Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,474 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong (3565 Views)

Why Are Women Unclean From Partaking In Church Activities After Childbirth / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

hw is it terrible?
If u ve taken in ur church u go to ten diffrnt churches for ten day,dats hw u ll be taking
1co11.26.kjv [b]For as often [/b]as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

1co11.26.kjv [b]For as often [/b]as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
ok oh
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

But John clearly told u dt water baptism was his and dt Jesus baptised with d Holy Spirit and with fire.
Why exactly do u think water baptism is necessary for communion?
very necessary Jesus baptised by immersion nd ordered us to tk d gospel around nd baptising dem in d name of d father,son nd holy spirit.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
starlingleanets:
Aren't you a christain dear?
i am nd i knw were n wen to tk it
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

very necessary Jesus baptised by immersion nd ordered us to tk d gospel around nd baptising dem in d name of d father,son nd holy spirit.
Jesus did not tell u to go baptizing ppl in water o. He was talking abt baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus told John dt water baptism was to 'fulfil all righteousness'. What do u think dt meant? It certainly did not mean dt u should be immersed in water b4 communion. The apostles were probably not even baptised, yet they ate bread
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by iliyande(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Jesus did not tell u to go baptizing ppl in water o. He was talking abt baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus told John dt water baptism was to 'fulfil all righteousness'. What do u think dt meant? It certainly did not mean dt u should be immersed in water b4 communion. The apostles were probably not even baptised, yet they ate bread
All the early Christians were baptized. Don't be deceived. Water Baptism is an indication that you have received salvation through JESUS christ, that's Jesus himself was baptized by John in the river. Baptism of water remains criteria for any Christian. When Paul was arrested by Jesus he was directed to be baptized.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
iliyande:

All the early Christians were baptized. Don't be deceived. Water Baptism is an indication that you have received salvation through JESUS christ, that's Jesus himself was baptized by John in the river. Baptism of water remains criteria for any Christian. When Paul was arrested by Jesus he was directed to be baptized.
Baptism doesnt immediately connote water baptism o. Dts y I referred u to John's statement talking abt what Jesus' baptism is all about
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

water baptism is a command dat must be obeyed,if not y did Jesus not skip it since its nt necessary.
Baptism is necessary once u accpt Jesus.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
iliyande:

this is beautiful,i dont knw hez insisting its nt necessary.wen Jesus baptise dat was wen d heavens open,dont joke wid baptism.it cleans u frm ur old life
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Baptism doesnt immediately connote water baptism o. Dts y I referred u to John's statement talking abt what Jesus' baptism is all about
so u tink baptism of d holy spirit comes easily?
It follows due process.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Jesus said baptise them,so if u check d statement it means water baptism cos baptism by d holy spirit can neva be done by anybody.excpt God
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

water baptism is a command dat must be obeyed,if not y did Jesus not skip it since its nt necessary.
Baptism is necessary once u accpt Jesus.
U dont get it, do you? Jesus did not instruct u to go dipping ppl in water. His own baptism is not of water, dts y he did not baptize anyone into water.

mat3.11-12.kjv I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

So y exactly will Christ tell u to keep going into water when he has a different baptism for u?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
blesoh:

this is beautiful,i dont knw hez insisting its nt necessary.wen Jesus baptise dat was wen d heavens open,dont joke wid baptism.it cleans u frm ur old life
So baptism cleaned Jesus up? R u joking?
See John's father was a priest under d law. He was even d High Priest at d time John was conceived so by birth John should be a Levite. John at this point represented d levitical priesthood and d contact in baptism signified a hand-over process (d chang of priesthood to come). Dts y John told Jesus dt it was not necessary for Jesus to be baptized. Jesus, seeing the bigger picture said it was to fulfill all righteousness.
Please dont ever say in public dt baptism purifies u, ok?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
iliyande:

Baptized with the Holy Spirit not water baptism. Get ur facts right
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by iliyande(m): 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

So baptism cleaned Jesus up? R u joking?
See John's father was a priest under d law. He was even d High Priest at d time John was conceived so by birth John should be a Levite. John at this point represented d levitical priesthood and d contact in baptism signified a hand-over process (d chang of priesthood to come). Dts y John told Jesus dt it was not necessary for Jesus to be baptized. Jesus, seeing the bigger picture said it was to fulfill all righteousness.
Please dont ever say in public dt baptism purifies u, ok?

