Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University (42255 Views)

Team Oau Leaves Golden Benchmark At Bowen University / The Bad Welfare Condition Of Students In OAU (Photos) / Counter Topic: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by omololu2020(m): 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
WIZGUY69:
takes a can of orijin.
crosses leg.
oya. let the actions begin. cool

Modified : The bad side is more than the good side, so why paying that whooping amount of many coz u want to go to jail.

BTW. thought Obj owns Bowen though?
nah baptist church get bowen univ

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
I was offered their admission last two years but because of religion I didn't accept
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Danieltheone(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
I love BOWEN UNIVERSITY. The best school you can ever get in Nigeria. I don't believe there can ever be a better institution in Nigeria.

This guy is just lying please don't allow him to brainwash you. That OP or whatever is a liar.

People like this make people have a bad impression about private universities and change their course. Almost fell victim of brainwashers like this.

Thank God I am in BOWEN.

4 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by suleiman419(m): 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Compared to A B U ZARIA bowen na primary school Oooo,I can't study there .
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by nosike3(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
tooltip:
cheesy, lmao @ diazepam,which campus were you in?....okpa di oku was one's saving grace, my mum even drilled me on taking okpa for breakfast just as she did while she was in uni, lol
I stayed at Nsukka Campus na!! Stayed in alvan hostel my first year!! Then odenigwe became my haven!
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by toshmann(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dapo777:
I got admission at bowen university in 2012, the joy and anxiety was still there and all that. I was warned that I won't like the school that they are too strict but I stubbornly refused to listen,thinking I would survive anything.

I was disappointed when I discovered this things about Bowen university. Luckily I got admitted into ui and ran for my dear life.

1)Religion is more important than education. Every students must attend chapel service every Tuesday,Thursday,and twice on Sunday at specific times, and its compulsory for all students regardless of your religion.
If you try to skip any chapel service,you would be suspended for a semester.

2)Your dress style is more important than your character.
-You can't wear jeans
-You can't wear 3/4 trousers
-You can't keep afro hair style
-You can't use handband
-You must be in complete shirt and tie and plain trousers to class

3)You can't decide when to eat.
There is a food time table for all students,if u miss morning food time table,no food for you in the morning again because all cafetarials would close when its past the time for eating. Same with afternoon and night food.

4)You can't stay outside at night.
You dare not be found outside your hostel anytime from 7:30pm. Every student would be sent back to their hostel once its 7:30pm, and by 9pm u can't be found outside your room.

5)Compulsory devotions for everyone.
By 6am you would be woken up for a 30 minutes devotion(singing and praising) and every 10pm you would be sent out of your room for 30 minutes devotion every single day including Sundays.

6)You can't leave the school compounds without applying for visa.
First of all,you can't go outside the school compound for any other reasons than to visit the bank for withdrawal or payment. And you must write a letter to the hall supervisor,who would read your letter (reasons why you want to go out) and he would sign it,and then you will take the letter to the student's affairs unit where they also read the letter and give u a paper where u write Ur name and department and date of departure,this paper you will then take to a woman in charge of the gates,who collects it and ask you to write your name on a list she then gives you a tally that you show to the gate man who would then allow you out. Maximum of 1 hour can be spent outside the school,later than that, and you could be purnished.

7)You must make 80% of class attendance before you would be allowed to do exam. Class attendance marking is always done.

coolThey give holiday assignment and you must submit it on resumption.

9)The cost of living there is very high,because the sellers know we can't go outside school easily.

10)The hostel that they are paying 120k for ,is in a terrible state,dirty toilets,slippery varenda,stinky environment. Mosquitoes nko? Wahala. 8 students per room for 120k per session.

The good things I liked about bowen university

1)The girls their are very naive and easy to get, they are desperate to have boyfriend because they are leaving their father's house for the first time. The ratio of females to males is 7:1. Same thing with young female food sellers at cafetarials,because you are a bowenite,they assume you are very rich,so they open up easily to you.

