Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria (42476 Views)

We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu / President Mugabe Will Die On October 17 2017 Says Popular Zimbabwean Prophet / Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by sharatech(m): 12:36am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Jona wey don try left and right, wey don see say no other way dey, he come face who dey pursue am come say, kukuma kill me...na im u all dey decieve yourself say he conceded? The guy surrendered. In Yorubaland, they will say, IPA PIN... it means, all struggle don end.

So, wetin u want make him do? Make he continue fighting?

Dem say a powerful man dey play with u, u say u like the play...if you knw Like the play nko? U wan fight the man?

Na wetin do jona be dt...forget conceded and use surrendered!

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by united101: 12:38am On Apr 02, 2015
You cannot compare Zimbabwe to Nigeria. Zimbabwe is just 13 million. So Mugabe can afford to muzzle the citizenry with his Security agencies not in the most populous nation in Africa. Moreover, Many big names with political clouts have publicly distanced themselves from Gej on the score of his reactions to issues of national importance. Furthermore, only a few military officers could have supported him-He knew that and so he had to concede the defeat. Although, I salute him for realizing this and sticking to it.

We shall never witness war or civil unrest in this nation (Amen)

God Bless the Federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by opylas(m): 12:43am On Apr 02, 2015
united101:
You cannot compare Zimbabwe to Nigeria. Zimbabwe is just 13 million. So Mugabe can afford to muzzle the citizenry with his Security agencies not in the most populous nation in Africa. Moreover, Many big names with political clouts have publicly distanced themselves from Gej on the score of his reactions to issues of national importance. Furthermore, only a few military officers could have supported him-He knew that and so he had to concede the defeat. Although, I salute him for realizing this and sticking to it.

We shall never witness war or civil unrest in this nation (Amen)

God Bless the Federal republic of Nigeria

Let's always end our comments wt dat- God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 12:43am On Apr 02, 2015
vizboy:
GEJ just made Us proud.

Really Proud to be a Nigerian right now

More Respect
Jonathan will always be a source of inspiration to leaders in the future .

I have one wish and that wish is to meet this man one day and bow down before him because he gave the Nigerian people a power they never had .

Any leader from any region can't take us back to that era where an incumbent must remain even when the people don't want him would end up like a fool.
GOODLUCK EBELEMI JONATHAN DID IT FOR US.

I SALUTE HIS COURAGE.

5 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by sharatech(m): 12:45am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=sharatech post=32258019][/quote]you are very stupid Jonathan is a very good man. If Buhari did the same thing in 2011 no live will be lost because of does Animals

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by jide333(m): 12:48am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Jona wey don try left and right, wey don see say no other way dey, he come face who dey pursue am come say, kukuma kill me...na im u all dey decieve yourself say he conceded? The guy surrendered. In Yorubaland, they will say, IPA PIN... it means, all struggle don end.

Dem say a powerful man dey play with u, u say u like the play...if you knw Like the play nko? U wan fight the man?

you and your 15likes are the reason nigeria'll never unite even though we pretended we are.. You must be a f oo l for thinking it's called surrendered. Only fools like you and i d io ts like you would reason so lame!! Oloriburuku oshi!

5 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 02, 2015
Eluwilussit:

ICC can't do nothing without the people. I have been saying this but the idiiots on NL don't get it. As long as he's still the president, there's nothing they can do. Zimbabwe is a sovereign state. So is Nigeria.

If Jona had decided to be despotic, there's nothing anybody outside nigeria can do about it. They can only use the people to unsettle their leaders before they can move in.

There are so many cases. Syria, North Korea, Russia, Cuba etc.
lol.. buh many folks hea do not appreciate wat GEJ did dey will rather hope he caused war..... esp some hate filked APC supporters..

4 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 02, 2015
fiftynaira:
. Immunity I might be wrong tho!
Too much hypocrisy in d world...
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 02, 2015
cocokiller1:
lol
or is ICc over hyped
wats stopping dem?
Or political?
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by SIRcumalot: 12:53am On Apr 02, 2015
If the case was reversed,
by this i mean Buhari just lost his 2nd term bid for the presidential Election to GEJ would he have gone so smoothly ?
I seriously doubt this.
Even that facking turncoat,
OBJ tried to weasel his way into a third term.

