Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith (8433 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Renouncing My Christian Faith / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

So the noble quran 54 :1 The Hour has come closer, and the moon has split.

was probably drunk when it said that? smiley

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_of_the_moon

Some also assert that the verses refers to something that will happen at the day of judgement, not to a miracle performed by the prophet.

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 2:
But if they [who reject all thought of the Last Hour] were to see a sign [of its approach], they would turn aside and say, “An ever-recurring delusion!” –
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

Dont worry macof i have an e-koran on my phone let me help read it out for our dear friend Rilwayne001 grin

] Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near
it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish or else adopt among them
goodness." [/size]

there, better grin

This requires a lot of explanation which I can't waste my time to do. smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by kay1one(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
macof:

No but every dumb statement is made by dumb brains like we have in the Bible

Have you deciphered the Bible?

Why not write a book before judging!
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 2:
But if they [who reject all thought of the Last Hour] were to see a sign [of its approach], they would turn aside and say, “An ever-recurring delusion!” –

Sir that chapter made it clear it the prophet performed that miracle for the people of makkah.

Throwing in last hour stuff which clearly i don't see any moon splitting there is deceptive... grin

Anyway you just lied that the prophet didn't split the moon.. cheesy
You wanted to protect the absurdity you believe huh? wink

3 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

This requires a lot of explanation which I can't waste my time to do. smiley

A two line verse require a lot of explanation? lmao, so you will start with your running around and employing other clueless verses too.

Oga we take the quran exactly as we see it, you saying it require an explanation is like saying these words that am typing to you now requires an explanation, oh no it means exactly what it says.. smiley

In Albert Einstein's voice If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

Sir that chapter made it clear it the prophet performed that miracle for the people of makkah.

Throwing in last hour stuff which clearly i don't see any moon splitting there is deceptive... grin

The Arabic uses the past tense, as if that Day were already
here, to help the reader/listener imagine how it will be. Some traditional commentators hold the view that this describes an actual event at the time of the Prophet, but it clearly refers to the end of the world.

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 2:

Anyway you just lied that the prophet didn't split the moon.. cheesy
You wanted to protect the absurdity you believe huh? wink

I'm not lying and I'm not protecting anything, the link you provide already told you that different opinions are held on it.

Oya count my teeth grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The Arabic uses the past tense, as if that Day were already
here, to help the reader/listener imagine how it will be. Some traditional commentators hold the view that this describes an actual event at the time of the Prophet, but it clearly refers to the end of the world.

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 2:

I'm not lying and I'm not protecting anything, the link you provide already told you that different opinions are held on it.

Oya count my teeth grin grin

And this is where i love it most, when they employ glaring deceptions to mask their absurd belief.. grin
let me read the surah to verse 6

The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two].

54:2
And if they see a miracle, they turn away and say, "Passing magic."

54:3
And they denied and followed their inclinations. But for every matter is a [time of] settlement.

54:4
And there has already come to them of information that in which there is deterrence -

54:5
Extensive wisdom - but warning does not avail [them].

54:6
So leave them, [O Muhammad]. The Day the Caller calls to something forbidding.

You see it was clearly talking about muhammed .

you were quick enough to laugh at the christians absurd belief but forgot ur own is worse..

Split moon, prrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffff now recount your teeth ! grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Rilwayne001: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

And this is where i love it most, when they employ glaring deceptions to mask their absurd belief.. grin
let me read the surah to verse 6
The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two].
54:2 And if they see a miracle, they turn away and say, "Passing magic." 54:3? And they denied and followed their inclinations. But for every matter is a [time of] settlement.
54:4 And there has already come to them of information that in which there is deterrence - 54:5 Extensive wisdom - but warning does not avail [them]. 54:6 So leave them, [O Muhammad]. The Day the Caller calls to something forbidding. You see it was clearly talking about muhammed .
you were quick enough to laugh at the christians absurd belief but forgot ur own is worse.. ? Split moon, prrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffff now recount your teeth ! grin

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 6:
turn thou away from them [O Muhammad]. On the Day when the Summoning Voice will sum­mon [man] unto something that the mind cannot conceive,

Are you still blind to see the bolded??

Now count my teeth grin grin
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Gombs(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
macof:
hello Gombs
How can I help you?

Yeah.. Thanks. I want you to tell me if you believe in miracles?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnw74: 12:28am On Apr 04, 2015
macof:

What truths do the Bible hold?
You should be ashamed believing a man died 2000yrs before you were born, yet this death is a fraud cus Jesus needs to die spiritually to save us spiritually

Rom_10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 12:28am On Apr 04, 2015
kay1one:

Why not write a book before judging!

