Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. (24410 Views)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by cococandy(f): 12:16am On Apr 05, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Lolz...you ehn? Issorai. Kontunu u hear? make i shift go left for you o...Coco de la warrior grin

Not fighting hun.
Only calling bull where I see it.

Happy Easter.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Idowuogbo(f): 12:19am On Apr 05, 2015
cococandy:

Not fighting hun.
Only calling bull where I see it.

Happy Easter.
hmmm...ok o....

Happy easter iyawo oga smiley
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by shrekandfiona: 12:20am On Apr 05, 2015
Timbuktou:
Taryour, I didn't read this story of yours, but I think you're either brave or silly? This nairaland that women will literally eat another woman alive? Ask Debrief and Mutter. Someone already said there are stray dogs here and, I assure you, they have rabies.

Good luck o.
Lol cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Stillfire: 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Is a DIL justified in retaliating after being hit? 100% yes. In a law court, MIL should be in jail by now squatting with lesbians that would be giving her dirty slaps, DIL will plead self defense. The law is reason free from passion. Your desires or sentiments can never override reason.

A woman keeping quiet does not mean she is NOT releasing the bitterness elsewhere, most likely unto the housemaid especially, gateman, or driver. #Passiveaggression grin

7 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Parisfran(f): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2015
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2015
edwife:

Chill can't feel my legs,i do abs routine but meh this jillian is a beast...

My dear, I walk like a duck now after doing sprinting . Then added 18min of that video. cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 11:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Chillisauce:

My dear, I walk like a duck now after doing sprinting . Then added 18min of that video. cheesy

Lol @ duck....

After 3 days everything will be normal,i am now used to it... cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
I do agree with doing your very best to please your MIL but the burden of maintaining peace does not rest on the shoulders of DIL alone. If you've seen the movie JUMPING THE BROOM you will understand the angle I am coming from.

Sabrina is a sweet little girl who means no harm, but Jason's mother is on the edge always thinking she wants to snatch her son from him.
Jason's mother almost succeeds in ruining his sons marriage and happiness till Jason has to put her in her place by HIMSELF.

That said, the man bears majority of the work if he wants peace, the wife must know her place and the mother must know her place without bringing his marriage to ruins

As a man, if your wife and mother can't get along amicably, its your fault.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
If my memory serves me correctly there was thread where a father bought his daughter a car and guys were bringing down the roof claiming buying a car for his own daughter is disrespectful on her husband.
The man in the other thread said his mum slapped his wife first and you guys don't see anything wrong with it but you see all shades of wrong when a father buys a car for his daughter. Talk about the height of hypocrisy and double standards. SMH severally!!!

NOTE: both MIL and wife in the other thread are disrespectful by the way and if the wife had thrown the first punch I would have been in support of throwing her out, but in this case, old mama threw the first punch so she got served what she deserved.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by pickabeau1: 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
I watched one film

nnem onye Olu n I now see why the stereotype of wicked mil continues to thrive

This film n many like it have shaped the mind of many to just harbour hate for their mil

Nollywood n telemundo.....affecting women's minds since 1960
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
pickabeau1:
I watched one film

nnem onye Olu n I now see why the stereotype of wicked mil continues to thrive

This film n many like it have shaped the mind of many to just harbour hate for their mil

Nollywood n telemundo.....affecting women's minds since 1960
movies are not responsible for the hate most people hv for their mil, it happens for real n I hv seen it life, the onus is on the spouse whose parent the inlaw is to put his/her offending parent in check.
Its not only MIL that are insufferable, some FIL are like that too. Sometimes its nt only the Man's mother, it could even be the woman's mother that is constantly a thorn in the flesh of couples.

Their was a time my maternal grandma was having issues with my uncles wife constantly. I am very close to the said woman and I've stayed long periods with her severally, we got along fine.
This same woman who seemed nice to everyone couldn't get along fine with grandma cos my grandma will always find faults.
Mind you, I have only 2uncles, granny doesn't like any of the wives. Is it a mere coincidence? Or are both wives bad? I have visited these women severally and I don't see anything wrong with them.

Some MIL's are just like that, no woman is ever good enough for their son, but their daughters are always the best thing that can happen to any man.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by pickabeau1: 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
jadelyn007:
movies are not responsible for the hate most people hv for their mil, it happens for real n I hv seen it life, the onus is on the spouse whose parent the inlaw is to put his/her offending parent in check.
Its not only MIL that are insufferable, some FIL are like that too. Sometimes its nt only the Man's mother, it could even be the woman's mother that is constantly a thorn in the flesh of couples.