As far as Christianity is concern you are not a Christian except you are baptized. Take it or not. If Jesus himself got himself baptized to illustrate to us the importance of baptism then who are you today arguing with the Jesus doctrine?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 30, 2015
iliyande:

As far as Christianity is concern you are not a Christian except you are baptized. Take it or not. If Jesus himself got himself baptized to illustrate to us the importance of baptism then who are you today arguing with the Jesus doctrine?
Yes. Baptism of the Holy Spirit and not water baptism. John's baptism (water) CANNOT make anyone a Christian. He himself confirmed dt it was d lesser one. Ok how come Jesus did not dip anyone in water?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by iliyande(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Yes. Baptism of the Holy Spirit and not water baptism. John's baptism (water) CANNOT make anyone a Christian. He himself confirmed dt it was d lesser one. Ok how come Jesus did not dip anyone in water?
And what was the instruction given to Paul when he was converted?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2015
iliyande:

Please quote.
I am not saying dt u should not get urself dipped in water. It is just what it is - to fulfill all righteousness. The greater revelation is to be baptised in the Holy Spirit, dts wht Jesus baptizes with
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 11:37am On Apr 10, 2015
iliyande:

baptism by water is very necessary it comes b4 d spirit,dont knw y hez arguing

1 Like

Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by folaski: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Receiving the Holy Communion is supposed to be a free will issue and it is not something you take at will. You must have prepared you mind to receive it. Even regular members of a congregation may decide not to take it due to their lack of spiritual preparedness. So the Pastor need not get angry if he really understood the mystery of this act of worship.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Osakah24(m): 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
evjblizee:
To my own understanding,holy communion is to be taking by those who are holy and rightousley bathised by the name of the father,of the son and of the holy spirit in the river by a reverend father or a pastor' that is when you pass the lecture of batism.if not you just take in a curse. May the lord deliverd us of our ignorance
u are wrong
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by ikorodureporta: 6:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Hw can it be wrong?
It is a communion for crying out loud. Communion is d joining together of minds and spirits. Synonyms are fellowship, partnership, participation, harmony, agreement.
If u could eat d spiritual food with them (d word) wht stops u from feeding on the physical. If u dont agree with their doctrines, fine. But leave out the unnecessary bias

There's a diff btw 'communion' & 'holy communion'.....dnt b deceived. Most of thoz occultic pastors use it as a means of tracking ppl spiritually. You may not undestand d process, bt i tell u, tht so many families are facing d consequence of this action without knowing d source of it...
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2016
ikorodureporta:

There's a diff btw 'communion' & 'holy communion'.....dnt b deceived. Most of thoz occultic pastors use it as a means of tracking ppl spiritually. You may not undestand d process, bt i tell u, tht so many families are facing d consequence of this action without knowing d source of it...

I am in no mood to dumb down dis morning
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by analice107: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
blesoh:

that was my first time there,i dont know anyth about d church.
Is it about the church or about the body of Christ? Are you born again? This is very important. If you are born again it doesnt matter where or wen. You are entitled to take communion. Pentecostal is not Catholic that if one is not a Catholic you don't take communion. Go do a research about communion, what does the Bible say about it. Stop depending on people to tell you Stuff. What does the Bible say?
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by blesoh(f): 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
analice107:

Is it about the church or about the body of Christ? Are you born again? This is very important. If you are born again it doesnt matter where or wen. You are entitled to take communion. Pentecostal is not Catholic that if one is not a Catholic you don't take communion. Go do a research about communion, what does the Bible say about it. Stop depending on people to tell you Stuff. What does the Bible say?
Did you even go through my topic? I guess no. Let me enlighten you. I don't attend this church and as a first timer how do I take communion in such a situation. Do you take it any how as far as its a church without knowing the background, please spare me all the preaching cos I know what the word of God says.
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by analice107: 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Jesus told John dt water baptism was to 'fulfil shouldn't righteousness'. What do u think dt meant? It certainly did not mean dt u should be immersed in water b4 communion. The apostles were probably not even baptised, yet they ate bread
My dear, you lack understanding as to the real reason for Baptism.
For Jesus, it was to fulfill all righteousness, but for you, it's not to fulfilled all righteousness. Let's see what the scripture says.
Romans 6:3. Know ye not, that so many of us as we're baptized INTO Jesus Christ were baptized INTO his death?
Col 2:12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13. And you being dead in your sins, and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he made alive together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses... Let's pause here and peruse these scriptures.
First and foremost. Baptism is a Kind of initiation into Christ. It confirms your membership in the body of Christ.

