Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh (64997 Views)

Omg!! See What Popular Actress Tonto Dikeh Publicly Ask Fans To (photo) / Tonto Dikeh Tatoo's Her Whole Back [picture} ! / Wizkid Speaks About Alleged Romance With Actress Tonto Dike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by omar22(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2010
Tonto is a very pretty, talented and good actress

At Nollywood level

Its like taking a knife to a gun fight!!!!

But its a brave move which I admire because so many of the so called Nollywood stars stay in there comfort zone until they become rotten!!!
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by Nayah(f): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2010
Yes I second that Omar maybe some actors can be inspired to this rotten interview to be more humble but Tonton Dikey did a mistake everyone does they are very tough with her, anyway this kind of things make some actors like Gene think and be more humble.
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by ochungal(f): 5:16am On Sep 24, 2010
BLACK HEART! BADMINDED FEMALES BACK OFF THE GIRL!!!! This goes to the online blogger and the ones abroad taking trash! If only the people of Nigeria know just what many of these females are doing here in the states they would be barred from ever coming home! Nuff can't be on screen because the amount of men lining up to call each one of them out would full a stadim angry   
First and Foremost, if the actress can't shine it's not her fault! IT'S THE writers, directors, producer, set designers, make up artist and costumers!  I've seen my fair share of Ghanian and Nigerian movies and the minds behind some of them should quit or go to an accredited film school!  THEY ARE LACKING! Bad Scripts and cinemography only makes the actors look bad.

Don't be FOOLED Blacks are rare in Hollywood because the scripts are minimal. Notice the only Blacks in movies are all the same ones. Nollywood stars can get parts as extras-sorry to murder the dreams of so many!  grin grin grin grin grin grin But it's the truth. Best bet for a nollywood star is Tyler Perry and that is Highly unlikly and just like hollywood he'll offer some part of the sterotypical African vision. Women potrayed as submissive, half unclothed, Illegal Immigrant being degraded, etc, etc. They may offer the men a part that has him carrying a spear and talking incoherently, AGAIN that is the reality. Blame National geography for that one grin

Omotala is a definite No, NO (body wise) Genevie can get minute role (Have to lose that accent). Patient, Stephenie, Nadia, Jackie Appiah & Rita all stand a better chance. I see them getting roles on Law & Order. Nkem Owoh would do well as a New York crazy cabibie in a movie.  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by omar22(m): 6:55am On Sep 24, 2010
Omotala is a definite No, NO (body wise) Genevie can get minute role (Have to lose that accent). Patient, Stephenie, Nadia, Jackie Appiah & Rita all stand a better chance. I see them getting roles on Law & Order. Nkem Owoh would do well as a New York crazy cabbie in a movie.

Its hard disagree but who am I to judge?

But in reality. you are right because when you look at the blacks that wins an Oscar they would have go from one limit to the other, so can you imagine what they would go through before they get a role in a blockbuster movie! when you have Bollywood stars who are far better than their Nollywood counterparts and only a handful gets a role in Hollywood then Nollywood stars have a long way to go, but on the other hand not many are motivate to go that far in their career, because most of the ladies are used to the eyes rolling, looking down at people, one way of acting to all roles, The harsh truth is that if a role that requires an African, well can you imagine Sophie Okenedo and Genevieve going for one role? theirs only one winner, or can you Imagine Djimon Gaston Hounsou or Ramsey going for one role? basically like some one said unless if they are looking for cheap actors / actress to do cameo roles like a house maid or cab driver, its Bad news for Nollywood stars
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by favouredjb(f): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2010
Too much hatred for tonto
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by Tunmi(f): 2:05am On Dec 19, 2010
She has gotten better. I recently saw Total Love, on YouTube, and she was impressive there.
All she needs is a good PR manager and better press. I really hope all this negativity is not getting to her.
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by ladyg2(f): 6:46am On Mar 11, 2011
i like tonto, alot. sooo, all this foolishness about her isnt bothering me. only because, there are countless women out there who do EVERYTHING that tonto is/was doing: bleaching, sleeping around, breaking homes, i mean, countless. but no, we wont talk about those other ppl. lets just focus on tonto. abeg, get a life. and if u dnt like d way she acts, not every Nollywood actress/actor is a good actress/actor.

also, my motto: the more you do something, u get better at it. u cant just judge her acting by watching ONE of her films or one of her films that she INITIALLY acted in. check out some of the movies that she has been doing now. if it is d money that you are complaining of, watch them on youtube, curtsey of NollywoodLove's channel.

God placed us in different countries for a reason. if one is doing well in naija, let them stay there. its not a necessity (although it is definitely beneficial on one's part) to spread one's horizons. she is doing fine as a Nollywood actress. she just needs to brush her game up a bit and step it up. BTW, THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT; thats for everyone! if Hollywood doesnt want her, abeg, she still has fans in naija and abroad who appreciate her movies. PERIOD
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by Nigeriannews(m): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2014
well even if she the most hated nollywood actress, i think she is very tallented i watched one of ther old movies is i simply called her the best, check out the movie her
>>http://naijatoday.com.ng/tonto-dike-reveals-reasons-slept-father/
Re: Hollywood Rejects Actress Tonto Dikeh by tontodike1: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Main Chick Of Nina Ivy's Boyfriend Exposes Her: You Came To Atlanta For Sex / Cynthia Morgan Puts Bare Ass On Display In New Photo. / Laura Ikeji Slammed For "Being Pregnant Before Wedding & Trying To Hide It"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.