Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. (783 Views)

Tboss: 'I Was On My Period When Kemen Touched Me' / 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Exodus: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by Eberex(m): 10:05am On Mar 30, 2015
I saw this movie just of recent and i was disappointed truly.

First i was hoping to see a different version of ''The ten commandment'' or better still see a very high taste of Effect from the plagues. For instance the plagues themselves are of a different nature (crocodiles, for example), and the Israelites were afflicted by the plagues along with the Egyptians.

Why make a movie if it contradict what is in the Bible?

Before the film's release, some controversy arose over statements from Ridley Scott that he would be looking to natural causes for the miracles, including drainage from a tsunami for the parting of the Red Sea. Can you see, even the producer is not a believer.

I'm waiting to see another movie of Moses where i can sit and enjoy the very best of 3D technology effects.

If you have seen the movie, what is your take on it?
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by delishpot: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2015
The producers of most mivies are affiliated with satan worship. They are in it for the money and to confuse people. Esp those who dont know much about the bible or those who are stubborn and puck only veraes and chapters as it benefits them.
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by delishpot: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2015
The producers of most movies are affiliated with satan worship. They are in it for the money and to confuse people. Esp those who dont know much about the bible or those who are stubborn and puck only veraes and chapters as it benefits them.
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by Eberex(m): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2015
delishpot:
The producers of most movies are affiliated with satan worship. They are in it for the money and to confuse people. Esp those who dont know much about the bible or those who are stubborn and puck only veraes and chapters as it benefits them.

You are on point there
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2015
So after seeing NOAH by Darren Aronofsky u still think hollywood is interested in adapting bible stories as dey r? undecided
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by Eberex(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2015
shockwave91:
So after seeing NOAH by Darren Aronofsky u still think hollywood is interested in adapting bible stories as dey r? undecided

Well i prefer they stick to Persian and old greek movies, than coming up with crazy ideas all because they want to make a remix or what? All because of tech? hell no!

I still prefer the old ''Ten commandments'' to this junk
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2015
@Eberex dude even dose persian & greek movies r not historically accurate.
Directors jst use d bible stories as inspiration 4 dier own. Dnt get too feisty smiley
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by Eberex(m): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2015
shockwave91:
@Eberex dude even dose persian & greek movies r not historically accurate.
Directors jst use d bible stories as inspiration 4 dier own. Dnt get too feisty smiley

Com'on! take a look at Noah for instance. What crazy imagination would come up with the idea that angels are rocky dudes? I'll call that one crazy. They are making it look less human for crying out loud. I believe the essence of making such movie is to make us more believers in our faith than introducing elements that are not even close to what we believe in.
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2015
@eberex lol. Yeah noah was pure dogsh*t!
But 4 me i think lyk novel & comic book adaptations if pple want d real story dey can go read d bible.
Re: I Was Disappointed By The Movie Exodus: Gods And Kings. by morsadh(m): 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2015
Eberex:

Well i prefer they stick to Persian and old greek movies, than coming up with crazy ideas all because they want to make a remix or what? All because of tech? hell no!

I still prefer the old ''Ten commandments'' to this junk
The Ten Commandments is a huge classic. Timeless.

(1) (Reply)

David Oyelowo Will Become First Black Actor To Voice James Bond / “Arrow” Season 4: Everything You Need To Know About The New Season / Throwback Movie: Can You Remember What Transpired In This Scene?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.