Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon Congratulates Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon Congratulates Buhari (421 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Kaduna Govt Hosts, Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General (photos) / President Jonathan Congratulates Buhari - Vanguardngr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon Congratulates Buhari by kaywizee(m): 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon congratulated General Muhammed Buhari on his hard worn victory in the presidential election held last Saturday.

Ban in a statement issued on Tuesday night in New York, said he had spoken to Jonathan and Buhari on the outcome of the polls as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Ban commended Jonathan for his leadership qualities throughout the electoral process and his statesmanship in upholding the democratic process.  He also applauded the INEC for organising the elections in a professional and credible “manner under challenging circumstances”.  The UN Chief called on all Nigerians to accept the outcome of the elections.

Ban also appealed to them to address any complaints they may have through existing legal and constitutional channels.  The Secretary-General said the successful conduct of the polls was a testimony to the maturity of Nigeria’s democracy.  He expressed hope that the same democratic spirit would prevail in the conduct of the governorship and state Houses of Assembly elections on April 11.

Source: http://oyiidoma..com/2015/04/un-secretary-general-ban-ki-moon.html

Re: UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon Congratulates Buhari by Acekidc4(m): 4:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
That's the Spirit!!
Re: UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon Congratulates Buhari by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
pls has Orubebe personally apologized to Jega himself !!" ??
Re: UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon Congratulates Buhari by Yehman(m): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
"Nobody's ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian". At first, this statement melted my heart then, I felt a sweet sensation just below my kidney, a stimulated sensations of tingling and euphoria in my brain and finally a cold shiver ran down my spine. GEJ, thank u for keeping the country at peace. History has been made and hopefully, a new era and better Nigeria is ahead.
Re: UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon Congratulates Buhari by solid3(m): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
This man that Shekau warned that if he catches him, he will kill him is still talking about Nigeria. Ok o. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

BAD BELLE; Its Allowed / Chaos In Abia Apga / Buhari- How I Plan To Rule Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.