2)You can sell anything at any price if you know your way. Most Students there are from very rich families,so if you have an item,let's say a gold chain,and you know how to hype and market it ,you can sell fake gold chain for 50k, they have the money, but not all of them are gullible oo.

3)Their new library is very beautiful and ultra modern,fully airconditioned and strong internet access if you have the rj45 cable.

4)The chapel too is quite beautiful and fully airconditioned.

And this not a joke. Go there and witness it yourself.

Abeg na where this university dey? cheesy
I want to return home and contribute to the new nigeria under Buhari. I can be a visiting professor, free of charge. cool
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by nosike3(m): 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
feran14:

no need to be a di.ck. he did not specify. he just plainly said private schools..
ni99a called me a dick! grin now you've got my attention! Yours is even worst!! You currently attend covenant!! Heard you get wiped by your lecturers for not passing in an assignment! grin and you can get expelled for having shoki on your playlist instead of Don moen? lipsrsealed
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by pomide(m): 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Stoopid School smiley ...no wonder one of my sec school female collegue who graduated 2013 stiill looks n behaves like a kid smiley LCU makes better sense
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Missmossy(f): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
Eeyah, not everyone can withstand that. It helps in the long run if you ain't forced to do all that is considered mandatory. You could be highly principled too and can easily adjust to unpleasant situations for some graduates of private schools.

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by thelastgenius: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dapo777:
I got admission at bowen university in 2012, the joy and anxiety was still there and all that. I was warned that I won't like the school that they are too strict but I stubbornly refused to listen,thinking I would survive anything.

I was disappointed when I discovered this things about Bowen university. Luckily I got admitted into ui and ran for my dear life.

1)Religion is more important than education. Every students must attend chapel service every Tuesday,Thursday,and twice on Sunday at specific times, and its compulsory for all students regardless of your religion.

-You can't wear jeans
-You can't use handband

There is a food time table for all students,if u miss morning food time table,no food for you in the morning again because all cafetarials would close when its past the time for eating. Same with afternoon and night food.

You dare not be found outside your hostel anytime from 7:30pm. Every student would be sent back to their hostel once its 7:30pm, and by 9pm u can't be found outside your room.

By 6am you would be woken up for a 30 minutes devotion(singing and praising) and every 10pm you would be sent out of your room for 30 minutes devotion every single day including Sundays.

First of all,you can't go outside the school compound for any other reasons than to visit the bank for withdrawal or payment. And you must write a letter to the hall supervisor,who would read your letter (reasons why you want to go out) and he would sign it,and then you will take the letter to the student's affairs unit where they also read the letter and give u a paper where u write Ur name and department and date of departure,this paper you will then take to a woman in charge of the gates,who collects it and ask you to write your name on a list she then gives you a tally that you show to the gate man who would then allow you out. Maximum of 1 hour can be spent outside the school,later than that, and you could be purnished.

7)You must make 80% of class attendance before you would be allowed to do exam. Class attendance marking is always done.

9)The cost of living there is very high,because the sellers know we can't go outside school easily.

10)The hostel that they are paying 120k for ,is in a terrible state,dirty toilets,slippery varenda,stinky environment. Mosquitoes nko? Wahala. 8 students per room for 120k per session.

1)The girls their are very naive and easy to get, they are desperate to have boyfriend because they are leaving their father's house for the first time. The ratio of females to males is 7:1. Same thing with young female food sellers at cafetarials,because you are a bowenite,they assume you are very rich,so they open up easily to you.

2)You can sell anything at any price if you know your way. Most Students there are from very rich families,so if you have an item,let's say a gold chain,and you know how to hype and market it ,you can sell fake gold chain for 50k, they have the money, but not all of them are gullible oo.

3)Their new library is very beautiful and ultra modern,fully airconditioned and strong internet access if you have the rj45 cable.

