Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

5 Things That Police Officers Do That Shows They Lack Proper Training - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things That Police Officers Do That Shows They Lack Proper Training (458 Views)

Most Attractive Female Police Officers In Nigeria (photos) / Fear Of No Juicy Pension Will Make Elected Officers Do All To Avert Impeachment! / My Experience With The Police That Shows They Lack Basic Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things That Police Officers Do That Shows They Lack Proper Training by Rich4god(m): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
The way our police officers behaves these days, one will just be left wondering if they actually pass through nursery school or if they are actually humans... cos things they do these day is what even a toddler will know is very very wrong and a threat to human life.
The funny thing there is that, all the hazard and near misses they cos on our road and the way they endanger the lives of those they are paid to protect is just because of 50-100 naira....
At times I ask myself is there will b a time when our police will change for good... Even civil defense seems to be more matured and professional in carrying out their duties than the police force.
Now, let me list my experience with them.
1)Using their gun to hit a vehicle when the driver refuses to stop
Most police officers on road blocks are guilty of this, esp the mobile police officers. When a driver refuses to stop, the tend to use their gun to hit the vehicle as if the vehicle or the driver will feel the pain of his action. I have witnessed a case where a police officer lost grip on his gun after hit it on a moving trailer... Luckily, there was no accidental discharge.

2)Threatening passengers/passer-by while collecting/extorting money
Sometimes, police officers get to embarrass or threaten passenger/passer-by when you talk about the manner at which the extorting money from drivers. I have been slapped by an officer who later said he is going to shoot me after I made a comment about the way the police are extorting money from people.

3)Aiming their gun at an oncoming vehicle in other to make it stop
I still dont understand the type of training that our officers receive. You see a police officer aiming his gun at the driver as if he is a criminal just to stop him and start asking for roja... This is really bad as something could go wrong and bullet released... which of course they know the possibility of that, but will still go ahead to do it.

4)Accusing you of something you didnt do just because you refuse to part with your money
This one is common. If you are been seeing with a lappy and you refuse to settle them, they may term you a "yahoo guy"... I have been accused of being a boko haram member when I refused to roja them and one of the officer discovered that I lived in the north... I was lucky enough to be rescued/helped by the people around, else they don already dey tell me to enter their hilux....

Setting up road block at a sharp bend
Some police officers resort to stting up road blocks at sharp bend where oncoming motorist esp okada men wont see them until they are close enough and cant turn back. They do this in a bid to stop a good number of motorist who dont know that they are there, cos some drivers normally turn back when they site a police road block esp okada men or transport workers. This is particularly risky as some speeding vehicle might be struggling to stop when they suddenly see the road block ahead of them.

You can add yours.

(1) (Reply)

The 4th President In 4th Republic,declared On 4th Month After 4th Trial / Reuben Abati Got Ridiculed After He Finally Tweeted Lol / House Of Assembly Rejects Gov. Sullivan Chime’s N11bn Loan Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.