Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda (12062 Views)

Which Is Better Between A 2006 Rav 4 And Matrix 2006 / Toyota,nissan And Golf / Urgent Advice: Mazda Millenium 99 And Mazda Millenia 02 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by yak(m): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2015
Following the rate at which Toyota and Honda are over pricing there cars, av decided to do myself a favour by changing to either a Nissan or mazda product.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Exponental(m): 6:48am On Apr 04, 2015
they are both good cars.
cars used mostly for commercial purposes are good. smugglers use mazda, transporters use both depending on d states.
make ur choice!
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by chuka5000(m): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2015
U didnt state the models u r lookin at but remember that some Nissan cars have high maintenance cost.
However, they're both good cars.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Lordscrown(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Mazda is still very rugged than nissan,and also mazda is commonly used by transporters.some nissans are not so easy to maintain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by yak(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
Am actually looking at mazda 626 2003 model. Does anyone know Wat d cost of mentainance is like
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lordscrown:
Mazda is still very rugged than nissan,and also mazda is commonly used by transporters.some nissans are not so easy to maintain.

Give reasons for your assertion.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Homguy(m): 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
I would always go for Nissans, they are fast cars,very quick acceleration IMO, excluding the almera tino, I haven't driven a Mazda yet, so I would stick to my experience. Nissan all the way.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Life is too short.

If a car look good to you, and is from Nissan, Mazda, Toyota or Mitsubishi then buy it. You can't go wrong with any vehicle from these marque as long as the model you are buying is offered in the USA.

The assumption I will make is that you intend to follow the maintenance schedule.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by FlyboyZee: 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Homguy:
I would always go for Nissans, they are fast cars,very quick acceleration IMO, excluding the almera tino, I haven't driven a Mazda yet, so I would stick to my experience. Nissan all the way.
I beg to disagree please.

I have owned 2 Nissan cars in the past. One was a 2.0L '99 Primera SE, while the other was a 1.8L '05 Almera Tino, both were automatic. The two cars had one characteristic in common. They were both sluggish from start, especially in second gear. I thought it was the transmission that was bad in the Primera and was a bit worried. I even opened a thread here on NL to see if anyone could help then.

https://www.nairaland.com/885475/need-new-gear-box-1999

But, I later found out that its a Nissan thing when I observed same thing in the Almera Tino. A friend of mine who owns both a Nissan Xterra and Rogue was arguing that I was wrong until he took my '01 2.0L European Honda Accord for a spin, ever since then he has come to agree that Nissan cars are sluggish from start but begins to perform very well when they shift into 3rd in Nissan cars with A/T.

I am not saying all Nissan cars are like that o! Because I know they have performance/muscle/sports cars which I haven't had the opportunity to drive. But, for production passenger cars, I prefer me an Honda. They have got good acceleration from start which is something I look forward to in any car I'm behind the wheels. I like to rev the car to the max before it shifts gears and all the Nissan cars I've driven don't cut it for me.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Homguy(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
CityNG:
Life is too short.

If a car look good to you, and is from Nissan, Mazda, Toyota or Mitsubishi then buy it. You can't go wrong with any vehicle from these marque as long as the model you are buying is offered in the USA.

The assumption I will make is that you intend to follow the maintenance schedule.
why did u exclude Honda cars? Aren't they in the Us?
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by yak(m): 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
A mechanic told me dat d only problem with mazda 626 2003 is d automatic transmission. According to him if one gets a manual transmission he can b sure of gr8 experience
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by yak(m): 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
A mechanic told me dat d only problem with mazda 626 2003 is d automatic transmission. According to him if one gets a manual transmission he can b sure of gr8 experience. Can anyone confirm dis assertion
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Homguy(m): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
FlyboyZee:

I have owned 2 Nissan cars in the past. One was a 2.0L '99 Primera SE, while the other was a 1.8L '05 Almera Tino, both were automatic. The two cars had one characteristic in common. They were both sluggish from start, especially in second gear. I thought it was the transmission that was bad in the Primera and was a bit worried. I even opened a thread here on NL to see if anyone could help then.

But, I later found out that its a Nissan thing when I observed same thing in the Almera Tino. A friend of mine who owns both a Nissan Xterra and Rogue was arguing that I was wrong until he took my '01 2.0L European Honda Accord for a spin, ever since then he has come to agree that Nissan cars are sluggish from start but begins to perform very well when they shift into 3rd in Nissan cars with A/T.

I am not saying all Nissan cars are like that o! Because I know they have performance/muscle/sports cars which I haven't had the opportunity to drive. But, for production passenger cars, I prefer me an Honda. They have got good acceleration from start which is something I look forward to in any car I'm behind the wheels. I like to rev the car to the max before it shifts gears and all the Nissan cars I've driven don't cut it for me.
I have only driven a 2.0 manual bluebird, and same 2003 2.5L Auto Altima, they weren't sluggish at all bro, though I havent driven any decent Honda car, Op is making a comparism between Nissan and Mazda.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Homguy:
why did u exclude Honda cars? Aren't they in the Us?

Are they? grin

So any model vehicle from any Japanese manufacturer.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Homguy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
CityNG:

Are they?
I know the Accord has US variants. I wanted to know why you left out one of the most popular car marques in the US. Do i assume your exclusion of the honda was inadvertent, or have you other reasons? Am just curious.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 08, 2015
Homguy:
I know the Accord has US variants. I wanted to know why you left out one of the most popular car marques in the US. Do i assume your exclusion of the honda was inadvertent, or have you other reasons? Am just curious.

