Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? (586 Views)

APC To Wike: Explain The N700m Poll Bribery Scam / Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? / Explain The Source Of Your Terrorists Tapes; PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by koife(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
Trending online now as we speak in the likelihood for this election to go into run off esp with the 25% and popular vote concept....I seem to get it all mixed up. Can someone pls help give me in depth explanation?

Re: Can Someone Help Me Explain The 25% Issue Vs Popular Vote? by dachpee(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
Each candidate must score 25% or two third majority of any state up to 24 states. If none of these candidates fails to make the 24 states with 25% votes, they will be a rerun. If the both candidates score above 24 states, the total votes will decides the winner. In Buhari case and GEJ, both has more than 24 states, but Buhari has the highest number of votes. So GMB won the election. Congratulations

(1) (Reply)

Promises / Who Owns Lagos? / PHOTO: People Keeping Space Before Accreditation Starts In Awkward Ways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.