Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing (6528 Views)

5 Things You Need To Stop Doing In 2017 / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More / 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
1. Derailing
~ This is a very common vice on this section. You see people just purposely deviate from the subject and main purpose of a thread for no reason.
Some even come in groups, and start "greeting" themselves and discussing about their daily activities not minding what the thread is about.
This can be frustrating for whoever created the thread as well as those who would want to gain a thing or two from the thread.

2. Engaging in E-fights
~ This is another common day to day occurrence on this section.
You have people throwing insults and jabs at one another all in the bid to frustrate or belittle the other person
Some people even go as far as perusing the english lexicograph, looking for "big" words to use trading words with a fellow romancelander
This doesn't just dent the personalities of those engaging in these fights, but it is also deteriorating on the image of romance section as a whole

3. Trolling
~There are some people that have been accredited with this title.
More often than not, you see people just create topics that are totally silly and preposterous, just to gain attention. You see some fabricate cock and bull stories that don't correlate, just in the bid to wrongly convince others

4. Using curse/swear words
~There is a reason why the Nairaland admin censored some words but most of people just evade the censorship by perhaps adding an extra letter or using some punctuation marks or non-english letters.
Please using curse words doesn't tell well on our characters in terms of being civil or well mannered, whether you use it in written or spoken form

5 "Woman wrappering"
~This is demonstrated in various ways. For example you see guys creating threads just to exalt the physical attributes of a female nairalander.
Some notable guys are guilty of this.
You see them create threads just to the emphasize on the size of a ladies mammary glands or her buttocks or just to accentuate on their so called infatuation with her.
Other times you see guys just support a lady on a comment she makes not because she is actually making sense but because he just wants to win her favor.
Come on guys, playing sycophant to a lady only diminishes her perception of your worth

6. Making comments that are of a sexual nature and posting explicit pictures
~Please guys there was a reason why sexuality section was created.
Let's submit ourselves to the law

7. Getting banned and creating another moniker just to announce your return
~Most times you see people just 2-3 mins after they are banned, create a new moniker that bears similarity to the former one just so they can announce to their friends and "haters" that they are back
Although this can be very hilarious at-times but your just have to affirm to the fact that its wrong
Whether the ban received was deserved or not, you shouldn't just create another moniker to announce that your return
It reeks of childishness of a high degree

8. Jumping on threads just to insult the Op or make mockery of the thread
~This is also another annoying thing most romancelanders are guilty of
You see some people just enter a thread and say things like
"Useless thread"
"Op, you need sense"
"Senseless thread"
Or they post a meme that's even says worse things
Its true that some peoples thread can be really aggravating at times, but we can be more constructive in our criticism

9.Insulting the moderators
~ Moderators are here to fulfil there obligations and make sure that everyone in this section adheres to the rules, so its overly wrong to throw insults whether directly or indirectly at a mod just because the person was doing his/her job
The moderators are humans and at times they may be a bit erroneous in their judgements but that shouldn't warrant insults

10.Keeping personal beefs
~This is a faceless forum, so I see no reason why someone will be hating on a fellow nairalander but sadly some are still guilty of this
You see them attacking some people without even being mentioned.
Some directly bash the comments of others just because they have beefs or are not at terms with them

Please guys feel free to add yours

NB: I am also guilty of some of these points.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Cutehector(m): 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
Attention seeker! Dis topic has been created and recreated so many times! Na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
Useless facts. . . Fvcking useless thread.
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2015
This $hitz happens in real world, why not virtual world?

Yes, they are monikers, but it is real people with real emotions with real issues behind them----despite the differing 'personas' people MAY assume.

I have probably violated some of those rules, but there you have it.

Bicker, derail, wrap, sexualize, troll, mock, insult, hate on (hatorade), get banned and jump on the band wagon and do it all over again.

That's life--real or virtual.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by zyzxx(m): 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
Thank GOD you knw you are...
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by PunkyOh(f): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
Space booking or " buying plots". It makes no sense undecided
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by LewisO: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Missclasssy [/size]
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2015
shoro ni yen sha
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
LewisO:
Missclasssy

Yes smiley
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by LewisO: 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
missclasssy:

Yes smiley
[size=14pt] I will be back to read your write-up. smiley wink [/size]
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Fulaboy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
@op all your points are directly or indirectly related all nairalanders undecided how do you expect change in this kind of situation
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by SkinnyDude(m): 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
11:creating attention seeking thread like 'people say i look like like Niki minaj, bla bla bla...

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
rabbash
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by vjsmiles: 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2015
_baseless_
everybody has his reasons for being on this platform.
mind your business and do what you came here to do..

an elixir to success

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by 2dice(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2015
Orijin101:
shoro ni yen sha
oya mi le nu oo
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
2dice:

oya mi le nu oo
wagbayi!!!! wink
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by ireneony(f): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
I don't agree with 7 n 9
missclasssy you're guilty of no.7, ur other moniker is missclassysmiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Samiceman: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
Most importantly, we need to stop creating threads as senseless as this one
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
Missclassy, If u check my post on Disgusting things people to gain popularity on nairaland, u will discover this thread u just created will make people bash u. Saying the truth on this forum is waste of time and energy. I applaud your effort dear.
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
11) Hypocrisy..... op is guilty of every single point made.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
Give me an orijin cry
I've never had it angry

Orijin101:
Infact, i feel lyk derailing this thread!

cc: alberto2k
stephenqueen
fulaboy
chimerase2
kingtom
2dice
valmunich
ipledge

you guyz should join me in diz beer parlor. . . .
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
All these traits you listed are the characters you exhibit @ Op.

You derail with your Daveguy50 acct.
You engage in E-war, troll and seek attention with your seriousbabe acct.
And you have the most monikers on this section. And you have the guts to open this kinda thread! Smh 4 u

10 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
And d guilty niggars re here
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
Hello missclasssy grin

How are you this evening?
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
Lol dnt forget woman wrapping with male moniker. shocked

D1ck:
All these traits you listed are the characters you exhibit @ Op.

You derail with your Daveguy50 acct.
You engage in E-war, troll and seek attention with your seriousbabe acct.
And you have the most monikers on this section. And you have the guts to open this kinda thread! Smh 4 u
Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
ireneony:
I don't agree with 7 n 9
missclasssy you're guilty of no.7, ur other moniker is missclassysmiley

First of all, my missclassy wasn't banned. I deactivated it myself

That's wasn't even what I initially meant. I was expatiating on the fact that some people deliberately create similar looking account to their banned account, just to make fun of those that banned them or those that led to their being banned

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Romancelanders Need To Stop Doing by Exjoker(m): 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
And without these things Nairaland won't be fun again. We must not be serious all the time na. cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Another Ritual Killing In Aba / Itunes Gift Card Buyer / Nairalanders Pls Help My Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.