Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Buhari: This Story Of Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: This Story Of Victory (525 Views)

Muhammad Bello's Sallah Gift To Buhari This Morning / Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: This Story Of Victory by KUDZ(m): 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
By-Kayode Oluwaseun David

Muhammadu Buhari is a Nigerian politician who served as the military ruler of Nigeria (December 31, 1983 - August 27, 1985).

He was overthrown in a military coup staged by Gen Ibrahim Babangida on Aug 27 just because he wants to investigate the allegations made about the fraudulent award of contracts in the ministry of defence.

Afterwards, the General contested in four democratic elections in 2003, 2007, 2011, and 2015 on the platforms of ANPP, ANPP, CPC and APC respectively. In the March 2015 general elections, Gen Muhammadu Buhari emerged the President Elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria defeating incumbent President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with over 2 million votes.

Buhari, who wept at the 2011 general elections last campaign spurred up an influx of emotions in me. This was a man who at that time was contesting that office for the third time. This was a man who at that time was seen by many Christians in the south as a religious bigotrist, and someone who would convert all Nigerians to the Muslim faith (How possible is that?), and because of this reason he lost the election as so many believed in the personality of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan back then. After having lost in the polls to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, one would say that Gen Buhari would put a stop to his presidential race there, only to know that the General was willing to come into alliance with two other political parties so as to form a strong opposition group against the ruling party. In December 2014, he emerged as the Presidential aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC) and went to the polls even after there were many propagandas against him tagging him as a religious bigotrist, an illiterate, and also a liar as he has said he would no longer contest after the 2011 election.

The General who could not hold back his love for his motherland, despite all personality stains made on him by the People's Democratic Party (PDP) calling him a stark illiterate among others still went to the polls at 72 and contested the election under the aegis of the broom party in which he finally clinched victory and defeated the incumbent president thereby making history in Nigeria's democracy.

This story of victory can be likened to that of Abraham Lincoln, a legendary president of the United States of America who after several loses, won the Presidential seat in the U.S.

This story of victory is inspirational and motivational and has made me realise that no matter how far, or how long, a conceived dream consistently pursued without distractions would be achieved...

This story of victory has made me believe in the Spanish quote "Que Sera Sera" which means "What will be, will be".

This story of victory has renewed my belief in a new Nigeria that is going to be a construction spearheaded by the new Lead Engineer Muhammadu Buhari and by all Nigerians who would are going to be in the field contributing their various quotas.

This story of victory has made me change my mentality of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan who has just displayed to me that Democracy can still be practiced without fear nor favor in this country. The incumbent president ensured a free and fair election and also accepted defeat honorably.

This story of victory has opened my eyes to many styles of politics that was employed, which are namely: "the Fayose-style", "the Femi Fani-Kayode-style", "the Orubebe-style" and the "Amaechi-style".

This story of victory!!!
What democracy can be more credible than this??
What story of victory can be more interesting than this??
A victory for democracy, and a victory for the PEOPLE.

I salute the credibility, maturity, competence, and calmness of Prof Attahiru Jega, the chairman of @inecnigeria

I Congratulate Mrs Aisha Buhari, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Rotimi Amaechi, John Kayode Fayemi, Babatunde Fashola, Rauf Aregbesola, etc on this story of victory.

Please NOTE: If the government of the All Progressive Congress(APC) led by Gen Buhari fails us, we would surely sponsor his return back to Daura in Katsina State with our precious and powerful votes that would always count.

#ThisStoryofVictory.

By- Kayode Oluwaseun David (KUDZ)

(1) (Reply)

An Opened Letter To The President -elect. By EUROBOMBER / The OFE MMANU People / Rochas And His Scam Legacies In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.