Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

A Message To All Igbos By Lurther - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To All Igbos By Lurther (2521 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by lurther: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2015
It is glaring that the elections have come and gone.
The winner has also come and gone.

Now the issue at stake on the post-election effects in our national polity and co-existence as a nation. I woke up on sunday morning, switched on my laptop and decided to check what is trending on twitter. Lo and behold Igbo was trending on twitter. I decided to check why and read comments on the Igbos, what i saw was very much appalling and denigrating to say the least. I came on nairaland politics section again, and so many threads on the igbos again. The vilification of the igbos is now the new trend on social media, funny but true. That christ was so much despised, hated, vilified and even killed did not take away the fact that he was good, it even made him the most sought after in the world.

The igbos have been accused of bigotry and ethnic jingoism. what i can deduce from this accusation of the igbos as bigots, is giving the new meaning of the definition of bigotry.

Bigotry is now defined as when a particular group of people seek and protect their interest, they are called nationalistic, but when another group seek and protect their interest they are called bigots.

It is on record that the north has always voted buhari as been evidenced in all the elections he has contested. I have not seen anyone call the north bigots. Even if buhari rules and finishes his tenure, the north will still vote another northerner that will represent them as their candidate. No one dares call the north bigots.

The south west have been known to always form a party of their own, from the days of awolowo Action group party to the Alliance of democracy party (AD) which has metarmophosed into the present APC from AC TO ACN. If not for obasanjo's political sagacity that he hijacked the south west for the PDP in 2003, the yorubas have always had a party. I have not seen anyone accuse them of bigotry oooo.

When ever the igbos unite to form a common ground in their quest to seeking relevance in in this contraption called Nigeria they are called bigots. All sort of things were said about the APGA party by some people at a time, but they had their own party then the ACN.

Now the question is, should the igbos not be independent to also have their own ideology like the yorubas and the hausas who have always been known to be have their own ideology. Are other tribes trying to intimidate the igbos into buying their own ideology? They are quick to vote their ethnic parties even with the baggages of the leaders of such parties, but are also quick to accuse the igbos of ethnic bigotry when they do the same. Intimidation?

One thing is sure about the igbos, criticize all you like, vilify all you like, hate all you like, we have never been at the centre since 1967 till date and we have been waxing strong.
Do we really need to be at the centre before we become industrious?
Do we really need to be at the centre before we realize the importance of education and human development? My joy is, why some people fight for power at the centre in every election without even realizing the importance of education, we don't care. We dont go begging on the roads because we are illiterates or non-industrious.

It is high time my igbo brothers hold their heads high and continue to seek and pursue their ideologies without fear like how other tribes do. Yes the odds may not favour us because of the structuring of the nation, but, we shouldn't be intimidated. Let us continue to work hard and be the educated and industrious people we are.

Meanwhile congratulations to the new president of Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by TI1919(m): 8:31am On Mar 31, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by warripekin(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2015
I doff my hat for igbos. They took a stand and never wavered. Win or loose, they are the real winners in this election. They remain the largest middle class in Nigeria outside Itsekiris. Igbos are feared.

7 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2015
warripekin:
I doff my hat for igbos. They took a stand and never wavered. Win or loose, they are the real winners in this election. They remain the largest middle class in Nigeria outside Itsekiris. Igbos are feared.

All SS and SE will be won by PDP.... then we will form a more formidable region to promote our common economy and interest. To hell with Nigeria vision, because it does not exist, SW always conniving with the North to rub off the other southerners

2 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by captain247: 8:58am On Mar 31, 2015
All I see in this election is tribalism.
The Hausa's are standing in for GMB
The Yoruba's are standing for Osinbajor
While the remainders are in for GEJ.
I didn't see d one Nigeria they have been preaching. May God Help this country to move forward.

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by scribble: 8:58am On Mar 31, 2015
Tinubu has lost Lagos
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by lurther: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2015
But they are fast to take on the igbos.
captain247:
I didn't see d one Nigeria they have been preaching. May God Help this country to move forward.