4 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by donJ2(m): 12:55am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

U sound so funny, dAt which r slow to see, zimbabweans r already tweeting and applauding

By this time last election period, there was heavy blood shed in 9ja, only bcuz d general failed to do d needful.

U have seen that wen d weak accepts defeat, he is applauded....itz called being a democrat...only seen in d western world...still strange to africans

5 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 12:58am On Apr 02, 2015
nwobiebuka:
I see a scenerio where the apc warlords( westerners) will leave buhari dry in his suit about his certificate which we all know he doesn't have!! Gej can push him for the last time but then again what if this has been tinubu's plan all along to bring power back to west through osibanjo? We all know that if Gmb loses the suit pyo becomes president!!! Watching Nigeria from America shaa
Unfortunlately you're not paying attention to details and here is one that will put you through.

The last constitutional amendment which Jonathan has already sanctioned requires that if a sitting President dies or simply can't be the President due to some constitutional hitches ,the vice President must conduct election after three months .

My friend your South West just committed a political suicide and the SE and the SS would be more them happy to screw them nicely when the chips are down unless the political poles shifts again due to unseen circumstances ,go figure.

You labelled him Mr clueless but by upbringing he's far way smarter than your folks ten fold - you won't see it now but your kids.

5 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 02, 2015
Playing Mr. Integrity in a highly corrupt society!
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by blessedgreat(f): 1:00am On Apr 02, 2015
Kizmarty:
I knew a man,a real man...
A man that fought wars on all sides...
A man that was never allowed to implement his plans.
I knew a real soldier,a confident and courageous one even in defeat.

I experienced his era.

There was a man...

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

I hope Nigerians don't regret this choice esp our less informed youths.

We are watching **fingers crossed**
I dont usually comment,but I could not help but say THANK YOU for using your eyes to see and your mind to comprehend. I wish all who voted for 'Change' well but pray for them not to have to eat their words later. Thank you for encapsulating the life and time of Jonathan this way for NL posterity's sake. Good morning.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by daveP(m): 1:02am On Apr 02, 2015
You see... Just one act puts Nigeria back in postive reckoning to our small bros. We can make 600 more of such +ve, mature acts and force revamp of Africa's political atmosphere.

Mugabe would be feeling like

"This my pikin wey never get sandal when e dey school naim con dey pile pressure on me like this?"
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 02, 2015
Since 1980? And he is 91years old now. Is it that this man is a spirit that cannot be assasinated? They should just shoot the idiot @ close range and make sure there is no more pulse in him. 'Greedy and selfish ood fool'
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by cold(m): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2015
GEJ was that kinda man that was going to concede defeat if he lossed. With or without pressure from any quarter. That was one of his good sides,humilty. At the same time it was his archilles heel,his greatest undoing. He didn't have a ruthless side

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by blessedgreat(f): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:
I hope he doesn't jeopardize his new status by taking Buhari to court.

Let's not forget that he rigged the ss/se votes.
And the north axis was not rigged too? Haba cant we at least admit what is beyond visible? What abt the underaged voters pls? Jonathan is already we dont have to keep playing this ostrich to the doings of APC as well!! Remember He who comes to equity MUST do equity!

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by deesad2002: 1:07am On Apr 02, 2015
GEJs grandmaster plan when it became clear he would lose the election even after forging the Rivers result was to unleash FFK and Orubebe to destroy the electoral process so that military would take over the country because he was afraid of facing prosecution from Buhari. Unfortunately the plan failed as Jega did not play along to the tape. Obasanjos informants in the military told him of the coup plan and Obj quickly informed the US and EU who in turn forced GEJ to concede defeat. It is an open secret now and Muhammadu Buhari is angry about this and that was why he later told GEJ he has nothing to fear...

