Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,903 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 (641 Views)

Full List Of Elected Governors In Nigeria 2015-2019 / What To Expect From President Muhammadu Buhari Between 2015 - 2019. Part 1 / We Give Goodluck Jonathan 2015 – 2019 As Valentine Gift - Chief Onyewenu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 by ChrisOD: 12:59am On Mar 31, 2015
Now that Buhari appears (note I wrote appears, as he is not yet declared) to be the president in waiting, what are your expectations of him? What are the things he needs to pursue speedily?

For me they include:

1. Security
2. Electricity
3. Fight against corruption (unfortunately, here he will likely fail woefully because he has big thieves such as Tinubu, Fasola and Amechi as his pointsmen)
4. Jobs
5. Electoral reforms - Nigerians in diaspora should be able to vote. Nigeria is the only major country where citizens abroad cannot vote
6. Internal electoral reform- Nigeria-based registered voters should be able to vote in places where they were not physically registered. The current system is disadvantageous to southerners who always flee the volatile North during each election cycle where north-south competition is involved. In the current election, I believe millions of registered Igbos could not vote because they fled the North for fear of the activity of Boko Haram and other northern miscreants, should GMB lose
7. Education reform
8. Health sector reform
9. Agriculture - GMB must not go back on the reforms that GEJ has put in place in this area and Nigeria must continue on the path to self sufficiency in food production.
10. Transport - the rail and airport systems must continue to be improved
Re: President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 by ChrisOD: 12:59am On Mar 31, 2015
If he fails in these areas and others, what would you do to him? Are you willing to kick him out of Aso Rock in 2019 or will you allow primordial (ethnic and religious) sentiments to becloud your judgement?
Re: President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 by ChrisOD: 1:09am On Mar 31, 2015
The seeming loss of GEJ, if anything, has proven to everyone that the incumbent can lose, even in Nigeria. If indeed GMB wins, it is a strong signal to our leaders that they are not invincible after all. GMB should better hit the road running, or else in 2019 he will be sent packing as well.
Re: President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 by Raxxye(m): 1:11am On Mar 31, 2015
Good
Re: President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 by Raxxye(m): 1:18am On Mar 31, 2015
ChrisOD:
The seeming loss of GEJ, if anything, has proven to everyone that the incumbent can lose, even in Nigeria. If indeed GMB wins, it is a strong signal to our leaders that they are not invincible after all. GMB should better hit the road running, or else in 2019 he will be sent packing as well.
What it means for me is that Jonathan is a real gentleman and a true democrat who would not want to hang unto power at all cost. He just won more of my respect and love. He is in the class of Nelson Mandela and the likes!
He has also set a good precedent for other leaders to follow. He promised a free and fair election, and never to interfere...and he kept his words!
Re: President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 by ChrisOD: 1:20am On Mar 31, 2015
Raxxye:

What it means for me is that Jonathan is a real gentleman a true democrat who would not want to hang unto power at all cost. He just won more of my respect and love. He is in the class of Nelson Mandela and the likes!
He had also set a good precedent for other leaders to follow. He promised a free and fair election, and never to interfere...and he kept his words!

Correct, and if ever he presents himself as a president in the future, he would be very welcome. He is indeed a gentlemen
Re: President Buhari And My Top-10 Expectations For 2015-2019 by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 31, 2015
No 3 solution: Appoint tinubu NGR permanent rep to d UN, Fashola minister for foreign affairs.Amaechi Nigeria ambassador tO austarlia/ New Zealand(very far country), that way they are permanently away from d country so less thief thief

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE!! Buhari Dances Shoki With His Daughter, Zahra After Winning The Pr / The Biggest Losers In The 2015 Presidential And National Assembly Elections / Please Describe This Man In One Word.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.