Their was a time my maternal grandma was having issues with my uncles wife constantly. I am very close to the said woman and I've stayed long periods with her severally, we got along fine.
This same woman who seemed nice to everyone couldn't get along fine with grandma cos my grandma will always find faults.
Mind you, I have only 2uncles, granny doesn't like any of the wives. Is it a mere coincidence? Or are both wives bad? I have visited these women severally and I don't see anything wrong with them.

Some MIL's are just like that, no woman is ever good enough for their son, but their daughters are always the best thing that can happen to any man.

OK..let's go along on your tangent
So how was the issue resolved
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by lilmax(m): 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
jadelyn007:

NOTE: both MIL and wife in the other thread are disrespectful by the way and if the wife had thrown the first punch I would have been in support of throwing her out, but in this case, old mama threw the first punch so she got served what she deserved.
patiently waiting for you to say the same when it involves a man and a woman cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Idowuogbo:

WE?! shocked shocked

why i'm buying a wig when i can just do a stop over at edwife's to pick up her Friday night showstopper number. We recycle,baby! grin

#bringbackmywig angry angry tongue
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2015
lilmax:
patiently waiting for you to say the same when it involves a man and a woman cool
yes, the same goes for a man and a woman, if the woman threw the first punch at the man and she gets broken teeth in return, she asked for it. If the man threw the first punch and then gets a knife stab in return, he asked for it.

God gave humans the ability to communicate by speech, if you cannot express your displeasure verbally and therefore chose to go violent, then don't be surprised when the other person goes violent too. This isn't a gender issue, stop making it gender based

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 7:41am On Apr 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK..let's go along on your tangent
So how was the issue resolved
she doesn't visit, n even when she does (that is like once in 2 or 3yrs) she doesn't spend more than a week. That way the women don't have to tolerate her excesses for more than a week in 2-3yrs.

My uncles do all the visiting. She has other female kids she can visit as many times as she likes to.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by pickabeau1: 8:09am On Apr 07, 2015
jadelyn007:
she doesn't visit, n even when she does (that is like once in 2 or 3yrs) she doesn't spend more than a week. That way the women don't have to tolerate her excesses for more than a week in 2-3yrs.

My uncles do all the visiting. She has other female kids she can visit as many times as she likes to.

OK and you think this is the best way on this issue?
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 9:50am On Apr 07, 2015
jadelyn007:
If my memory serves me correctly there was thread where a father bought his daughter a car and guys were bringing down the roof claiming buying a car for his own daughter is disrespectful on her husband.

so which of the guys bringing down the roof suggested the husband should have slapped his FIL for buying a car for the wife? you people just bring up daft analogies that does not advance your point one jot.....

The man in the other thread said his mum slapped his wife first and you guys don't see anything wrong with it but you see all shades of wrong when a father buys a car for his daughter. Talk about the height of hypocrisy and double standards. SMH severally!!!

seeing shades of wrong when a father buys a car for his daughter is different altogether from slapping a father in law. stop muddying the waters and talk straight. no one said MIL & wifey cannot disagree every now & then, why should she even think of slapping her hubby's mother?

it then begs these questions - if the wife had been slapped by her own mother, would she have retaliated with a slap? if her mother had slapped her husband, would she have been happy if the husband had retaliated?

you need spiritual deliverance.......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
coogar:

so which of the guys bringing down the roof suggested the husband should have slapped his FIL for buying a car for the wife? you people just bring up daft analogies that does not advance your point one jot.....

seeing shades of wrong when a father buys a car for his daughter is different altogether from slapping a father in law. stop muddying the waters and talk straight. no one said MIL & wifey cannot disagree every now & then, why should she even think of slapping her hubby's mother?

it then begs these questions - if the wife had been slapped by her own mother, would she have retaliated with a slap? if her mother had slapped her husband, would she have been happy if the husband had retaliated?

you need spiritual deliverance.......
its not my fault you lack basic comprehension skills. The guy didn't say his wife slapped his mother, he said his mother slapped his wife because she refused him taking pictures of their baby dedication from the album.

Its surprising that your manhood feels threatened because your father-in-law bought your wife a car, what if it was a sound slap your father-in-law gave you like the second scenario I guess it would have been another story entirely.

Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heaven's

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK and you think this is the best way on this issue?
I don't know what you expected to hear but I have told you how we handled the situation and the arrangement worked perfectly well since no one had to go through hell just to please a fellow human. Life's too short to live miserably.

Its a win-win situation for everyone. Uncle doesn't have to settle quarels between wife n mum but still get to see mum n take care of her, wifey doesn't have to be bitter about grandma's presence, grandma doesn't have to feel irritated about wifey.

