Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone (14033 Views)

Man Burnt To Death At Alaba Rago Park For Stealing Phone - Pictures / Boy Whose Hand Was Cut Off For Stealing Phone In Delta Caught Stealing Again / Soldier Tortures Man Who Was Accused Of Stealing Phone In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by dridowu: 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Abuja - A Kado Area Court, Grade 1 in Abuja, on Wednesday ordered one Peter Bassey to be given 10 strokes of the cane for stealing a BlackBerry phone.

The Judge, Abubakar Sadiq, found Bassey guilty, after the accused pleaded guilty to a one-count charge of stealing.

Sadiq, however, warned Bassey to stay away from crime after he might have received his punishment.

The Judge said that he might not be lenient with the convict, if brought before him in future for a similar offence.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Cpl. Friday Idi, told the court that one Helen John of War College, on March 9, reported the case of theft at the Gwarimpa Police Station, Gwarimpa Estate, Abuja.

He said that the accused entered John’s shop in Gwarimpa and stole her BlackBerry Cell Phone valued at N35 000.

Idi said the offence contravened Section 287 of the Penal Code.
- NAN

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Man-to-be-flogged-10-times-for-stealing-phone-20150402
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
He needs it. A thorough 1 for that matter, that thiefing spirit need to go wypo like hypo..

2 Likes

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wahala dey...in this modern day Nigeria, person still dey chop koboko.

Abeg let every one enjoy this new change and civilization. Lock him up for 2 months instead.

sorry, i said 2 months, i meant 2 years.
This is the kind of change we are talking about. A better Nigeria without stealing and corruption.
35k no be small money biko. You fit use am do better thing no matter how small.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
10 lashes is not enough

1 Like

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by CR77(f): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hahaha sharia law don start oo

Na the change be this

Why not 50 strokes

grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
Lols.....really funny but he deserves more than that
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by MaleoPearls(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
Better.

They should use that fulani cane so that the scares would remind him next time the thought of pilfery sets in.
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by ozoigbondu: 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
At least he was not sentenced to death like one judge in osun did or burnt in d street..... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Mr man take am

3 Likes

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
This are the kind of things we are to see in this gmb tenure

5 Likes

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by LewisO: 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
10 ke or 100 lashes (op).

Em get luck say no be 4 Iraq e happen.

1 Like

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
little by little we can now C dat buhari wants to turn dis country to an islamic country, hm hm d judge is even a moslem dats y he had d autonomy 2 gv such stupid order bcaus dats wat they do in other islam countries. this is just the begining of buhari's dictatorship in Nigeria, wat pains me are the yorubas that betrayed their true friends which are the south south and south east.

1 Like 1 Share

See as dem wan saudi d guy
Islam!
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
This are the kind of things we are to see in this gmb tenure

Are you also a thief? Why are you nervous?

2 Likes

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by aristocrazzy: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Not bad compared to when he is burnt to death inside tyres and stoned

1 Like

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by 5p1naz(m): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
grin 10 strokes for 35k ..

Ooya let's do the maths for Jonathan and his administration. ..

1 Like

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by ddaammyy(f): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Funny but realistic.
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by ramdris(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Wahala dey...in this modern day Nigeria, person still dey chop koboko.

Abeg let every one enjoy this new change and civilization. Lock him up for 2 months instead.
So u prefer the guy being locked up than receiving 10 lashes of cane? You will surely make a very bad Judge.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by paranorman(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
flogged ke? i though this type of punishment is particular to sharia laws or so.. undecided

very fair judgment, dude should thank his stars.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by holajhdeee(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
Lol
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by bunmioguns(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
grin
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
Mtschew. He won't learn any lesson with just lashes.
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
kalindaminda:

Are you also a thief? Why are you nervous?
Gmb is the thief.karma will never forgive north and west for conspiring against GEJ

3 Likes 1 Share

onyedikachukwue:

Gmb is the thief.karma will never forgive north and west for conspiring against GEJ
I presume you're human, so why you sound like an ape is truly beyond me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by VickyRotex(f): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
10 ke Warrapen to 1 month in prison

Oh they are rejuvenating our prisons, I remember now undecided
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nimblemind(m): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
10 only?
As i sabi chop cane, e be like say i go begin .....
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by skullbaba: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
I am in support of coporal purnishment like lee kuan yew the late singapore leader said it causes no harm but straighten us. He should be purnished in public view and glare, so that people will see him and he will be ashamed of himself

1 Like

Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION

SET HIM FREE
Re: Man To Be Flogged 10 Times For Stealing Phone by niceguy7(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Call me let me add my own rounds.... angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baby Sells For N20K In Eastern Nigeria - Vanguard / Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story / Taiwo ! Another Big Shame To Nigeria ( Picture Attached )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.