2 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Scatterboss(m): 9:09am On Mar 31, 2015
I dont know why some fools are denigrating them, people should leave the Igbos alone, its there choice. I will also advice some bigots here to stop blaming Yorubas for your problem, we all have the right to vote for any candidate of our choice.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by PointB: 9:10am On Mar 31, 2015

One thing is sure about the igbos, criticize all you like, vilify all you like, hate all you like, we have never been at the centre since 1967 till date and we have been waxing strong.
Do we really need to be at the centre before we become industrious?
Do we really need to be at the centre before we realize the importance of education and human development? My joy is, why some people fight for power at the centre in every election without even realizing the importance of education, we don't care. We dont go begging on the roads because we are illiterates or non-industrious.

It is high time my igbo brothers hold their heads high and continue to seek and pursue their ideologies without fear like how other tribes do. Yes the odds may not favour us because of the structuring of the nation, but, we shouldn't be intimidated. Let us continue to work hard and be the educated and industrious people we are.

Kudos my brother, you have said it all. We said we would support GEJ, and we did to the end! That my brother is called being principled, and reliable as an ally!

The people you refer to are funny and very unprincipled.

If Igbos have voted for Buhari, be sure they will accuse Igbos of betraying GEJ, or perhaps call Igbo AGIP! Igbo have chosen a side - unification with our cousins in the deltas and creeks. On that note, we win!

Now let's leave these unprincipled flip-flopping lots and their masters to continue in their Igbo hate mongering, while we draw strength and determination from it.

3 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by drtwist(m): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2015
I'm writing this with tears of joy on my eyes,..
I so much love my igbos broda, thank God for the opportunity to skul in the east.
I love the way you guys approach issue, they didn't support Gej cos he was an amamata but because some particular group of people feel Nigeria belongs to them. I like the fact that even when you lost u lost in a united front and that will send a message to who ever becomes the president that the igbos cannot be underestimated.
I sincerely pray that we the south south support you in totality whenever u need our support.
I think in my next world I will b an Igborians

5 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by drtwist(m): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2015
PointB:

Kudos my brother, you have said it all. We said we would support GEJ, and we did to the end! That my brother is called being principled, and reliable as an ally!

If Igbos have voted for Buhari, be sure they will accuse Igbos of betraying GEJ, or perhaps call Igbo AGIP! Igbo have chosen a side - unification with our cousins in the deltas and creeks. On that note, we win!

Now let's leave these unprincipled flip-flopping lots and their masters to continue in their Igbo hate mongering, while we draw strength and determination from it.

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Wsdm: 9:24am On Mar 31, 2015
Go and check the results thus far and tell me you are not a blind bigot. Jonathan got substantial votes from North as against the epileptic votes that Buhari got from your region.
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by lurther: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2015
Never in the history of our co-existence as a nation have I been proud of being Igbo. Atleast for once, we were so united in our stand.... it is a step to greater unity and love amongst us. Let this election be a unitying factor to we Ndigbos of our generation.

Let it be on herald that we have for once been united and unanimous in our decision like the other tribes. We might not have achieved our desired victory, but we achieved the greatest victory of unity which from hence will be a way forward as a people.
PointB:

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by PointB: 9:30am On Mar 31, 2015
captain247:

Well said Captain.

But I wouldn't bother praying for the country, I rather be praying for successful disintegration of the country.

Hopefully, come April 11, we should booted other traces APC from SE/SS.

3 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by xtremeidea(m): 9:32am On Mar 31, 2015
rESEVRED .....................
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by PointB: 9:32am On Mar 31, 2015
lurther:
Never in the history of our co-existence as a nation have I been proud of being Igbo. Atleast for once, we were so united in our stand.... it is a step to greater unity and love amongst us. Let this election be a unitying factor to we Ndigbos of our generation.

Let it be on herald that we have for once been united and unanimous in our decision like the other tribes. We might not have achieved our desired victory, but we achieved the greatest victory of unity which from hence will be a way forward as a people.

Very well spoken my brother.

We rather stand alone in the rain and shine, than band with that unholy alliance of oil thieves.

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 31, 2015
One thing is clear from this election irrespective of who wins is the bond between SS and SE is stronger than ever before. To my Igbo neighbors, I say big thank you for your support even when you guys know this decision will cost you guys a lot. That's one of many attributes of Igbos I admire....FEARLESS AND FIRM IN THEIR DECISION. SS now know who the real enemy of our progress is.

4 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2015
The same Igbo people will turn back to say they make up half of the over one million people that voted for Buhari in Kano State. We sabi una.

