the book is still about the jews.. wooow thats the word of god smiley
and the book was dumb enough to think stars can fall down to earth..grin

A universal god that sounds more jewish than others. even the gates of heaven have 12gates signifying twelve tribes of isreal.. clearly a jewish deity.

and the list can go on forever.. it only take plain delusion to believe any of that crap..

Christians never wondered how the worship of the jewish deity started. Isreal being a canaanite civilization slowly reworked the canaanite religion and supreme god El into a strict monotheistic religion on their own.

The most glaring part is that the god got modified by the christians that is very evident enough its not the same god with that of the jews but the same concept.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Gombs(m): 7:24am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello macof. cheesy
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 1:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
We don't really know the true believes of christianity all thanks to Emperor Constantine who created the catholic church and hand picked the 4 gospels out of almost 50 that was available
I read the gospel of Peter, Judas, Mary Magdalene have been found and undergoing interpretations

How do people not see politics and fraud in the formation of christianity?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Anas09: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
You know, if God created us without a will and the power of choice, we would be Zombies and will be so boring to have people do everything God wants all the time. So he allowed us to choose between good and evil, and life and dead. They have their consequencies and rewards. But u won't accept that would you? U just want to live ur life as u like it, without checks and balances. There r conquencies for all our actions dear. The world is the way it is because of U and the likes of Johnydon. God knows abt u. But remember, ur insults against Jehovah won't go unnoticed. If u don't pay ur children will.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
kay1one:
1 Corinthians 1:27-29 NIV

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.

Happy Good Friday.

Would God give you a smart brain and expect you not to use it?
Rather believe every dumb shiit said by a man in suit?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gombs:
Hello macof. cheesy
hello Gombs
How can I help you?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
no2fuks:
shaft of the Abyss."

grin grin
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by kay1one(m): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
macof:

Would God give you a smart brain and expect you not to use it?
Rather believe every dumb shiit said by a man in suit?

Any you think every smart discovery was made by "smart brains". Decipher stuff as well!
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
kay1one:

Any you think every smart discovery was made by "smart brains". Decipher stuff as well!
No but every dumb statement is made by dumb brains like we have in the Bible

Have you deciphered the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

eheeee dude i heard muhammad split the moon, is it true? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

eheeee dude i heard muhammad split the moon, is it true? smiley

angry Shut up
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

Don't laugh.
Ur Quran wants us to believe the Sun enters a stream every evening
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
macof:

Don't laugh.
Ur Quran wants us to believe the Sun enters a stream every evening

Really! Where? when?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnw74:

Seeming irregularities in the Bible do not discourage believers, because of their God given faith.

Some read the Bible looking for Truth, those who seek the Truth find it unto Salvation.

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2Ti_3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

What truths do the Bible hold?
You should be ashamed believing a man died 2000yrs before you were born, yet this death is a fraud cus Jesus needs to die spiritually to save us spiritually

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

angry Shut up

its just a question bro... Did muhammed split the moon or not.. Just a yes or a No smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

its just a question bro... Did muhammed split the moon or not.. Just a yes or a No smiley

No he didn't.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Really! Where? when?

Surah 18:86 u no dey read ur holy book
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

No he didn't.

So the noble quran 54 :1 The Hour has come closer, and the moon has split.

was probably drunk when it said that? smiley

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_of_the_moon
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
macof:

Dont worry macof i have an e-koran on my phone let me help read it out for our dear friend Rilwayne001 grin

[size=20] Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near
it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish or else adopt among them
goodness." [/size]

there, better grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
macof:

Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 86:
[And he marched westwards] till, when he came to the setting of the sun, it appeared to him that it was setting in a dark, turbid sea; and nearby he found a people [given to every kind of wrongdoing]. We said: "O thou Two-Horned One! Thou mayest either cause [them] to suffer or treat them with kindness!"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Only Genuine Love Can Change The World – T.B. Joshua / The Plain Concept Of Eledumare And Orisas With The Reality Behind Them / Chris Tomlin Gospel Singer Is A Member Of The Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.