THEN BEING BABRIZED INTO HIS DEATH. What does this mean? Do you know the state of a sinner? Do you know that as a sinner you are dead? To partake in the blessedness that is in Christ, you must understand what being dead means and what orchestrated it. If you understand it, then you will understand why Christ came and the need for him to die in the first place. When that's done, then you can appreciate what he has done and IDENTIFY with him in his death, which shd actually be your place. This is what it means to be baptized into his death.
What does circumcision mean? Taking away the old that the new may emerge. Cleanliness from the old dirts. Your sins made you dead, your beauty was hidden. A dead person is faced with decay and desolation. No one wants to associate with a corpse. But came down into that grave and pulled you up. RAISED YOU UP, through Baptism.

Have you thought why Jesus went all the way to Jordan to be Baptized in a river? Pick up your Map and check the distance and you will see it wasn't a joke.
When you get emersed INTO, you go down dead in your sins, but when you come up out of that water, you get raised up. Cleansed, your dirt gone, your sins buried and forgiven. You are raise a new man. You come up a member of the body of Christ, which is his church.

A baby can't have the knowledge of sin, will not understand the implication of spiritual deathness. So won't appreciate the finish work of Christ, and cannot identify with his death.

Jesus said, go into the world and make disciples of all MEN, Baptizing them, in the name of the Father, son, and the Holy Ghost.
They can't be Baptized until they are made disciples, and kids can't be disciples.
Who is a disciple? He must understand his duties, and responsibilities. He must know his boundaries. He must recognise who the master is.

@ops, pls read your Bible, the time is very short. The New Age has come up with a name for their religion, The ONE World Religion. It's called OMEGA FAITH. in this Omega Faith, atheist, Satanists, muslims, lesbians, homosexuals, Christians, magicians, occultist, everyone is free to practice his religion. They are brutal in their evangelism. And they are recruiting fast. What does that tell you? Jesus said, when you see the fig tree blossoming then know that the end is near. The signs are too obvious now than before. I don't think i will be so wrong If I say the Antichrist is already born, and is growing somewhere waiting for the Holy Spirit who is hindering him to be removed from the world.

Don't just stand there and be sceptical about Christ and his operations. Pick your Bible now and check things out for yourself.

And as a member of his body you partake of his communion. But again. I will agree with you Ops. I also won't take communion anyhow. I won't take communion in some churches too. Yea
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On May 18, 2023
blesoh:
■ We were invited for an evening program.when we got there the pastor was preaching after that,he said its time for communion. they shared it round,the pastor asked us why we are not partaking,my husband told him we are first timers but the pastor said it doesnt matter and insist we take it, but we refuse. A lady also refuse that she is a first timer too,the pastor got angry. Please i want to know if its right or wrong.
To fully partake in the eternal covenant that is Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ taught His followers that one is required to eat of the body and drink the blood of Jesus Christ - John 6 vs 40 - 57. And clearly, once you sign your soul over to the covenant, there is no going back and the eternal end for those who upon receiving eternal life refuse to obey the fine print of God's Law is eternal damnation. So, it is not OK to eat the last supper in ignorance as the cost to one's soul may be eternal. undecided

You and your husband did no wrong! Sadly, many ignorantly eat without first understanding that they are likely sealing their fates for eternal damnation by that ritual. undecided
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On May 19, 2023
evjblizee:
■ To my own understanding,holy communion is to be taking by those who are holy and rightousley bathised by the name of the father,of the son and of the holy spirit in the river by a reverend father or a pastor' that is when you pass the lecture of batism.if not you just take in a curse. May the lord deliverd us of our ignorance
This is not true at all! Rather, you are meant to eat the Last supper as part of the process of becoming born-again as it represents your signing of the contract that is Eternity in the Kingdom of God. In John 6 vs 25 - 59, Jesus Christ took time to explain that those who do not eat of His body and drink of His blood do not have a real life. So, one of the requirements necessary for those who are newly born-again or about to be is to eat His body and drink His blood as part of the sealing of the deal. undecided
47 “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48 I am the bread that gives life.
49 Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50 Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52 Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53 Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54 Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55 My body is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
57 “The Father sent me. He lives, and I live because of him. So everyone who eats me will live because of me.
58 I am not like the bread that your ancestors ate. They ate that bread, but they still died. I am the bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever.” - John 6 vs 47 - 58
Re: New Comer Partaking In Communion Right Or Wrong by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On May 23, 2023
iliyande:
■ This can be of help to you. Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
It doesn't help. Jesus Christ said that His followers — those already born-again— each the last supper in remembrance of Him. He never said that only those of them who are without sin should partake in it. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" / Nairaland "Atheists". This Message Is For You. / Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.