Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

The South Failed Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South Failed Jonathan (7948 Views)

Why Obasanjo’s Third Term Bid Failed. Jonathan / Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan (SUMMARIZED) / Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by MeandSum: 4:17am On Mar 31, 2015
thewarrior72:

Fool stop ranting & writing endless epistles, why didn't your so called Southwest vote out obj in his second term, if u slaves don't vote along tribal & religious line? or did obj performed better than GEJ, tell the furumites that state in Southwest that obj lost in his second term bid?

so said the idio t typing from his smartphone( proberbly from somewhere in Lagos or Abuja). Why didnt you stay in your village? The only slave here is you dishonorable sir .

2 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 31, 2015
fallout87:
It wasn't the south, it was the southwest. Who is surprised we went and choose the fulani over the Ijaw? I'm not. We always pick northerns.

It is sad and disgusting but it is the reality.

No excuses. I kind of hope the south south remembers this and punishes us the next time we need their help or votes.
The South west must have a good reason for voting GMB shey. The same southwest voted en-mass for GEJ in 2011. The same SW fought for him when Turai was dealing with him in Abuja. The same southwest have Ijaw brothers in Ondo. So GEJ needs to search within himself where he went wrong. I like his personality but he made so many unforgivable blunders in his administration. After all, he doesn't give a damn.

4 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:49am On Mar 31, 2015
Sanchez01:

We will not punish anyone. As far elections are concerned the SS is still a learner and GEJ has successfully soiled our once blooming political career. It would take a while to see someone from my beloved SS get near, let alone hold a sensitive position in Nigeria. The 'Na our oil" mentality has blinded us and it made people vote against us. I voted against Jonathan and I don't regret doing so. For me, I have attained the highest level of consciousness an electorate would likely possess. I have moved beyond sentiments to doing what I believe is right. For now, the answer does not rest with the SS.

If the South-South brings up a credible leader that can continue lifting this nation, people from all parts of the country will vote him.

3 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 31, 2015
asids55:

mumu..the only achievement obj had, which was in the communication sector out classes what that senseless man from otuoke did..not to forget the debts he also paid
Thank you jare. He actually had more than one achievement. During OBJ's tenure, I and most of my friends had jobs before we left university. He created something called the middle class in Nigeria. It was that good that some of my egbons (senior graduating class before me), I and my friends had multiple job offers from top notch companies like Accenture, Zenith Bank and the rest. Atleast, I remember OBJ for that. Infact, companies were coming to OAU to conduct aptitude test and recruitment in our final year.
I remember one of my friends calling his dad on phone to tell him he got a job with zenith bank and his dad replied him that an offer letter was also waiting for him at home from Cadbury. I don't think that is possible these days.

3 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by luvmijeje(f): 4:55am On Mar 31, 2015
It's the other way round..... Jonathan failed the South...... Jonathan failed Nigeria... Which lead to Nigerians failing him at the poll.

2 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by ignis: 5:03am On Mar 31, 2015
MIKOLOWISKA:
You mean jonathan failed the south
Jonathan did not only fail the south. He failed the entire Nigeria.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Caveatemptor(m): 5:25am On Mar 31, 2015
Jonathan was a monumental failure as a president. Full stop.
He wasted six years of this country's life doing nothing practically,except condone corruption by himself,his wife and his cronies.
When those poor girls from Chibook were kidnapped by those raging loonies called Boko Haram,Jonathan came across as an unconcerned president,he behaved as ifit wasn't his problem. When the insurgents were carving out a kingdom from this country,our incompetent president acted as if it was not his problem but the problem of the North.
All the while this clue less man was being egged on by the band of corrupt aides surrounding him,who kept on deceiving him.
Well it ispay back time. No one is gonna reward incompetence with another term in office. General Buhari should learn from this. We voted for you butif you do not perform Nigerians will vote you out in four years time. That is the beauty of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by mumu9gerian: 6:20am On Mar 31, 2015
Jonathan still misunderatands what corruption is and didnt know it was gonna underminr him,his wife and cronies never helped him.Im happy he seems on his way out.
Apc isn't even the winner ,Democracy is Nigeria has won.
Apc fumble and in the next 4yrs same fate that is befalling PDP will befall u.