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by BlackGirlsCode: 1:10am On Apr 02, 2015
blessedgreat:
And the north axis was not rigged too? Haba cant we at least admit what is beyond visible? What abt the underaged voters pls? Jonathan is already we dont have to keep playing this ostrich to the doings of APC as well!! Remember He who comes to equity MUST do equity!

Why didn't you take pictures of these underaged voters?

You fit ask me to dash you camera nau.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by blessedgreat(f): 1:13am On Apr 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Unfortunlately you're not paying attention to details and here is one that will put you through.

The last constitutional amendment which Jonathan has already sanctioned requires that if a sitting President dies or simply can't be the President due to some constitutional hitches ,the vice President must conduct election after three months .

My friend your South West just committed a political suicide and the SE and the SS would be more them happy to screw them nicely when the chips are down unless the political poles shifts again due to unseen circumstances ,go figure.

You labelled him Mr clueless but by upbringing he's far way smarter than your folks ten fold - you won't see it now but your kids.
My dear its going to like the movie title 'showdown in little tokyo' and will always preview its sequel like nollywood film endings to wit '... This is just the beginning'. I dey watch...
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by LAX89(m): 1:13am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

Only in Yoruba land do they give up or surrender like that, Yoruba people are used to giving up and surrendering to go home and dance owambe (they killed abiola, Ige, Williams etc.), and yorubas just said "IPA PIN", went home and danced owambe and raped their wives, so I understand you. Other people NEVER give up, Jonathan only chose to do the right and honourable thing.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by blessedgreat(f): 1:16am On Apr 02, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

Why didn't you take pictures of these underaged voters?

You fit ask me to dash you camera nau.
yes i can see,still playing the ostrich. Have fun!!!
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 1:19am On Apr 02, 2015
vizboy:
GEJ just made Us proud.

Really Proud to be a Nigerian right now

More Respect

Your rulers have brought your dignity to its knees.

Shocking the insignificances Nigerians find pride in.

He probably does not have light at home o.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 02, 2015
Truckpusher:

Nice one

But....

You failed to tell us whether or not that same law is above amendment or repeal. angry
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 02, 2015
deesad2002:
GEJs grandmaster plan when it became clear he would lose the election even after forging the Rivers result was to unleash FFK and Orubebe to destroy the electoral process so that military would take over the country because he was afraid of facing prosecution from Buhari. Unfortunately the plan failed as Jega did not play along to the tape. Obasanjos informants in the military told him of the coup plan and Obj quickly informed the US and EU who in turn forced GEJ to concede defeat. It is an open secret now and Muhammadu Buhari is angry about this and that was why he later told GEJ he has nothing to fear...