Sooo since 2012 your brain just dey load ehh??... Impressive

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by 2Cents: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by jbl007(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dapo777:

-You can't wear jeans
-You can't use handband

@op...sharrraaap. U cn lie for Africa. I finished from Bowen just last year(Knight set)...You exaggerated most of this claims jor. 80% class attendance, deciding wat to eat, holiday assignment, 7.30 hostel ultimatum and ur oda faboos. The new VC(Matthew Ojo) wanted to implement some insane rules but afta the riot on the 20th of March 2014,,he had no choice but to calm down. There are better ways of seeking publicity than running ur mouth abt an institution u barely attended. Maybe dem even expel u sef,,wey u con dey jam-talk for here. HAIL ALMA-MATA,,HAIL BOWEN UNIVERSITY!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by seangy4konji: 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ok.
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by pretydiva(f): 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
klevajey:

pm me ur number
huh
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
lol, odenigwe should be calmer now....you remember the okpa woman @ Eni njoku?.... cheesy, na we dey queue up wella, santa @ simons place, kalus indomie were alternatives......i moved to junior staff quarters, fulton avenue and ezeopi street afterward
nosike3:
I stayed at Nsukka Campus na!! Stayed in alvan hostel my first year!! Then odenigwe became my haven!
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ayaraya nko?.. cheesy....let's PM
Glowww:

Lols
Still doing that tho.
No Lion or Lioness complete without a taste of Okpa.
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by fairytale(f): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Emodeee: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Missmossy:
Eeyah, not everyone can withstand that. It helps in the long run if you ain't forced to do all that is considered mandatory. You could be highly principled too and can easily adjust to unpleasant situations for some graduates of private schools.

u r a student of which school?
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by daintyprincess(f): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bros abeg take it easy oooo,I entered the same year u entered and most of the things u wrote in ur post I never experienced it like u over staying ur exeat,I avavpent more than two hours outside without any wahal. They do parole till 9 nowadays. Devotion is not compulsory like that,since I resumed second semester av never gone for morning devotion. Three quarter is allowed in d evening. U don't av to bad belle d school abi dem expel u?

3 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Antanananovic: 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
GodMode:

Having all the degrees in the world means nothing if u don't put your knowledge to use and if u don't have passion for it...

Thanks bro..I appreciate your piece of advice
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by nosike3(m): 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
tooltip:
lol, odenigwe should be calmer now....you remember the okpa woman @ Eni njoku?.... cheesy, na we dey queue up wella, santa @ simons place, kalus indomie were alternatives......i moved to junior staff quarters, fulton avenue and ezeopi street afterward
memories bro!! Heard 11:45,coke villa and suv were long demolished! I graduated 2011 before heading to unilag.
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Mhztee(f): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=dulux07 post=32304153]I really enjoyed my stay in bowen, i ve lived in a fed uni n state uni bfor moving to bowen, i still prefer bowen, i heard d new vc changed d rules bringing discomfort to d students, whch led to d riot.
During my days olagbemiro was d vc , n then

cafeterias opens rm 7am n close 10pm, u can go to d cafe anytim u want

U can remain in campus till 9pm, n outside hostel til 10.30pm.

Wed mornin n sunday mornin r d most strict chapel days, others r jst fun, mostly servin as rendevous for some.

U can put on jeans, 3/4 after school hrs n weekends(i.e rm 4pm), ladies can put on trousers on weekends(sport things)

At lis 70% attendence to write exams, as well as cost of living is high.. true.

U can put on hand bands. Always on tie, compulsory devotions r rules dat r not effective.

D only issue we heard then was water supply, which was a big prob cos d sch is located on a rocky land, scarcity of water at times makes d hostel n toilets dirty.

I tell u bowen is d most liberal xtian university in nigeria. Dont know abt now tho, cos of d new VC.

