Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States (3616 Views)

INEC Officer Bleeds From Head As He Announces Election Results In Rivers / FG To Cut 2016 Budget, Increase Debt Ratio / Live Presidential Coaliation Going On @ Channels Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2015
While looking at the numbers just released by INEC so far, Enugu stood out for recording a ratio of 39 GEJ votes for every GMB vote cast.
The SE and SS states stand out from the rest of the country in the INEC released data.

I will update this sheet as INEC releases the results. My feel is that anything at or above a ratio of 1 : 15 (whether in favour of GEJ or GMB) should be scrutinised (flagged in red font) for authenticity.

Any calculation errors are mine

3 Likes

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by CORTANA: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
Paranoid
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by abbeycial: 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2015
leave dem..d thunder wey go burn pdp scrotum is still doing road work.

5 Likes

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2015
#teampdp
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2015
Mods, kindly mark this post because this is an example of the kind of analysis we should be looking at to understand this year's elections results.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

5 Likes

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by oweniwe(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2015
I'm even surprised buhari got 14k votes in enugu....

wat about pdp that got nothing in kano, katsina and oda northern states,? na rigging too?

op abeg go sleep tongue

3 Likes

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2015
oweniwe:
I'm even surprised buhari got 14k votes in enugu....

wat about pdp that got nothing in kano, katsina and oda northern states,? na rigging too?

op abeg go sleep tongue

That is not true. The unofficial results for Kano 1.9M for GMB to 200k for GEJ; and Katsina 1.7M to 98K are not in the ratio that we are seeing from Enugu (officially) and Rivers (unoffically).

I am waiting for the official numbers to complete this analysis. It is clear and transparent.

3 Likes

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by noskeybaba: 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2015
OP have you personally been to anywhere in the east to survey? No typical easterner will vote for APC. I'm even surprised they got up to 14k.
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2015
Updated with Kano, Jigawa, Katsina, Kwara numbers
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2015
So far, it is 4.2M GEJ to 7.6M GMB.

A ratio of greater than 1 : 4 means the 25% is not reached by the losing candidate.
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by ALAYORMII: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2015
The SE states are standing out from the results released so far like a sore thumb with humongous ratios!

1 Like

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by Dollarjunkie: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2015
LRNZH:
My feel is that anything at or above a ratio of 1 : 15 (whether in favour of GEJ or GMB) should be scrutinised (flagged in red font) for authenticity.

And this "your feel" is by which people standard Standard from your village or standard that favours APC?

My feel is that anything above 1:1.5 should be scrutinized and cancelled for massive rigging.

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2015
Dollarjunkie:

And this "your feel" is by which people standard Standard from your village or standard that favours APC?

My feel is that anything above 1:1.5 should be scrutinized and cancelled for massive rigging.

Do you understand what a ratio of 1:15 in this context mean?

For every one vote by one candidate the other gets 15 votes. In Enugu State, every GMB vote got almost 40 votes for GEJ . Even Katsina (GMB's home state) could not replicate anything similar to this.

Your 1:1.5 is not a logical cut off my friend. You need to sit-up and stop arguing for argument sake.

You should see the movie- The Imitation Game on Alan Turing and The Enigma. It (amongst other themes), highlights how statistics could flag unrealistic outcomes.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
Back to the grind. INEC is back. Starting with Akwa-Ibom.
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by Dollarjunkie: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2015
LRNZH:

Do you understand what a ratio of 1:15 in this context mean?

For every one vote by one candidate the other gets 15 votes. In Enugu State, every GMB vote got almost 40 votes for GEJ . Even Katsina (GMB's home state) could not replicate anything similar to this.

Your 1:1.5 is not a logical cut off my friend. You need to sit-up and stop arguing for argument sake.

You should see the movie- The Imitation Game on Alan Turing and The Enigma. It (amongst other themes), highlights how statistics could flag unrealistic outcomes.

If you want to teach me mathematics start from differentiation and integration man.
Why did u choose 1:15? Why not 1:5 or 1:7?
Oh! Cuz you know Kano and Jigawa dem votes will be affected with that
I don't watch movies, I read. Recommend books for me either.

1 Like

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2015
Dollarjunkie:

If you want to teach me mathematics start from differentiation and integration man.
Why did u choose 1:15? Why not 1:5 or 1:7?
Oh! Cuz you know Kano and Jigawa dem votes will be affected with that
I don't watch movies, I read. Recommend books for me either.

The argument here is what cut-off to use.

1. I have not seen these results before picking 1:15 especially that of Kano and Katsina.
2. Instead of you to note and comment on the generally very high ratios in the SE, you are busy arguing about differentiation and integration. How is that pertinent to the discussion we are having here?
3. Imo is a state that does not flag off on this list. Am i biased with Imo?

I expect you to be more objective than the tantrums you are throwing.

3 Likes

Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
Imo and Plateau added.
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2015
That's all for today.

More results will be released tomorrow Tuesday, March 31, 2015

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obiniscopy, OAM4J
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by Etizz: 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2015
Not my biz...
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 5:13am On Mar 31, 2015
Etizz:
Not my biz...

Haha ... We are freedom fighters.
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by TonySpike: 7:05am On Mar 31, 2015
I love statistics sha. This is a very valid analysis...
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by Etizz: 7:26am On Mar 31, 2015
LRNZH:

Haha ... We are freedom fighters.

I like your concern, but sir, I really don't like neither Buhari or Jonathan......
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by LRNZH(m): 8:10am On Mar 31, 2015
Etizz:

I like your concern, but sir, I really don't like neither Buhari or Jonathan......

You may not care about Nigerian politics but the outcomes of the happenings in it will impact you or you family. You better get enlightened and educate yourself.
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by Etizz: 8:12am On Mar 31, 2015
LRNZH:

You may not care about Nigerian politics but the outcomes of the happenings in it will impact you or you family. You better get enlightened and educate yourself.

It will take you time to understand....... Thanks anyway,
Re: LIVE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS-Ratio Analysis Show Potentially Rigged States by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 31, 2015
Very educative and logical. I don't need an angel to tell me there is mass rigging in se and ss. The results of this election should be thorough scrutinize after buhari is declared winner. I really love my people(hausa) for being truthful and honest. There is no minutes of rigging carried out in any Northern state. God is surely always behind the honest one.

(1) (Reply)

NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage / BREAKING NEWS: Central Bank Governor Reverts Cashless Policy / Now Buhari Have Fumbled "Technically" On Fight Against Boko Haram. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.