2 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by ugojamali(m): 6:32am On Mar 31, 2015
Mcbussy:

This is what a lot of SS and most Igbos will never reckon with. To them,everything is about ethnic and religious ties.

The so called Hausa's they class as illiterates can read between d lines and see that this country needs a change in leadership.

Not that I believe GMB is better,but atleast,I believe there shouldn't be a 2nd term reward for failure. If GMB doesn't act well in his 1st term,I'll definitely be among d ones that would strive to vote him out.

At this stage of our democracy,we should be focused on finding a worthy leader,rather than voting in our brothers and church/mosques members.

I agree with you but this thread is not about voting along ethnic and religious lines. It's about coming to vote. I do not support the ethnic voting. I support voting for a candidate for a reason be it personal or otherwise.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by ugojamali(m): 6:35am On Mar 31, 2015
superstar1:

Idiota, Nigerian Slave, always facing south whenever sensible people are facing the ideal place.

Your gully eroded land cannot even produce a President and keep wallowing in that abject reality of the 5th class citizen of Nigeria that you are.

SS has produced GEJ, for once in your miserable Biafra inclined shallow minds, produce one reasonable President. For your information, it CAN and WILL NEVER HAPPEN. You are all born to keep serving us. That is the reward of being conquered in your daft and senseless insurrection against the state.

We voted OBJ because we could see what he was doing and we were fair in our objectivity of him. We never voted him in his first tenure. We were also fair to GEJ and we gave him 2 full years notice, but the people from the akpu filled chest beating ethnic group were deceiving him, why they were disgracing, tainting and rubbishing his govt. What a useless and worthless pillar you guys are to Jonah's govt. Despite all your rigging, you could not save him.

With due respect to sensible igbos, but to m0rons like you that are coconut heads, you are a buffon from the pit of hell.

Were omo ti o niran, omo lasan ekeji aja.

I have over tolerated your stup1dity, unfortunately for you I have your time tonight.

Wallahi e no go beta for you up to your 7th generation. Na sapona go consume you. U dey craze.

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Moblord(m): 7:14am On Mar 31, 2015
His vice is our own na
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by slybe: 7:18am On Mar 31, 2015
boladeen:

U dull die. So wats dia take now? Mayb u dnt knw dat anoda generations are coming. D oil cannot continue to flow forever. Don't surfer ur next generation. Nigeria is one
Abeg let me be, you guys used propaganda to destroy this government just because you personally hate the man and you want to start preaching for me. Thank God you know that some certain people vow to make his government ungovernable. Retaliation sometimes is very sweet.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by cy4cent(f): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2015
mikeansy:
GEJ failed himself

He should have won in court!

Buhari is not eligible!

This election was supposed to be a walkover after disqualifying Buhari in courts

Ain't you ashamed of your statement ?? go back and read it!!! he should have made sure they

disqualified buhari so the election will be a walk over

whatever happened to fighting like a man?

you are looking for the easy way out,

it is people like you that go to special centres for exam

malpractice, cos you can't read like your mates, looking for the easiest way out!!!!!!
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by superstar1(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2015
U
thewarrior72:
And the endless ranting continues. In ur daft & moronic reasoning u did not realised that igbos has produced the president of this country before?, well, I don't expect a slave who has been in perpetual servitude to know anything beyond running errand for his slave masters.
How sad for a supposedly/acclaimed educated & surphiscated tribe to remained perpetual slaves to crass, illiterate, ignorant & savagery abokii fulani, damn, this must have been a curse from Afonja the coward to his offspring..........Oh what a cowardice tribe, it sulks to a yoroooba.

I was expecting your below par and malfunctioning cerebral response. The brainless, tactless chest beating cannibalistic baby factory kidnapping crime infested dubious slavery and Cain ethnic tribe of yours should go back and reclaim your houses took over by minority tribes in Port harcourt, your towns renamed as well as your streets.

