Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN (1285 Views)

Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? / Goodluck Jonathan At London Heathrow With Omokri / The Rise and Shameful Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2015
[b]This is not about whether he was scammed in southwest or not. The people of the SW and north spoke the truth with their votes. It is unfortunate the Igbos made a wrong political gamble by supporting GEJ even though he failed woefully and did nothing tangible for their region. They failed to forget the past and embrace national unity hence their political decisions has always damaged their chances of having a major political influence or relevance in the Nigerian system.

There were so many indications that Jonathan was going to lose - He prepared late; he was careful with the timing of his declaration, when body language showed he was interested. He had no message for the people. All I heard were trains and fertilizers, YouWin, benin-Ore road and SureP(Really?) for 6 years. His campaign strategies reeled of derogatory statements and unnecessary personality attacks instead of concrete manifestos. APC employed consultants, PDP employed losers (FFKs, Okupe, Abati, Reuben, TANs etc). Jonathan heated the polity with ethnic-religious campaign strategies, jumping from one church to another; what do you think the Muslims would do? His wife continued to make derogatory statements against the North calling them names for making babies they can't cater for and insulting them with the constant mention of Almajiri schools. He was deceived by his aides , greedy people around him and he became a sectional leader. He was a bad product and I made mention of this regularly, a bad product never sells.

So I would say he scammed himself, he deceived himself by running to the south west bribing kings for endorsements as if the masses don't know what they really want.

He has successfully created a divide along tribal, religious and ethnic line all around the country and it will take a massive national reorientation to restore our national unity.

I will not pat him at the back for conceding defeat cos he already knew what awaits him if he acted on the contrary. He was part of the crew that ousted Gbagbo and he is fully aware of the watchful eyes of the ICC and I'm sure he wouldn't wanna spend the rest of his life in Jail.

Gej should have won this elections easily if he had the interest of the masses at heart. He will forever live with the stigma of the first incumbent president to be ousted in Nigeria.
[/b]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by sharubutu(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2015
Very correct.
I think this is worth being on the front page.
Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by vislabraye(m): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ is not a good politician. Obasanjo was not better in terms of integrity but he played the game well. Goodluck organized an election that served the opposition better.

Let's hope that Buhari delivers his promises. MY fear still remains those people working with him.
Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2015
vislabraye:
GEJ is not a good politician. Obasanjo was not better in terms of integrity but he played the game well. Goodluck organized an election that served the opposition better.

Let's hope that Buhari delivers his promises. MY fear still remains those people working with him.

Buhari is not an angel but things will be better than it is now
Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by jumobi1(m): 10:27am On Apr 01, 2015
He rose from Deputy Governor of one of the smallest states to President of the biggest black nation. He has tried for himself. Yes he has his faults as we all do but let him be. People lose every day.
Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by kayboy4y(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2015
I'm with you. He stabbed himself in the face! He has to concede of course. I'm sure he was consoled. But one thing for sure is that I will always remember him as a matured President who maturedly loot the treasury at will. Victory for Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2015
jumobi1:
He rose from Deputy Governor of one of the smallest states to President of the biggest black nation. He has tried for himself. Yes he has his faults as we all do but let him be. People lose every day.

Nobody cares how he rose from gutter to the president. We all have stories of ups and downs. We willingly voted him in 2011. The name Goodluck was a movement then. His story decieved us and his humility was misinterpreted for honesty. Unfortunately he has successfully made himself one of the most corrupt presidents in our national history.

2 Likes

Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by vislabraye(m): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:

Buhari is not an angel but things will be better than it is now

Hope he lives long. He should not play a Yar Adua on us.
Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by victoryalldway: 11:44am On Apr 01, 2015
People should know that God loves our dear country call Nigeria & he therefore allowed this election to go d way it went. As for me, Jonathan remain an hero, elections must be won and there must be a looser. Apc must work hard to consolidate on d transformation agenda of mr president which part of it has earned them d highest office in d land. What is on ground now is beyond geo-political zones but Nigeria project.

1 Like

Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by Bowaley17(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bad Adminstration was what killed GEJ tenure in office... I pray GMB time help make thing better for us...

1 Like

Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by Ikenna17(m): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
jumobi1:
The only person that made any worthwhile statement here, thank you jare. the creator of this thread just speaks with in an uninformed and biased way. Jonathan may not have been the ideal president but you should give credit where it is due and POC he's barely 5 years as a president.
Re: THE FALL OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN by zinodizt: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
when GEJ became d president he was a messiah now ppl call him bad luck. now buhari is god sent I wonder what ppl would call him when he leaves office.

(1) (Reply)

12 Things We Learned From The Russian President's / How To Calculate Fuel Subsidy (part 1) / SHOCKING:National Assembly’s N150billion Enough To Fund 20 Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.