Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,724 members, 7,959,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:50 PM

Buhari - The President-elect - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - The President-elect (22627 Views)

Bola Tinubu And Nana Akufo-Addo, President-Elect Of Ghana Pictured Together / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by TreQuartista: 5:49am On Apr 01, 2015
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:01am On Apr 01, 2015
congratulations general buhari. May God almighty continue to bless you and the country abundantly. Amen cheesy
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by VickyRotex(f): 6:10am On Apr 01, 2015
Awwwwwww.... Finally!!!

Welcome on board GMB/PYO

Nigerians fought to achieve this, you fought for it too
Please dont misuse this great opportunity

GEJ I celebrate you for accepting what you can't change. Say me well to PEJ
I wish you what you wish yourself.

Oh Jega!! God Bless you immeasurably. The whole election process was quite satisfactory.

Long Live GMB/PYO
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long Live Nigerians
Long Live Nairalanders

I see a new Nigeria...

#One Naija
#IStandForPeace
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Police789m: 6:11am On Apr 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by zendy: 6:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Naturally,I'm not happy that Buhari has been elected president same as most my fellow Igbos and the people of the South-south region. The only people who are celebrating are the Yorubas and the northerners. What they are celebrating is not really Buharis victory but the return of Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani hegemony. For 50 years out of Nigerias 55 year existence,it has been either a Yoruba or a northerner ruling and naturally,they are happy that things have returned to 'business as usual' following the interruption caused by the death of Yaradua which brought in GEJ. There is really nothing to celebrate anyway, I am 100% certain that things will much worse under Buhari because he is not the type of person who can carry Nigerians along. He is just a product of "born to rule" which destroyed this country. Nigeria is just a country on paper only. The people are as divided as ever
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Omotayor123(f): 6:36am On Apr 01, 2015
My prayers for u dis Month
"Father Lord,All the ORUBEBE
in my life that plans to
Disrupt my success and glory,
Pls,silence them.
And so for every Enugu in your life, God will raise a
Kano that will swallow it.
And for every Orubebe in your life, God shall jega them.
I wish u Buhari=d

Can I hear a Big Amen #

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by dyabman(m): 6:46am On Apr 01, 2015
I'm glad ! I'm satisfied ! I'm contented ! But hey that was what I felt last when Goodluck Efere jonadamn was elected I just hope there will be a real change positively

I'm thanking everyone for their support towards this old man who is destined to lead us again this time but with more wisdom,tenderness and discipline

Sai Baba forever !!
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 01, 2015
zendy:
Naturally,I'm not happy that Buhari has been elected president same as most my fellow Igbos and the people of the South-south region. The only people who are celebrating are the Yorubas and the northerners. What they are celebrating is not really Buharis victory but the return of Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani hegemony. For 50 years out of Nigerias 55 year existence,it has been either a Yoruba or a northerner ruling and naturally,they are happy that things have returned to 'business as usual' following the interruption caused by the death of Yaradua which brought in GEJ. There is really nothing to celebrate anyway, I am 100% certain that things will much worse under Buhari because he is not the type of person who can carry Nigerians along. He is just a product of "born to rule" which destroyed this country. Nigeria is just a country on paper only. The people are as divided as ever

Bros, u and ur fellow igbos need to accept victory already else u should move to d nearest country Benin, Cameron, Ghana cos whether u lyk it or not President Buhari is ruling for the next 4years. If we lyk his way of rule, we re-elect him again grin grin grin.
Power indeed belongs to the people. Thanks bros

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by zendy: 7:15am On Apr 01, 2015
I also want to add that the only 2 good things that has come out of Buharis victory are that the many people who would have been slaughtered like Sallah Ram up in the North had Buhari not been declared winner can breathe a sigh of relief. The other good thing is that an era of 2 party system has been ushered in. To the people of the South-south,I hope the reality of Nigeria is sinking in? A south-South president will not emerge again in my life time. In the mean time,those that kicked GEJ will be all too happy to keep taking the oil money if the south-south people while dictating who will be president. I think that the Igbos and the south-south should face the reality that unless we come together and breakout of Nigeria,we will always remain victims of Hausa/Yoruba hegemony. Nigeria is a long failed British project and it's a slap on our face that a Yoruba or Hausa man can still tell us who our leader should be. Ojukwu fought to liberate us from this political oppression 45 years ago but we still remain in it. Nigeria is a fraud! And one day,we shall be free of this fraud!!
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Adek15(m): 7:25am On Apr 01, 2015
zendy:
I would have said they should just give you guys BBiafra but I know many igbos who strived and supported GMB bid to be the president even though their vote weren't counted. So I say to you, accept CHANGE and forget the past (civil war, as we were all affected) so that Nigeria can be great again bro/sis.
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by zendy: 7:29am On Apr 01, 2015
sherryshitt:

Bros, u and ur fellow igbos need to accept victory already else u should move to d nearest country Benin, Cameron, Ghana cos whether u lyk it or not President Buhari is ruling for the next 4years. If we lyk his way of rule, we re-elect him again grin grin grin.
Power indeed belongs to the people. Thanks bros

The Igbos don't have to accept anything. The same Igbos have been trying to leave the you people and form their own country for a long time.
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 01, 2015
zendy:

The Igbos don't have to accept anything. The same Igbos have been trying to leave the you people and form their own country for a long time.

And have the same igbos succeed in doing that? Wise up bros and move on with your life
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by zendy: 7:38am On Apr 01, 2015
Adek15:
I would have said they should just give you guys BBiafra but I know many igbos who strived and supported GMB bid to be the president even though their vote weren't counted. So I say to you, accept CHANGE and forget the past (civil war, as we were all affected) so that Nigeria can be great again bro/sis.