Hmmm...people and lies sha.The new vc did not change anything.Why are you spoiling the image of the school bah

2 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
men that shiii is real, all them chilling out places were wiped out ...even kitchen too, the place with mud huts and afro setting that sold good food....we managed to keep up.....i was in engineering faculty, we might crossed paths.I used to configure phones @ eni njoku in my freshman and sophomore years
nosike3:
memories bro!! Heard 11:45,coke villa and suv were long demolished! I graduated 2011 before heading to unilag.
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Mhztee(f): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
[]The guy is just running his mouth
Big fat liar mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by dulux07(m): 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=Mhztee post=32316433][/quote]

Learn to read n understand before commenting. undecided undecided
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Gbajabiamila1: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
fairytale:
lolz
#IHateBowen
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Adeola29(f): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
5p1naz:
tongue I'm happy for you OP for going to another school. I think it's high time Nigerians understand somethings. BOWEN is privately owned and they have their policies. It is your responsibility to read thoroughly what their policies are before you go there. Not go there and moan about the policies.
I do not support their policies nor that of covenant and co. But they didnt force you to buy their form and even if they did, you had a choice to accept or decline their admission offer.
God bless U for this comment
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by torch01(m): 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
My siblings from another mother: you don't conclude a matter by listening to one side of a story because half truth is disastrous than a lie. Getting the other part of this story in question means either meeting the product of the school or subjecting yourself to research by going there.
Those that speak ill and erroneously about some schools: what test have you carried out to confirm your notion. What do you mean by saying a school is 'glorified sec sch.,' is it in terms of infrastructure or what; but if its academics then you're wrong. I'm proud of schools in Nigeria. if you're well grounded its not as a result of the institution you attended but You.

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by jbl007(m): 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
daintyprincess:
Bros abeg take it easy oooo,I entered the same year u entered and most of the things u wrote in ur post I never experienced it like u over staying ur exeat,I avavpent more than two hours outside without any wahal. They do parole till 9 nowadays. Devotion is not compulsory like that,since I resumed second semester av never gone for morning devotion. Three quarter is allowed in d evening. U don't av to bad belle d school abi dem expel u?
e go better for u jare...which department u dey beta pikin? I finished from Biochem.

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Femifresh(m): 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Antanananovic:
I couldn't stop the smile that appeared on my face when I read all you wrote up there because I can relate with some of them. They were what I had to deal with for four years..I graduated in 2011/viable set.

is it the night paroles@ laosebikan hall or Nlt and the delicious fried rice at munches. The annoying long queue at Skye bank atm machine is even better compared to the one at the tap at boys hostel. And usually on Sunday, after church service, the small shopping complex at the back of the boys hostel (p.s I think there is a new one now close to the faculty of agriculture) is usually "overflooded" because they had and sold the best "moin moin" in school.

Bowen University had notorious students who were infamous for many nefarious activities. A student, who had psychological problems, has burgled the vault of sterling Bank and carted away with a lot of money in a "Ghana must go" bag. Another punched a school staff in the face and beat him up. He was sent to OYO to cool his heels. There are so many of them which served as talking points and gossip for students. lest I forget, a girl was gangbänged by many guys during summer school. Somehow, the management got to know and stormed the guys hostel on a Sunday morning. I was told that all the guys in the hostel were asked to form a queue and the so called girl started picking the guys that were responsible. it was really crazy and quite unfortunate that the guys involved were final year students. Most of them were expelled..

You brought me memories and I savour the good experiences that I had there even though there are a lot of bad eggs there

nah my set u dey sef.... n ow set nah him Mk Bowen become dungeon nah....lolz
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by emmasege: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Iphesure212:

Im not surprised cos dis is coming from a private university student
You assumed everyone on nairaland is a kid like u? I graduated from UI some 14 yrs ago. Guess u were just starting primary school at that time.
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
nosike3:
ni99a called me a dick! grin now you've got my attention! Yours is even worst!! You currently attend covenant!! Heard you get wiped by your lecturers for not passing in an assignment! grin and you can get expelled for having shoki on your playlist instead of Don moen? lipsrsealed

shoki.. maybe. flogged for assignments, you heard wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Depression: Kogi Teacher Commits Suicide Over Poor Welfare / Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers Pdf Free Download (1960 Till Date) / Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.