Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated (623 Views)

Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) / April 11 Elections: South-east Must Vote APC – Nwagwu / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by hopilo: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2015
The result that came from the south west and North central need to be commended because it shows balance and detribalised voting pattern. The rest in my views are not healthy for the Nigerian dream of being united and strong. The equalizer votes from Enugu that neutralizes the south west votes and the Kano bomb like votes that forced the sign of the cross from that sign language guy still show that tribal sentiments more than reasoning and rationale played a big role. North west, south south, north east and south east need to be receptive to every Nigerian regardless of region and tribe. Just my personal submission.
Re: My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by driand(m): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2015
Well said but the country is not likely to change if the leaders don't do anything about it for instance, while asari was threatening from the south South, Jonathan never cautioned him, instead he had a sense of. They wer fighting for him being the brother but if jona had, shunned those militants, he would have gathered more votes from the ordinary Nigerians.. . And the ethical sentiment would have reduced. Now buhari has to work on that him self.
Re: My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by golddeejay(m): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2015
yet some will accuse of sw of bn tribalistic and betrayal despite splittin d votes and nt vote massively for any particular candidate
Re: My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 03, 2015
Now you can understand why SW is referred to as the most politically sophisticated because they are about the only tribe that doesn't use sentiment in electing people to political post
Re: My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2015
You think the West was detribalised? Wait until you get a Hausa man running against a Yoruba man, then you'll see.

I think that the North Central states stand a better chance of being termed a detribalised region because it is divided into a variety of people with different tribes and culture.

Beside this, the south south and south east, the north west and north east, and the south west are just discordant nations fused together in one entity. Much like putting oil, water and petrol inside a syringe. People are more loyal to these tribal delineation than to the geographic entity called Nigeria. This is what gave birth to the "them" against "us" mentality.

Until something wonderful happens, Nigerians will continue to vote along this tribal line.

1 Like

Re: My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by pazienza(m): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2015
When Buhari the messiah competed against an incompetent, corrupt and tyrant president from SW in 2003, we knew how the voting pattern of the SW was.

So don't think any one is deceived by your tribal politics packaged as sophisticated politics, no one is deceived.

2 Likes

Re: My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by luvmijeje(f): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2015
pazienza:
When Buhari the messiah competed against an incompetent, corrupt and tyrant president from SW in 2003, we knew how the voting pattern of the SW was.

So don't think any one is deceived by your tribal politics packaged as sophisticated politics, no one is deceived.

Na your wahala be that. Believe it or not Southwest voted right and I'm proud of them.
Re: My Verdict On The Elections, South West & North Central Liberated by hopilo: 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
pazienza:

Thanks for throwing in 2003, that is 12 years ago, they might have erred, but they pulled through it, let the SS,NW,NE,SE come out of it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Read What Obasanjo Want Nigerian To Do On April 11 / I Respect Jonathan For Putting Nigeria First –baba Wande / Jk's Campaign Propaganda!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.