How sure r u?
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Olayinka2607: 1:32am On Apr 02, 2015
We're proud of our outgoing president Gej for maturity
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by donJ2(m): 1:34am On Apr 02, 2015
loksman:
Congrats to Buhari Say's
Goodluck. In a years time
Nigerians will be enjoying
constant power supply just as
the Naira will be equal to the
Dollar in a few months and all
Nigeria Children will be feed
3times a day Hearing that
Jonathan just called Buhari to
congratulate him even when he
hasn't been declared winner
shows how nice and humble this
man is...maybe his cool nature
was also his undoing as well... I
really feel hurt that he lost... I/We
Great Nigeria will miss u GEJ and
will remember you for Lot's of
things *Thanks for the Amajiri
schools, *Thanks for the Federal
Universities, *Thanks for the
federal roads you did all over
Nigeria, *Thanks for the railway
lines that are back on track,
*Thanks for the scholarship for
1st class students though u wer
not even 1st class, *Construction
of several roads in the country.
Eg East West Road, Benin - Ore -
Shagamu Highway, Lagos-
Ibadan Expressway etc. * Thanks
for Completing all 10 abandoned
NIPP Projects. * Thanks for the
Implementation of the Power
Master Plan leading to the
privatisation of the power sector.
*Guaranteed the independence
of the Judiciary through
appointment of CJN and JCA on
the basis of seniority.
*Guaranteed a more
independent Legislature this
putting an end to imposition of
the leadership of the House from
the Executive. *Guaranteed
credible elections through the
introduction of PVC and Card
Reader Machines. *Improve the
quality and security of the
National Identity Card which can
now be used like an ATM for the
payment for goods and services.
* U also Guaranteed 35%
affirmative action for women
with the unprecedented
appointment of 16 Ministers and
11 Ambassadors etc. *Refused
the violation of the moral fabric
of the Nigerian society even in
the face of international pressure
by refusing to legalise same sex
marriage and gay. *Through the
support of Nigerian, Mr.
President GEJ destroyed the grip
of Ebola and immediately
coordinated the war against
Ebola and other countries came
to ask how we did it. *Under
Goodluck Jonathan, polio was
reduced and by next year, like
Ebola the WHO will declare
Nigeria polio free. *Life
expectancy rate has increased
while Infant and maternal
mortality rate dropped. * Also
The Agricultural Transformation
Agenda has helped increase the
availability of food and food
security. No wonder the
December season didn't affect
prices of food stuff. Again even
with the drop in the crude oil
earnings, inflation only rose by
0.2%. *Under Goodluck Jonathan,
the economy of Nigeria became
number 27 globally and it is on
the path to become the 20th best
economy in 2020. *GEJ made
Nigeria Best and biggest
economy in Africa and one of the
highest destination of global for
FDI. *When he started cassava
bread they mocked him. Today
we are topping the chat in
cassava export. *The Automotive
industry is back again. *Removed
subsidy and established SURE-P.
*Established YouWin and GWin
thus creating employment and
empowerment for the youths. *
Fighting corruption at the port,
fertiliser and ghost workers and
pensioners. N200 billion saved.
*Fighting corruption starts with
free information. The Freedom of
information Act was passed into
Law. * Procured 4 warships for
the Navy. This is unprecedented.
The Military had no equipment
but with the arrival of new war
planes and ammunition, * The
government has reconstructed
the several airports in Nigeria.
Goodluck Nigeria I/We will miz U
Goodluck.

Well said, d price of rice wz same during last xmas...(for the first time in my area).

Nigeria now grow rice all year round due to d agric reforms.

...unfortunate he didnt pay much attention to security...datz y he lost.

Long live Nigeria

Gej is a good man
Gmb is a general with gud intentions 2...

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 1:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Justfollowit:

Nice one

But....

You failed to tell us whether or not that same law is above amendment or repeal. angry
Amend and repeal it and watch yourselves become a laughing stock.

You think Jonathan left because he can't sustain any form of violence and economic sabotage that would plunge your freeloading oshofree states into chaos with the Nigerian economy on a life support ?

Wake up my friend ,this is a new dawn......Tell your freeloading peeps to do the right thing.

How much does it cost to run a state on equity,justice ,equality and fairness?

You're educated and I believe you understood me well,so stop dreaming like an average teenage girl.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by donJ2(m): 1:47am On Apr 02, 2015
deesad2002:

I wonder d planet u r frm....it must b pluto....

This poo u just posted is out of dis world, i hv never seen a dumber post on NL

Infact this ur post is the 'Dumbest post of d day'

I will create a thread for posts like this tagged 'Dumbest posts on NL'

Smh

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by chiedu7: 1:48am On Apr 02, 2015
Zimbabweans Dont be fooled.

There is no violence becos the violent party won.

The last election was violent becos the losers are violent.

This time around the losers are not violent, hence no violence

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Menace2Society(m): 2:35am On Apr 02, 2015
LAX89:

Only in Yoruba land do they give up or surrender like that, Yoruba people are used to giving up and surrendering to go home and dance owambe (they killed abiola, Ige, Williams etc.), and yorubas just said "IPA PIN", went home and danced owambe and raped their wives, so I understand you. Other people NEVER give up, Jonathan only chose to do the right and honourable thing.
Mumu chest beater!Who fought for this Democracy most!under age who no sabi history!Ijaw slaves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu / Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid / Final Result For Abia State Governorship Election. INEC DECLARE PDP WINNER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.