Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News (1421 Views)

President Buhari Postpones Dinner With Lawmakers For Fear Of Boycott- Punch News / Gulak Declares Himself PDP Chairman - Punch News / Suswam Loses Bid To Stop Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by Soloter(m): 4:23am On Mar 31, 2015
In Benue, Suswam was defeated by
incumbent Senator, Chief Barnabas
Gemade, in the race for the Benue North-
East seat.
Gemade, an APCmember, polled 140,715
votes to beat Suswam.
Suswam, a sitting PDP governor, scored
118,608 votes to lose in his ambition to
occupy the senate seat.
The Collation Officer for the zone, Prof.
Mohammed Adah, returned Gemade as
validly elected about 11pm on
Monday.The announcement laid to rest
the conflicting accounts since Saturday
over which of the two politicians won the
election.
Incidentally, Gemade is a former National
Chairman of the PDP, who defected from
the party to the APC after Suswam
showed interest in the senate seat.
Gemade joins Senate President, David
Mark, and another former governor of the
state, Mr. George Akume, as the winners
for Benue-North and Benue-South
senatorial districts respectively.
We thank God for using Jega to give us an election that is 75% credible. This election would have been the best if not the fact that pdp has refused to part way with its tradition-rigging.

1 Like

Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by Bishop4bella(m): 5:19am On Mar 31, 2015
The wind of change is blowing and its ready to blow any e-pdp away.

Nigeria will be a great nation again.
God bless naija.

God bless GMB/PYO

1 Like

Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by MrKodak(m): 5:29am On Mar 31, 2015
this would have be the best news ever. if anything, the margin GĂ©made gave him is too small. I don't think any one in his right mind would vote Suswam, the most corrupt and underachieving governor on earth as senator. I hope this news is true sha. long live nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by francizy(m): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2015
Sus-WORM is one of the worst governors ever in Nigeria. To think of the fact that he was voted in for second tenure says a lot about how tribalistic people can get. I won't blame him tho, I blame people that voted for him to complete 8 useless years in office. If Nigerians like let them base their votes on sentiments, they will always regret it at last.

1 Like

Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by MrKodak(m): 8:16am On Mar 31, 2015
francizy:
Sus-WORM is one of the worst governors ever in Nigeria. To think of the fact that he was voted in for second tenure says a lot about how tribalistic people can get. I won't blame him tho, I blame people that voted for him to complete 8 useless years in office. If Nigerians like let them base their votes on sentiments, they will always regret it at last.

I seriously beg to differ as I was in benue during the last elections and can tell you that he was not voted rather, the system in place right now from INEC just makes it harder to rig. if not, it might have been the same.
Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by francizy(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2015
MrKodak:

I seriously beg to differ as I was in benue during the last elections and can tell you that he was not voted rather, the system in place right now from INEC just makes it harder to rig. if not, it might have been the same.

LoL! I've been in Benue too and I learnt a lot while I was there. I served there. Mind you, this election is the worst ever conducted in the history of this country due to mass irregularities and rigging. SE and SS were rigged massively for PDP while SW, NE, NW were rigged massively for APC.

The card reader is nothing but a fluke and waste of resources because it didn't do poo. If the stupid card reader was to verify voters you already have their data on you INEC book at every polling unit, then its a waste.

When the notion of card reader was talked about, I thought it will make voting in Nigeria a more versatile process. Like, register in Kano and by means of card reader verification, vote in Lagos but heck no, it only confirms same polling unit voters.

Did you even see that many of that poo failed?

This election is a big disappointment and I still maintain my stands that Sus was voted by his people.
Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by MrKodak(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2015
francizy:

LoL! I've been in Benue too and I learnt a lot while I was there. I served there. Mind you, this election is the worst ever conducted in the history of this country due to mass irregularities and rigging. SE and SS were rigged massively for PDP while SW, NE, NW were rigged massively for APC.

The card reader is nothing but a fluke and waste of resources because it didn't do poo. If the stupid card reader was to verify voters you already have their data on you INEC book at every polling unit, then its a waste.

When the notion of card reader was talked about, I thought it will make voting in Nigeria a more versatile process. Like, register in Kano and by means of card reader verification, vote in Lagos but heck no, it only confirms same polling unit voters.

Did you even see that many of that poo failed?

This election is a big disappointment and I still maintain my stands that Sus was voted by his people.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & I respect yours, I just don't agree with it. Nuff said, there is no point arguing.
Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by MrKodak(m): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2015
Oops, I already made my point.
Re: Suswam Loses Senstorial Bid - Punch News by IGBOSON2: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2015
Serves him right!......Never knew he was this useless!! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim In Trouble...: A Must Read!! / Only Board Can Sack Me Not The President / Ekweremadu: The Making Of A Leader East Of The Niger - By Emeka Nwokolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.