N.B: when you have a FIL that alway undermines your role as his daughters husband, feels n makes it obvious to you that you r not good enough, feel free to grovel and kiss his asssss all you want, nobody in the world has a problem with that. C'est fini

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by pickabeau1: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
OwKAY
Whatever rocks your boat

jadelyn007:
. C'est fini
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
lilmax:

For her to say that a woman deserves to be slapped back when she slaps a man?

It is a no brainer

What was she expecting?
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
jadelyn007:

I guess this is what really gets me pissed.

You know you behave to your daughter, you know how to treat her spouse (your SIL) so that she will have a happy home yet you do not know how to treat your son's wife (your DIL) because you think she is only the 'wife'
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
jadelyn007:
its not my fault you lack basic comprehension skills. The guy didn't say his wife slapped his mother, he said his mother slapped his wife because she refused him taking pictures of their baby dedication from the album.

you are a serial wankër!
so the bruises on the MIL's face was self-inflicted? how some of you vagrants manage to complete daily activities with your sübzero IQ baffles me.

Its surprising that your manhood feels threatened because your father-in-law bought your wife a car, what if it was a sound slap your father-in-law gave you like the second scenario I guess it would have been another story entirely.

i fear you have reached the zenith of moral & intellectual bankruptcy. you stupidly compared a husband that felt undermined because of the fact that his FIL bought the wifey a car without his consent to a wifey that got into a fisticuff with her MIL? you are a disgrace to the citadel of learning that graduated you.

Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heaven's

your stupidity in wattage would solve nigeria's electricity problem entirely. just kill yourself cos your foolishness might be highly contagious.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Sissie(f): 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
You can only control your actions and reactions.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

you are a serial wankër!
so the bruises on the MIL's face was self-inflicted? how some of you vagrants manage to complete daily activities with your sübzero IQ baffles me.

i fear you have reached the zenith of moral & intellectual bankruptcy. you stupidly compared a husband that felt undermined because of the fact that his FIL bought the wifey a car without his consent to a wifey that got into a fisticuff with her MIL? you are a disgrace to the citadel of learning that graduated you.

your stupidity in wattage would solve nigeria's electricity problem entirely. just kill yourself cos your foolishness might be highly contagious.
Your stupidity is classic, your father-in-law slaps the shit outta of you everyday I believe. You are a product of a failed society where you think its ok to go violent on someone who doesn't give you what you want.

FYI the fact that your DIL refused to give you pics from an album doesn't warrant a slap.
If nigeria were an ideal society, old woman would be chilling in prison by now for assault. How many times has grandma slapped her own erring adult daughters n what makes her think she has the right to slap someone else's child?

The earlier you cavemen learn to put your barbaric violent attribute which makes the white man see you as cannibals in check, the better for all of us.

Imbeciiiile!!!!

4 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 10:00am On Apr 08, 2015
jadelyn007:
Your stupidity is classic, your father-in-law slaps the shit outta of you everyday I believe. You are a product of a failed society where you think its ok to go violent on someone who doesn't give you what you want.

so much shyte comes outta your mouth, your shyte is jealous. look at you displaying the emotional maturity of a tooth brush - the thread talked about MIL & wifey fighting, what has that gotta do with a hubby being slapped by FIL. you would be hard pressed to see 2 men haranguing each other cos of photos. such pettiness are known to brainless animals.....like yourself.

FYI the fact that your DIL refused to give you pics from an album doesn't warrant a slap.
If nigeria were an ideal society, old woman would be chilling in prison by now for assault. How many times has grandma slapped her own erring adult daughters n what makes her think she has the right to slap someone else's child?

if nigeria was an ideal society, the 2 of them would be in jail. if nigeria was an ideal society, you would be a permanent resident of a mental institution.

The earlier you cavemen learn to put your barbaric violent attribute which makes the white man see you as cannibals in check, the better for all of us.

two women fought each other according to the OP but it's somehow the fault of the men? you have to be the most idiotïc member of this forum. white men see you as cannibals - as in, white men don't commit violent crimes? jadelyn or fückever morönic name you call yourself........if you marry a man like you, oki would produce cretins.

Imbeciiiile!!!!

disgusting cünt!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 11:03am On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

so much shyte comes outta your mouth, your shyte is jealous. look at you displaying the emotional maturity of a tooth brush - the thread talked about MIL & wifey fighting, what has that gotta do with a hubby being slapped by FIL. you would be hard pressed to see 2 men haranguing each other cos of photos. such pettiness are known to brainless animals.....like yourself.

if nigeria was an ideal society, the 2 of them would be in jail. if nigeria was an ideal society, you would be a permanent resident of a mental institution.

two women fought each other according to the OP but it's somehow the fault of the men? you have to be the most idiotïc member of this forum. white men see you as cannibals - as in, white men don't commit violent crimes? jadelyn or fückever morönic name you call yourself........if you marry a man like you, oki would produce cretins.

disgusting cünt!!
You are a slimy bastard. Did you do comprehension in high school or you spent your school time smoking cow dung.