You produced a tea drinking president that was just a figure head without any power than to be inspecting ceremonial guards every morning. That was the best your best could achieve. Showed how useless you are. No wonder you dared to kill the leaders of other regions and left your own, in your usual clannish move. The next thing was they carried cutlass to face SMGs. Daft group of people. 3million was sacrificed to Amadioha just for fun and this useless brat is here making noise. Conquered slaves of ours. You will forever be our slaves.

The next worst thing, after Satan, on planet earth is being a y1bo. Good for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by ugojamali(m): 8:26am On Mar 31, 2015
superstar1:
U

The next worst thing, after Satan, on planet earth is being a Igbo. Good for nothing.

Full of hate, bigotry and tribal. People like you are dragging Nigeria back to the dark ages. You do not belong in Nigeria. You belong in genocidal Rwanda, Somalia, ISIS Iraq, Lybia, Afghanistan, North Korea or Hitler's Germany.

For Nigeria to progress, we need to do away with people like you. Therefore do the needful and banish yourself to those countries I mentioned.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 31, 2015
Jenams:
abia state fcck up sha... 1.3 million reg voters but 4hundred thousand plus accredited for votin. very very poor.
Politics is second to religion for an average northern man, they can defy anything just to exercise their civic right. I can't say same for my brothers from the east who should know better than the 'a.boki'

1 Like

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by superstar1(m): 8:35am On Mar 31, 2015
ugojamali:

Full of hate, bigotry and tribal. People like you are dragging Nigeria back to the dark ages. You do not belong in Nigeria. You belong in genocidal Rwanda, Somalia, ISIS Iraq, Lybia, Afghanistan, North Korea or Hitler's Germany.

For Nigeria to progress, we need to do away with people like you. Therefore do the needful and banish yourself to those countries I mentioned.

Keep your mouth shut and shut up.

Where were you when he attacked me and yorubas first. I should be looking at him? Hypocrisy of the highest order. If you do not like it, you will banish yourself to Biafra all over again.

Respect yourself and do not start what you cannot finish.

The id1ot I am responding to knows and he is not a novice in this game, if you are, back off. You can bring it on if you are up to it.

2 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:36am On Mar 31, 2015
ignis:

Jonathan did not only fail the south. He failed the entire Nigeria.
Abi o
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by ugojamali(m): 8:41am On Mar 31, 2015
superstar1:

Keep your mouth shut and shut up.

Where were you when he attacked me and yorubas first. I should be looking at him? Hypocrisy of the highest order. If you do not like it, you will banish yourself to Biafra all over again.

Respect yourself and do not start what you cannot finish.

The id1ot I am responding to knows is not a novice in this game, if you are, back off. You can bring it on if you are up to it.

I do not engage in e fights as it is not my idea of fun. And I may apologize for being too harsh. True he called your tribe a slave tribe. True he insulted your tribe first. But that should not drive you so insane as to call the Igbo tribe devilish. There are far worse evils in this world than the igbos and yorubas. Boko haram is one. ISIS is one. North Korea is one.

If you like insult him all you want but don't go down to the level of spewing murderous hate against a tribe. I believe you voted for change. You want change. Why don't you be the change instead of dragging us down to the level of animals.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Pataki: 8:44am On Mar 31, 2015
Whomever sold the idea of spending raw dollars to GEJ should be jailed. That was the most stupid move you can ever make to win SW votes.

Now I am hearing that the security contract awarded to Gani Adams has been revoked immediately by GEJ. Shows this dude was ready to sell Nigeria for the highest bidder.

I hope he will rot in jail soonest.

1 Like

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by SirShymexx: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2015
Lmao at fictitious South.

GEJ never even ruled as a Southerner with Southern solidarity - apart from being a disaster as a leader lol.

2 Likes

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2015
THE IMMINENT FALL OF JONATHAN: If Buhari sacks Jonathan, the truth is that he, Jonathan and his wife, failed themselves. They took Nigerians for granted and behaved as if the presidency were their personal and permanent property. Simply put, they were power drunk. Those Jona chose as his close friends misled and destroyed him. The lesson those who either occupy or seek to occupy public office) should learn from Jona's fall is that power is transient. Those who hold the masterkey to real power are the people. Don't mess with them. Jona will change in his next life if he ever gets the opportunity to rise to be president. - but I doubt he will.

