Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. (24386 Views)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

I don't think I am, am I? grin

I will let you decide,not giving you any clue... tongue tongue
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

I will let you decide,not giving you any clue... tongue tongue
The suspense you're keeping me and every other person wishing to see the face hidden on there is obviously working. gringrin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

The suspense you're keeping me and every other person wishing to see the face hidden on there is obviously working. gringrin

lol I am not certain that i will ever show my face here tongue tongue
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

Anger is really something that does a lot of damage if not handled properly, it's even worse for people with total or borderline narcissistic personality.

Once both are kept under control, patience and tolerance becomes an inevitable outcome.

As always, I have never implied that there are no troublesome and insensitive MILs but it's not something that should result in verbal or physical exchange... certainly not!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Life they say is beautiful,we only live it once.

4 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tayour it is well,you are a strong woman.

I don't think it was necessary to write about your personal life,you do not owe anybody any explanation as everybody here is not perfect.

There will always be people who will not like you,the best you can do is to ignore.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
@Taryour

Wow! sad sad

I don't even have the words to describe the emotions that reading this has evoked in me... Wow!

It is well. I just know that in the long run, the truly good people always get their reward.

And you shouldn't let the negative vibe from some posters get to you, I could see from your replies that you were trying to keep it calm.
Stay true to yourself ma'am. smiley

I chose not to quote your post, in case you decide to delete it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 10:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:
@Taryour

Wow! sad sad

I don't even have the words to describe the emotions that reading this has evoked in me... Wow!

It is well. I just know that in the long run, the truly good people always get their reward.

And you shouldn't let the negative vibe from some posters get to you, I could see from your replies that you were trying to keep it calm.

things don happen for this world!
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
coogar:

As in eh...
That's a really sad story mehn.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:
@Taryour

Wow! sad sad

Yes bro and thanks for not quoting me, I will definitely delete it soon. I just needed to let few women here know that for a lot of ppl,growing up wasn't rosy at all and because of that life did not end life continued.

I try my best to post to much onb niraland or insult anyone. All what I went through made me a very aggressive person and stubborn. My anger is bomb and I have learnt how to control my anger.

having my own business has also taught me a lot,to be patient and tolerant.

My hubby has made a whole lot of impact in my life and I adore him.

My MOTHER inlaw is a gift. I LOVE HER with my life.

My kids have taught me a lot as well.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

I don't think it was necessary to write about your personal life,you do not owe anybody any explanation as everybody here is not perfect.

There will always be people who will not like you,the best you can do is to ignore.

No one attacked her, she did the attacking.

Next time I act shitty and people call me out, I shall type a sob story so I can appear innocent. FOH!

I don't understand how disagreeing with someone's opinion equals "negative vibe".

@taryour: I'm so sorry for what your mom had to go through. Thank God she is getting her reward on earth.

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
Awwww...wipe em tears Sis taryour....it is well sweetie kiss
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tayour your story is very touching and one thing I've learnt from my experience growing up is to never let my past affect my future. To make the best of every situation I find myself in and hope for the best. But with humility and patience.

I applaud you for holding your mother's morals and with class. That's not the case for some people, they'll be bitter for life.

And for those talking about emotional treshold, if your stimuli can restrain you when your parents slapped/ say hurtful words to you then it is achieveable to other older adults in your life.

Violence never pays.

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 10:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

@taryour: I'm so sorry for what your mom had to go through. Thank God she is getting her reward on earth.

This is more like it-nice...

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 10:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

ONE LOVE my sister. Lots of Hug for you ma.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 10:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
@crackaus go to bed grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
coogar:

If I hear grin Mmmm

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
taryour:

ONE LOVE my sister. Lots of Hug for you ma.

((hugs)) kiss kiss
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 10:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
Happy Easter yall grin

(((Hugs Tayour))))

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 10:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
taryour:

Yes bro and thanks for not quoting me, I will definitely delete it soon. I just needed to let few women here know that for a lot of ppl,growing up wasn't rosy at all and because of that life did not end life continued.

I try my best to post to much onb niraland or insult anyone. All what I went through made me a very aggressive person and stubborn. My anger is bomb and I have learnt how to control my anger.

having my own business has also taught me a lot,to be patient and tolerant.

My hubby has made a whole lot of impact in my life and I adore him.

My MOTHER inlaw is a gift. I LOVE HER with my life.

My kids have taught me a lot as well.
Anger is really something that does a lot of damage if not handled properly, it's even worse for people with total or borderline narcissistic personality.

Once both are kept under control, patience and tolerance becomes an inevitable outcome.

As always, I too have never implied that there are no troublesome and insensitive MILs but it's not something that should result in verbal or physical exchange... certainly not!

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 10:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Awwww...wipe em tears Sis taryour....it is well sweetie kiss

so idowu sabi kiss?

Ewuro4:

If I hear grin Mmmm

unfortunately, a lot of people let it destroy them. paranoia ceases them and they think everyone is after them to repeat what they might have suffered in the past. it's a crazy world out there.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 10:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ewuro4:
Happy Easter yall grin

(((Hugs Tayour))))

Plenty hugs for you omo iya mi. Have a wonderful easter celebration ma.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Coogar, leave me o angry angry grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:
@crackaus go to bed grin
About to actually.

Hope you're coming?
I've dimmed the lights already... grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 10:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Coogar, leave me o angry angry grin

what part of your body am i holding? you no go invite me for your easter party or you think i wouldn't hear about it?
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bennyrazz: 10:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
@taryour I only read bits of your story, I couldnt read further cuz I don't just know. pls just delete it. It's obvious you are a good person and most people can see that from a mile so you don't have to prove anything to anybody. There are so many stray dogs on NL who may want to capitalise or use your story to hurt you. I or most reasonable people here would not want to see that. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

About to actually.

Hope you're coming?
I've dimmed the lights already... grin

grin grin grin

night night
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
bennyrazz:
@taryour I only read bits of your story, I couldnt read further cuz I don't just know. pls just delete it. It's obvious you are a good person and most people can see that from a mile so you don't have to prove anything to anybody. There are so many stray rabid dogs on NL who may want to capitalise or use your story to hurt you. I or most reasonable people here would not want to see that. Shalom

fixed!

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
bennyrazz:
@taryour I only read bits of your story, I couldnt read further cuz I don't just know. pls just delete it. It's obvious you are a good person and most people can see that from a mile so you don't have to prove anything to anybody. There are so many stray dogs on NL who may want to capitalise or use your story to hurt you. I or most reasonable people here would not want to see that. Shalom

True!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bennyrazz: 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
coogar:

fixed!
yes ooooo grin grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 10:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

As always, I have never implied that there are no troublesome and insensitive MILs but it's not something that should result in verbal or physical exchange... certainly not!

Life they say is beautiful,we only live it once.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by damiso(f): 10:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
E- kisses Taryoyr kiss kiss
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 10:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
taryour:

Plenty hugs for you omo iya mi. Have a wonderful easter celebration ma.

You too ma. Enjoy your life. It's your turn to shine. grin

Coogar, I hear you jare.

#watching blood diamond ( 'off the record I like to get kissed before I get fked huh? ' -L.Decarprio grin)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Minna After 17 Years (Photo) / Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child / Missing 3-year Old Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.