2 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by lurther: 9:48am On Mar 31, 2015
Well said.
new2020:
One thing is clear from this election irrespective of who wins is the bond between SS and SE is stronger than ever before. To my Igbo neighbors, I say big thank you for your support even when you guys know this decision will cost you guys a lot. That's one of many attributes of Igbos I admire....FEARLESS AND FIRM IN THEIR DECISION. SS now know who the real enemy of our progress is.
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by feedthenation(m): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2015
Sadly, I think the Igbos have been shortchanged when they align their regional party APGA with PDP. Slowly they have effectively killed any change of having any national prominence. How many states did APGA win in 2011, only one.
Unlike ACN that won in 5 states in 2011 and a number of seats in both the Senate and HOR. For the Igbos to be taken seriously, they need to have a very strong regional party, which unfortunately is not there at the moment.
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by lurther: 9:51am On Mar 31, 2015
We no longer care as evidenced in this just concluded election. We are stronger, united and firm now than ever before.
OrlandoOwoh:
The same Igbo people will turn back to say they make up half of the over one million people that voted for Buhari in Kano State. We sabi una.
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2015
Loosers consoling themselves. You booted Good people like rochas and we booted you from your shops in kano and all Northern States. The era of allowing you causing harm to your selves and the nation is long gone. We hausas your masters will never allow you be stupid and silly again.
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by PointB: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2015
new2020:

On behalf of other Igbo, I say you are welcome.

Igbos believe in justice and equity, even if it will cost us an arm and a leg. Being able to sleep peacefully at night is more important than any political power.

We only ask that SS remember to return the favour if and when we need it.

I am also sure that other ethnic groups, especially minority ones can see vividly, that you in Nigeria, you can never have a more reliable ally than the firmly principled diligent and enterprising people across the Niger - Igbos! We will stand by you when called upon, if your cause is just and fair!

5 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by truefact: 9:55am On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari victory will only mean Hausa-Fulani are the owner of Nigeria and Yoruba are the willing tools while the rest are spoils of war.

Hence I can only see the sun truly rising at all cost

2 Likes

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by PointB: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2015
truefact:
Buhari victory will only mean Hausa-Fulani are the owner of Nigeria and Yoruba are the willing tools while the rest are spoils of war.

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.

You have spoken with the conviction of a father's true son. It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Controlled(f): 9:57am On Mar 31, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Who no know Igbos..... grin......dey will soon claim that.... grin

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2015
truefact:

This election is between GEJ/PDP and the common Nigerians, not Buhari.
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 31, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

All SS and SE will be won by PDP.... then we will form a more formidable region to promote our common economy and interest. To hell with Nigeria vision, because it does not exist, SW always conniving with the North to rub off the other southerners
Ole
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 31, 2015
papiforreal:
Loosers consoling themselves. You booted Good people like rochas and we booted you from your shops in kano and all Northern States. The era of allowing you causing harm to your selves and the nation is long gone. We hausas your masters will never allow you be stupid and silly again.

A Yoruba man...a slave claiming Hausa. Mark my words..How OBJ and Yaradua sidelined Atiku and GEJ respectively will be a cake walk to what Buhari will do to Osubande. Northern cabal will run his government. Saved this post!

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by lurther: 10:12am On Mar 31, 2015
History 101!!! - wish my igbo brothers can just shun this government and begin towards forming united opposition with the south south. It is really a step forward to the self-realization and self-development of the igbos.
new2020:

A Yoruba man...a slave claiming Hausa. Mark my words..How OBJ and Yaradua sidelined Atiku and GEJ respectively will be a cake walk to what Buhari will do to Osubande. Northern cabal will run his government. Saved this post!

1 Like

Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2015
paolo96:

Ole
Olo ni e....ole buruku
Re: A Message To All Igbos By Lurther by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2015
lurther:
History 101!!! - wish my igbo brothers can just shun this government and begin towards forming united opposition with the south south. It is really a step forward to the self-realization and self-development of the igbos.

Spot on. Anything can happen if GMB is declared winner. Many SS and SE groups are just waiting for the declaration of the winner to make their decision known. The fact that none of them have said anything as of yet, leaves me to believe that they are optimistic of last minute changes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious savings withdrawal slip (picture) / Ben Bruce Orders For Slippers From Crippled Cobbler / Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Launches New Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.