Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

His Experience At The 2011 General Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / His Experience At The 2011 General Elections (361 Views)

INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections / How I Was Almost Killed As A Presiding Officer In 2011 General Election. / Protesters Storm INEC Office, Demand Postponement Of General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

His Experience At The 2011 General Elections by Naijasingleguy: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
This is a post by Omoniyi Temitope Mayowa

2011 general elections, I worked as a presiding officer in one of the polling unit in ward 5 in Sapele local government.

I chose not to allow rigging in my polling booth. I was offered money by some thugs to give them ballot papers, i refused.

My polling booth was attacked by thugs…I escaped to the collation center with my result sheet and cancelled the election.

The chairman of Sapele local government popularly called “Atose” threatened to kidnap me and never to be seen again. I narrowly escaped to the INEC office.

He later kidnapped some of my friends, took them to his house, forced them to sign ballot papers and subtly threatened them when they refused to collect the bribe he offered them (my friend collected it and used the money to buy noodles for an orphanage).

My experience as an electoral officer.

http://www.naijasingleguy.com/his-experience-at-the-2011-general-elections/

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Read What Can Stop Buhari From Getting The Victory / Imagine Having Nnpc's Record Available To All Online / Thread To Monitor Elections In Lagos state.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.