I have no interest in writing books
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 12:53am On Apr 04, 2015
johnw74:

Rom_10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Obviously because such person no longer has power over his mind
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Curmudgeon: 3:47am On Apr 04, 2015
I think it is clear that the Old Testament God is quite different than the New Testament God. And the God of the Koran is similar to the Old Testament God. )

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnw74: 7:09am On Apr 04, 2015
johnw74:

macof:

Obviously because such person no longer has power over his mind

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 04, 2015
kay1one:
1 Corinthians 1:27-29 NIV

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.

Happy Good Friday.

This doesn't in anyway give answer to the Op's question.

Stop quoting verses that have nothing to do with the subject at hand......
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by kay1one(m): 8:06am On Apr 04, 2015
missclasssy:

This doesn't in anyway give answer to the Op's question.

Stop quoting verses that have nothing to do with the subject at hand......

Iti! Even the op replied and you carry your illiterate self to quote and talk crap!
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2015
kay1one:

Iti! Even the op replied and you carry your illiterate self to quote and talk crap!

And you take to insulting her when she really made a point...

what is it with you, why are you always so offensive and insult at the slightest chance.

You don't bring up arguable points with solid facts but just quote bible then insult anybody that says what you don't like.. You need to change that attitude..
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by kay1one(m): 10:06am On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

And you take to insulting her when she really made a point...

what is it with you, why are you always so offensive and insult at the slightest chance.

You don't bring up arguable points with solid facts but just quote bible then insult anybody that says what you don't like.. You need to change that attitude..

You must be lost!
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 10:09am On Apr 04, 2015
johnw74:

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Lmao you want us to believe absurdity and not be ashamed? Come on! maybe for you but not for me

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2015
How about the talking snake and donkey episodes of the Great fiction called the Bible?

Who can explain that...@johnw74 maybe
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 10:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Curmudgeon:
I think it is clear that the Old Testament God is quite different than the New Testament God. And the God of the Koran is similar to the Old Testament God. )

Quite right, I always consider Jehovah and Yahweh as different Gods

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnydon22(m): 10:29am On Apr 04, 2015
kay1one:

You must be lost!

and he continues... smh
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by kay1one(m): 10:36am On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

and he continues... smh
Dear self appointed care taker... I'm doing just fine.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2015
A good question from simplex2
simplex2:
And what has changed after the supposed death?

Sin still abound, death still abound!

The bible said sin entered the earth through 1 man (Adam) and that life entered through another (Jesus). So why are people still dying? Why are people still believed to go to hell if they die in sin? If Jesus had not died, (according to your bible), sinners will still go to hell and righteous people still go to heaven: so what difference did the death make?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
macof:
I remember some of the things that made me reject the doctrines of christianity and how "acclaimed" educated pastors peached this so calmly and confidently as if it were a reflection of the natural world around us

1. God is omniscient, he knows all before it even happens..yet created an Adam with the knowledge of his future sin and subsequent calamity for humanity
Either this God is really not omniscient or he just likes causing trouble and blame it on his creations

My answer
Yes God is omniscient,but not quite how you perceive it.Simply put its like watching a movie, you either can skip to see what happens next or allow the story to unfold with time.Allowing things to unfold as they may is just his decision and does not in any way secede his omniscient nature.

2. God created Satan, how possible is it that an all power overlord of the universe finds a mere musical cherub to be threat to his supremacy? Is God not strong enough to deal with satan, whom he created? Is this God losing his power? Or he just likes playing the victim and using satan to catch some fun and create some hero-villain story out of it all to remain relevant to his believers?

Answer
How would you handle a subordinate's uprise,after he manages to convince his colleagues 1/3 that you are inept and should be relieved of duty?.
Should you sack him,the 2/3 that sided with you might think he was right and the other 1/3 would know he was right hence you used your superiority to rid him off.
But give him time a chance,and his own ineptidude would clear all doubt.I hope my scenario is clear.

3. How much have we studied the Bible to verify the things we hear from our pastors and the public belief of Christians since the first council of Nicaea
It's one thing that humans wrote the Bible, it's another thing that humans interpret it
Also consider the factor of error in translations as the Bible wasn't first written in English...Infact English language didn't exist then

Answer
Love the lord God with all your heart,soul and body,then love your neighbor as thine self!
This is what the bible preaches everything else missing or hidden ,goes to support it or build faith.

4. We learn that Jesus payed the ultimate price for all mankind by dying for our sins. Can we really say he payed anything worth the price? This man died for only 3 days
That's not a full payment if you ask me
Because back in the old testament, God instructed household Animals to be killed to serve as payment for sin...these animals never resurrected and it signified "full payment"

Answer
I refuse to comment on this because its really silly.

