Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Help With Error Codes On Camry 2002-2006 I4 Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Error Codes On Camry 2002-2006 I4 Engine (1498 Views)

Help With These Codes On Tokumbo Toyota Camry 2017.. / Interprete Your Scan Codes On This Site. / Check Sign On Camry Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Error Codes On Camry 2002-2006 I4 Engine by nurey(m): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2015
Today I helped a friend scan his big daddy and what codes I found are p0141 and p1135, find attached the error codes and what the scanner pointed to, also I need to know where the sensor is located.

Cc gazzuzz, lomomike, siena, decotech et al. Thanks

Re: Help With Error Codes On Camry 2002-2006 I4 Engine by autofixng: 10:59am On Mar 29, 2015
P0141 is either heater circuit is open or short or the heater of the O2 sensor is faulty.

Check the sensor heater if faulty then replace, if not faulty then trace fault on circuit.

The sensor is located on the exhaust manifold at the front of the engine.

P1131: Air fuel sensor heater circuit malfunction.

The two codes are pointing to one issue. So the above procedure should be adopted in resolving it.

Call for further information or if need be to visit our shop

nurey:
Today I helped a friend scan his big daddy and what codes I found are p0141 and p1135, find attached the error codes and what the scanner pointed to, also I need to know where the sensor is located.
Re: Help With Error Codes On Camry 2002-2006 I4 Engine by nurey(m): 11:48am On Mar 29, 2015
autofixng:
P0141 is either heater circuit is open or short or the heater of the O2 sensor is faulty.

Check the sensor heater if faulty then replace, if not faulty then trace fault on circuit.

The sensor is located on the exhaust manifold at the front of the engine.

P1131: Air fuel sensor heater circuit malfunction.

The two codes are pointing to one issue. So the above procedure should be adopted in resolving it.

Call for further information or if need be to visit our shop

Ok thanks, following the exhaust manifold, I noticed the second sensor located exactly under the pulley system has its connector bolted to the chassis where the engine is mounted the connector to a plug like thing is gone, only the wire is there but no socket. The wire that it is suppose to be connected to is intact. I would love to take pix but the whole place is tight and messy.

1 Like

Re: Help With Error Codes On Camry 2002-2006 I4 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:52am On Mar 29, 2015
nurey:

Its all pointing to the AF sensor in bank 1 sensor 2, have it replaced if bad.

If you recently had your exhaust worked on check the harness.

2 options available, replace with brand new roughly 30k or toks 10k (if sensor needs replacement.
Re: Help With Error Codes On Camry 2002-2006 I4 Engine by DECOtech(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
nurey:

Gazzuzz has answered you very well

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Sound BMW E34 5.35i Engine / In Need Of A Driving School In Lagos / Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.