Don't decieve your self. a very small minority of Igbos,probably less than 5%,supported Buhari
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by zendy: 7:47am On Apr 01, 2015
sherryshitt:

And have the same igbos succeed in doing that? Wise up bros and move on with your life

Well at least now you know that Nigeria is a country but a forced marriage.
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by LieDetector(m): 7:52am On Apr 01, 2015
omenka:
Congratulations Nigeria.

Welcome to the damn of a brand new Era.

Hurrayyyy!!!

To the pub everyone!! Let's go drink some beer!!!
boss, I can only guess how happy you are right now. Truly the general's triumph is worth the mood. At last we finally got the change we've been craving for.
You owe me a bottle sir grin

A very good morning to you. cheesy
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 01, 2015
Time we start doing things right grin
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 01, 2015
I was here on this historic day saying.

Sai Nigeria.

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Missmossy(f): 8:22am On Apr 01, 2015
Change is here, Congrats to Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by luckydube007: 8:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations to him. I pray he take Nigeria to the next level.
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by omenka(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2015
LieDetector:
boss, I can only guess how happy you are right now. Truly the general's triumph is worth the mood. At last we finally got the change we've been craving for.
You owe me a bottle sir grin

A very good morning to you. cheesy
Indeed I do, and every other single progressive here. I desperately wish there was a way to meet up somewhere and share some hugs, handshakes, and of course beer. smiley

You guys have fought a great battle and emerged victorious. But there is no bigger victor in the whole process than Nigeria.

Still basking in the euphoria. Celebrations continue today. smiley

God bless you all.
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Pamcrest(f): 8:58am On Apr 01, 2015
To GMB - congrats. I didn't trust u but still unsure I was convinced to vote for u....don't betray us. Nigerians' expectations from u are great n enormous. May God perfect ?His will for our country through u.

To GEJ - congrats. I never liked u. But u will be credited for ensuring d elections were free n fair n without undue interference. U also kept your promise that our votes will count. Your sportsmanship in accepting defeat also counts for u. So for once, I can say u impressed me. I wish u goodluck in your future endeavors. Keep away from bad people who pretend to love u but love themselves more.

To fellow Nigerians on each side of d divide, let's not lose sight of d lessons inherent in these elections. Let's unite n coexist peacefully regardless of tribe, religion or status. The things that differentiate us shouldn't separate us....there's unity in diversity. We are all God's creatures n we all want a peaceful, prosperous n progressive country n He will grant it to us.

The next 4 years will be d litmus test. We shall overcome.
God bless our country n every Nigerian!

My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Buhari - The President-elect by olamidarsenal(m): 9:02am On Apr 01, 2015
how arsenal go take win dis Saturday match against Liverpool....

wait oooo, na politics section I dey oooo.
all na d same. less concerned about election now, na DAT match dey my mind
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Where are those Gej till 2019
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by Omotayor123(f): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
JUST CHECKING MY MEMORY CARD
*Buhari will die before the Election - Ayo Fayose
*Buhari is brain dead - Mama Peace
*If APC survives till October 2014, call me a
bastard.- Doyin Okupe
*Mark my words, It will not happen for Buhari to
rule Nigeria. - Doyin Okupe.
If APC wins, I will go on exile. - Bode George.
*Buhari can never win in Yorubaland. - Gani
Adams.
*Jonathan will shock APC with defeat. - FFK
*If Jonathan loses, we would set Nigeria on fire. -
Asari Dokubo.
*We instigated the 6 weeks postponement so that
Jonathan can win. - Fasehun
*I will deliver 1 million votes to Jonathan in Ondo
state. - Mimiko
*We shall deliver the South West votes to
Jonathan. - Afenifere
*Tinubu is no longer a force in the South West. -
Yinka Odumakin.
*Buhari at 70 wears diapers like my mother. -
Fayose
*Jonathan already has Lagos votes. - Musiliu
They are all what they call themselves. What a
funny life
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by eleko1: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
sad sad Those mama wey dey follow mama Faka waka about dance Sekem go don desert her one by one.We'll surely missed the renowned Shepos
VickyRotex:
Awwwwwww.... Finally!!!

Welcome on board GMB/PYO

Nigerians fought to achieve this, you fought for it too
Please dont misuse this great opportunity

GEJ I celebrate you for accepting what you can't change. Say me well to PEJ
I wish you what you wish yourself.

Oh Jega!! God Bless you immeasurably. The whole election process was quite satisfactory.

Long Live GMB/PYO
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long Live Nigerians
Long Live Nairalanders

I see a new Nigeria...

#One Naija
#IStandForPeace
She's a wounded lion,expect her to fight dirty next Saturday.Dickson/Rotimi go hear am sad sad
Re: Buhari - The President-elect by VickyRotex(f): 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
eleko1:
sad sad Those mama wey dey follow mama Faka waka about dance Sekem go don desert her one by one.We'll surely missed the renowned Shepos She's a wounded lion,expect her to fight dirty next Saturday.Dickson/Rotimi go hear am sad sad

Lols... Eleko, wetin this woman do you na? Chaiii
So na she you dey call Mama Faka cheesy cheesy

They wee desert her for sure. Owo epo lo mo araye man ba ni la undecided sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun: I May End Up In Pulpit After 8 Years As Governor / Ohaneze Warns Igbo Not To Be Part Of The Hardship Protest In The Country / Onne Port Berths ‘Largest’ Cargo Vessel — Second Time In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.