1 Like

Re: The South Failed Jonathan by ugojamali(m): 9:05am On Mar 31, 2015
Okonikott:
THE IMMINENT FALL OF JONATHAN: If Buhari sacks Jonathan, the truth is that he, Jonathan and his wife, failed themselves. They took Nigerians for granted and behaved as if the presidency were their personal and permanent property. Simply put, they were power drunk. Those Jona chose as his close friends misled and destroyed him. The lesson those who either occupy or seek to occupy public office) should learn from Jona's fall is that power is transient. Those who hold the masterkey to real power are the people. Don't mess with them. Jona will change in his next life if he ever gets the opportunity to rise to be president. - but I doubt he will.

Those who hold the master key to real power are the people. I love that.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by superstar1(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2015
ugojamali:

I do not engage in e fights as it is not my idea of fun. And I may apologize for being too harsh. True he called your tribe a slave tribe. True he insulted your tribe first. But that should not drive you so insane as to call the Igbo tribe devilish. There are far worse evils in this world than the igbos and yorubas. Boko haram is one. ISIS is one. North Korea is one.

If you like insult him all you want but don't go down to the level of spewing murderous hate against a tribe. I believe you voted for change. You want change. Why don't you be the change instead of dragging us down to the level of animals.

If he stopped at personal attacks I would have stopped there. He knows the rule of the game very well more than that.

Apologies to sane Igbos like you, but to all those that fall into the category of that mad id1ot, I have not a single iota of apologies.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Blankstare(m): 9:42am On Mar 31, 2015
In the spirit of fair play, i would have love jona to have a second stint but his weak,lack cogent ideas to tackle our fundamental problems and morever is very aloof to the spiralling corruption in the land. Jona isn't street smart @ all,kinda felt sorry for his kinmen.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2015
The ibos in his government made him see Yorubas as the enemy and Gej has paid dearly for it. Gej had the opportunity to unite the south but he fvcked up when he allowed the ibo politicians insulted the Yorubas through him. Sorry Gej.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by ugojamali(m): 11:06am On Mar 31, 2015
harde2lah:
The ibos in his government made him see Yorubas as the enemy and Gej has paid dearly for it. Gej had the opportunity to unite the south but he fvcked up when he allowed the ibo politicians insulted the Yorubas through him. Sorry Gej.

How did the igbo's in government do that? Please educate us.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Gbawe: 11:12am On Mar 31, 2015
fallout87:
It wasn't the south, it was the southwest. Who is surprised we went and choose the fulani over the Ijaw? I'm not. We always pick northerns.

It is sad and disgusting but it is the reality.

No excuses. I kind of hope the south south remembers this and punishes us the next time we need their help or votes.

Why are you people such mean-spirited losers and shamelessly hateful liars always looking to indict the Yorubas of wrong doing? How is your " We always pick northerns" lie stand the test of fact which is that Jonathan won 5 out of six SW States in 2011? Buhari did not even win a single SW State !!! You guys should endeavour to be more like the Yorubas who consistently try to support good leaders and reject bad ones. This is what has happened with GEJ so take your disgusting lies and nauseating self-deceit elsewhere.
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by Gbawe: 11:14am On Mar 31, 2015
SirShymexx:
Lmao at fictitious South.

GEJ never even ruled as a Southerner with Southern solidarity - apart from being a disaster as a leader lol.

Geezer, you seen this ? We told the arrogant tw1t he is an ignoramus of the highest order. The coward has now gone into hiding cool cool cool cool cool cool

https://www.nairaland.com/2199084/beyond-propaganda-president-jonathan-favored/16#32173234
Re: The South Failed Jonathan by adconline(m): 4:29am On Apr 02, 2015
ibotjaycob:

Then and now my brother, there's a big difference. .People are smarter now, Obj rigged elections massively. Votes count now.
Not much, OBJ lost in his ward, town,local govt, and state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zulum: Boko Haram May Be Child’s Play If Nigeria Allows ISWAP Fighters Grow / Court Affirms Jurisdiction To Try Rickey Tarfa, Trial Commences May 20 / Look Within For Forgers Of INEC Statement’, Labour Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.