Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Generation X- Take A Bow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Generation X- Take A Bow (520 Views)

See What Chris Ngige Did Today With Other Senators After Taking A Bow(Pics) / These Ministerial Nominees Might Just “take A Bow And Go” Today / Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Generation X- Take A Bow by samstradam: 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
I will try and keep this short.

55 years.

It has taken us 55 years before we could come to a day like this. If you still don’t understand me let me put this in perspective

It took the original Nigerian generation just 3 years to inflict on us :

1.corruption
2. nepotism and the spirit of entitlement
3. large scale rigging,
4.military coups,
5.ethnic cleansing
6. and the culmination, a highly regrettable civil war.

It took the original golden generation just a space of 6 years to inflict all these ills on a young naive impressionable Nigeria.

Unfortunately the patient has not fully recovered from any of this and has generally just limped through , some may say getting sicker and sicker.

But I believe generation X should be recognised for what we have seen in the last 16 years.
Some real positives that the golden generation should be ashamed they could not instil in us.

I believe the first major democratic achievement was the unity of us all in frustrating Obasanjo’s 3rd term bid (when some old school politicians were telling us there was nothing wrong with it). But it has gotten better since then:

1.Ensuring the Rule of Law prevailed and that GEJ became president even when the timid one could not stand for himself when Yaradua was sick
2.After the success of 2009, finally de-mystifying the born to rule mentality when the man with no shoes overwhelmingly received the support of most Nigerians and won the elections of 2011.
3.Despite the provocations ( and the provocation from Boko haram has been far worse than what led to the civil war IMO), remaining ONE fully united and unified country.

And the big one- the one that the greats (the Awolowos, Kanos, Ojukwus,) would be green with envy.

I mean if you think about it, it is crystal clear that it is NOT Buhari that is uniting us.

He may unite the North but not the rest of Nigeria who voted him in majority.

In fact we have no great Politician or idealist in this day and age left to inspire the youth yet we have all bound together to EFFECT the Tsunami.

CHANGE

Well done generation X. Well done. wink

1 Like

Re: Generation X- Take A Bow by lordthree(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
lets hope he achieves a lot

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Agrees To Work With Buhari , Says He Is Not Jonathan Creation / We Celebrate The Losser More Than The Winner. / See This Funny Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.