He said wifey got into a fight with grandma because grandma slapped her for not give her pics from the album. This was the sequence of event dumbasss negro, granny slapped wifey FIRST, that was what made wifey get into fisticuffs with granny n gave her scratch marks. Thk goodness as nitwitted as you are, you know a pic is too petty to be slapping someone over

Now u big dunce tell me when last you got slapped because you didn't give something.

When last did granny slap her own kids for not giving her stuff and what makes her think she could slap/bully someone elses child and get away with it.

She got served what she deserved!

When next you big fool decide to throw a punch at someone else first like an uncivilised ape instead of expressing your displeasure verbally like an educated human, don't be surprised when u find yourself in the hospital with broken ribs.

When you behave like a civilised human, others will treat you like a civilised human, but you behave like an animal prepare to get the same treatment in equal measure.

By the way how many times have you refused people stuff and how many times have you being slapped for refusing to give someone stuff? Goat!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by jadelyn007(f): 11:15am On Apr 08, 2015
Ladies if his mother hates you on first meeting get some self esteem and walk or be prepared to swallow loads of slaps and bullshiit from her.

Avoid men whose mothers treat their own kids like eggs but are quick to slap another person's child for not kissing her ass.

Do not think she will change, it will only be hell till either of you drops dead.
Am all for treating people with respect and all but every nerve in body hates asssslicking.

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 11:30am On Apr 08, 2015
jadelyn007:
You are a slimy bastard. Did you do comprehension in high school or you spent your school time smoking cow dung.

if you look inwards, you would notice you are the one sounding like you smoked your pübic hair.

He said wifey got into a fight with grandma because grandma slapped her for not give her pics from the album. This was the sequence of event dumbasss negro, granny slapped wifey FIRST, that was what made wifey get into fisticuffs with granny n gave her scratch marks

it doesn't matter who slapped who first, you verminous cretin. the alleged culprit here is the MIL & thus the wifey should have restrained herself from slapping someone old enough to be her mother. that was why i asked you earlier that had the slap come from her own mother, would she have retaliated?

if you cannot cope with the pace of the discussion, please call someone who is more intellectually competent to do justice - you are struggling with logic. it's not your fault though - you missed certain proteins needed to develop you mentally. when you were a newborn, you weren't a baby - you were a pikin. grin

Now u big dunce tell me when last you got slapped because you didn't give something.

this is irrelevant.
stop colouring the discussion with your rank stüpidity.

When last did granny slap her own kids for not giving her stuff and what makes her think she could slap/bully someone elses child and get away with it. She got served what she deserved!

When next you big fool decide to throw a punch at someone else first like an uncivilised ape instead of expressing your displeasure verbally like an educated human, don't be surprised when u find yourself in the hospital with broken ribs.

what a hypocrite!
meanwhile, when men get physically abused by their partners, you expect him to be a man & not retaliate. "a real man" must not use his hands on a woman no matter the level of assault. kindly use that logic in this scenario too

When you behave like a civilised human, others will treat you like a civilised human, but you behave like an animal prepare to get the same treatment in equal measure.

you are a slowpoke.
a real wife should not use her hands on her MIL. the self control expected of a real man when assaulted by a female is what is expected when a wife is assaulted by her MIL.

deal with it!

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 11:36am On Apr 08, 2015
jadelyn007:
Ladies if his mother hates you on first meeting get some self esteem and walk or be prepared to swallow loads of slaps and bullshiit from her.

Avoid men whose mothers treat their own kids like eggs but are quick to slap another person's child for not kissing her ass.

Do not think she will change, it will only be hell till either of you drops dead.
Am all for treating people with respect and all but every nerve in body hates asssslicking.
Exactly!
I made this suggestion on the other MIL-DIL thread and it didn't seem to go down well with the women.

I don't expect any woman to marry a man whose mother she doesn't get along with - she either tries to win her fiance's mother over or take a respectful walk. . .that's if she's not desperate for marriage.

Any nincompoop who goes ahead and marries that man deserves everything that's coming to her.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

what a hypocrite!
meanwhile, when men get physically abused by their partners, you expect him to be a man & not retaliate. "a real man" must not use his hands on a woman no matter the level of assault. kindly use that logic in this scenario too
Nah when it involves a man and a woman, the man has to be the bigger person and not retaliate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child / 16-Year-Old Female Student Goes Missing (Photo) / Wife Slams Husband For His Derogatory Comment On Women Who Miscarry Their Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.