5. The issue of sin in christianity is one that attracts spiritual punishment, even though we commit this sin physically....why should Jesus pay a physical price? Why didn't he die spiritually so we can be completely saved spiritually?

Answer
If the atonement was only spiritual,how would you have known?Would you have believed if someone told you?
Jesus only died physically to signify what had already happened in the spiritual.

6. Why did God choose a particular people? He created us all didn't he? Why was he always particular about the Jews? I am Yoruba, I didn't read anything about my ancestral fathers in the Bible, just Jews and those they came in contact with. The Bible rules are typical Jewish traditions and christianity is reformed version of that by Europeans
Why didn't God pick all people? Why only one people? Isn't this partiality...of course it is
Same way God openly rejected Esau before his birth and favoured a lying Jacob

Answer
would ever race of every tribe be noted and accounted for in the bible?
The size would be enormous.For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him should obtain eternal life.
God does not practise favouritism.

7. Why are there so much violence and diseases? Why does a peaceful, loving God allow such? Is he incapable of addressing the issue? then he is the complete representation of clueless and incompetent
Is he capable but unwilling? Then he is evil and lies that he is not loving and kind.

Answer
My very first comment relates to this.
God punished man to die,lets get that straight first.
Suppose man could pray and ask God to take away diseases,then hardships,then poverty, aren't we smartly evading his punishment?
But through prayer God answers our various requests according to his discretion so as not to go against himself.
Lets take a scenario where a kid gets sick,his mom immediately prays and for his welbeing and God answers,then some years later mom also gets sick,kid prays and she gets well.Even in her of age of of kid prays she doesn't get weak so he can pay her back for taking care of her.So when does that cycle stop,where does death come in to fulfill God's word.

8. If death was caused by Adam's sin and the same Adam at his creation was tasked with the responsibility to reproduce and multiply...all these millennias the population would have been about 1 trillion and over
the earth is such a limited space, imagine the way we fight for land in today's world, how would it have been if Adam never sinned and humans never had to die

The little space you get in a crowed Aswani market would be the largest you would find

MY ANSWER
How does a tiny sperm and an egg fuse to form a human being that has bones in it,from where do your nails come from after you cut them,please do yourself a favour and understand the basic concepts first.

9. How would judgement day be? The trillions of people who have lived and died all being judged in God's court? Just imagine the scene and how long it would take before it gets to us in the 21st century
Would we see our Great x5 grand fathers and enjoy a conversation?
What about those going to hell because they didn't know Jesus or believe the Christians? Imagine currently we have billions of non Christians, some millions of Christians would also fail to make heaven plus the dead who didn't get the goodnews of Christ when alive...surely close to a trillion would make their way to hell and heaven would be so empty with less than a billion people
What kind of God allows this?

10. why does the Bible contradict itself so much?
A book of unarguable knowledge and truth shouldn't have contradictions but absolute conformity

this addresses only the Christian faith and no other
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
The above is my comment,sorry i couldn't separate them.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
hernia:
The above is my comment,sorry i couldn't separate them.

Pls construct your comment the appropriate way, I can't even identify which is which
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Am using a phone at the moment ,regardless i think its pretty clear, where your questions end and my answers start.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by wordcat(m): 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=hernia post=32344653][/quote]

Please can u shed more light on your number 5 answer; If what christ did here on earth was a demo of what happened in the spiritual realm,,,,,,,, are u saying that Christ actually died in the Spiritual realm?
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by johnw74: 3:32am On Apr 05, 2015
macof:

Lmao you want us to believe absurdity and not be ashamed? Come on! maybe for you but not for me

I'm posting to you, not us (fellow non believers).
Why ask me about scriptures to begin with?
Just make a post saying scriptures are absurd, and I wouldn't have wasted my time replying to you.
Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by macof(m): 7:31am On Apr 05, 2015
johnw74:

I'm posting to you, not us (fellow non believers).
Why ask me about scriptures to begin with?
Just make a post saying scriptures are absurd, and I wouldn't have wasted my time replying to you.

You didn't make me see how the Christian faith isn't full of absurdity rather you accepted it and claimed we shouldn't be ashamed of it...so what's this about again?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Some Of The Irregularities Of The Christian Faith by hernia: 7:38am On Apr 05, 2015
wordcat:

Please can u shed more light on your number 5 answer; If what christ did here on earth was a demo of what happened in the spiritual realm,,,,,,,, are u saying that Christ actually died in the Spiritual realm?

I was merely emphasizing that his question was canal.
Every physical action has spiritual consequence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout Bishop David Oyedepo’s Luxurious House, Cars And Private Jet / Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead / Beware Of "A Balanced Message" - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.