Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,047 members, 7,852,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

What Is A Blog And Why Are They So Popular? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is A Blog And Why Are They So Popular? (453 Views)

Free Tutorial On How To Create A Blog And Make Money / How To Make Money From A Blog. A Guide / How To Design A Blog Even If You Have No Experience For Free (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Blog And Why Are They So Popular? by Kangol99(m): 1:40am On Mar 30, 2015
Welcome,
Today we are going to be looking at something important, We are going to know some basic things about Blog and Website. As a young Blogger, i use to ask myself & people around me these questions.What is a Blog? What is a website? Does these two terms mean the same thing? What is the difference between the two? Which one is better and series of questions like that, until i got the perfect answer from a Pro.
Sit back and relax as we explore this context as we read an interview with this great expert.
Who is he?
He is a Professional Blogger that has made more than $30,000 from Entrepreneurs-journey.com in a single month. He is a famous Blogger, a person i respected so much and i have learn so much from. He is no other person but Yaro Starak.
No time to waste, lets go straight to the point.

Presenter: Yaro Starak, What is Blog and Why are they so popular?

This was his Answer.

Everyone has a different opinion of how to explain what a blog is. I like to explain what a blog is by contrasting it to a “normal” website, since essentially a blog is a website (so there you go, that’s all a blog really is – a website). Blogs are websites with a few very key differences, namely:

1. Articles are listed in chronological order with the newest article at the top

This is a very consistent element of every blog I have ever come across. Articles are listed with a title followed by the body content, starting at the top of the page with the most recently published article followed by the next most recent, and so on.
This format is a legacy of the “journaling” aspect of blogging. The term blog is derived from “weblog” which essentially means online diary or journal. Diaries have entries made by date and that is how blog posts work too. An important point to make, despite the journalistic style history, is that blogs today are not all diaries and are not only about the personal lives of the authors.
Some blogs still are the thoughts of one author – my blog is, but I don’t talk about my cat or what I had for breakfast. I stay on my chosen topics, Internet business and blogging, and people who are interested in those two topics come to read my blog.
Blogs today can be about any subject, written by one or many authors and certainly are not all personal diaries. Personal reflection, opinion and tone all have a place in blogs, but that doesn’t affect the breadth or scope of topics covered. Continue reading....https://younginfopreneurs./2015/03/25/what-is-a-blog-and-why-are-they-so-popular/

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why I Think You Should Start Your Own Business / Get Ur Email Database / A Logistics/Courier Service Comapny want to Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.