An oversight.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by oluwaseunla(m): 3:35am On Apr 08, 2015
FlyboyZee:

I think it's not very fair to judge Nissan cars based on those two models (almera tino and primera). Reason is that they are both equipped with the CVT, which is designed to change gears before maximum rev. Drive either the manual or tiptronic version of those same models, and you'll see a distinct change. Even the rogue comes with a CVT.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by airlord2020: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2015
[Try driving a maxima and see how fast it accelerates from rest.

quote author=FlyboyZee post=32461044]

I am not saying all Nissan cars are like that o! Because I know they have performance/muscle/sports cars which I haven't had the opportunity to drive. But, for production passenger cars, I prefer me an Honda. They have got good acceleration from start which is something I look forward to in any car I'm behind the wheels. I like to rev the car to the max before it shifts gears and all the Nissan cars I've driven don't cut it for me.[/quote]
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by FlyboyZee: 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
oluwaseunla:

I think it's not very fair to judge Nissan cars based on those two models (almera tino and primera). Reason is that they are both equipped with the CVT, which is designed to change gears before maximum rev. Drive either the manual or tiptronic version of those same models, and you'll see a distinct change. Even the rogue comes with a CVT.
My bad bro. I did not say all Nissan cars are like that. I mentioned the ones I've had direct contacts with (Primera, Almera Tino, Xterra & Rogue). Lest I forget, let me throw in the Frontier to the mix. A Frontier taking off from rest is more sluggish than a Ford Ranger or Toyota Hilux. Same goes for a Nissan Xterra and a Toyota Hilux Surf (4Runner). Same also goes for a Primera/Almera against an Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla.

All I was trying to say is that after driving an Honda car and then moving to a corresponding Nissan car, you would notice that the Nissan is usually more sluggish from start but picks up speed as soon as it gets into 3rd gear, this makes quick sharp overtaking often times impossible or very risky and dangerous. I have been down that road and I know what I went through cursing each time I try to make a quick one after trailing for a long time.

I also said Nissan cars with automatic transmission, not manual. I've never driven a manual Nissan car before and moreover you are at liberty to control or achieve any rev you want before moving on to the next gear when driving a car with manual transmission.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by oluwaseunla(m): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
FlyboyZee:

My bad bro. I did not say all Nissan cars are like that. I mentioned the ones I've had direct contacts with (Primera, Almera Tino, Xterra & Rogue). Lest I forget, let me throw in the Frontier to the mix. A Frontier taking off from rest is more sluggish than a Ford Ranger or Toyota Hilux. Same goes for a Nissan Xterra and a Toyota Hilux Surf (4Runner). Same also goes for a Primera/Almera against an Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla.

All I was trying to say is that after driving an Honda car and then moving to a corresponding Nissan car, you would notice that the Nissan is usually more sluggish from start but picks up speed as soon as it gets into 3rd gear, this makes quick sharp overtaking often times impossible or very risky and dangerous. I have been down that road and I know what I went through cursing each time I try to make a quick one after trailing for a long time.

I also said Nissan cars with automatic transmission, not manual. I've never driven a manual Nissan car before and moreover you are at liberty to control or achieve any rev you want before moving on to the next gear when driving a car with manual transmission.

Aiit, fair enough.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by diportivo: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
nissan don suffer angry....i own an 04 xterra.and ues it is sluggish from rest.but,nissan knows,and dats why theres a supercharged version.i think d explanation of some nissan models avin cvt makes sense..and is tangible as a reason.i av also owned a 2000 altima with a ka24de engine.moves like a rocket..still miss dat ride.my elder bros has a 99 frontier also wit d ka24de engine....acceleration na die...for the frontier that is sluggish,it has d same engine as d xterra....
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
oluwaseunla:

Aiit, fair enough.
I've driven a QX4 3.5L V6, RWD 4sp auto/w OD, I enjoyed every bit of that truck. I still miss its drama. Very smooth drive, well mannered road handling dynamics, quite quick I've actually beat a 2004 4runner 4.7L V8 4WD when we did a drag race in those days when Mike was still a speed demon.

Foot note: Infiniti Qx4 is just a pathfinder with a different badge and fascia.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by oluwaseunla(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
lomomike:

I've driven a QX4 3.5L V6, RWD 4sp auto/w OD, I enjoyed every bit of that truck. I still miss its drama. Very smooth drive, well mannered road handling dynamics, quite quick I've actually beat a 2004 4runner 4.7L V8 4WD when we did a drag race in those days when Mike was still a speed demon.

Never drove that particular truck, (as common as it seems to be). But generally, Nissans are cars I really love. I feel they put in a little more into their vehicles than most other japmobiles. But then, maybe I'm just being biased. smiley cheesy
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
oluwaseunla:

Never drove that particular truck, (as common as it seems to be). But generally, Nissans are cars I really love. I feel they put in a little more into their vehicles than most other japmobiles. But then, maybe I'm just being biased. smiley cheesy

They're actually sportier than toyota and honda when they're compared within same class.
Infiniti is known as a Japanese BMW.
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by IdaraCHODB(m): 4:28am On Apr 09, 2015
Now is a great time to consider Mazda as the brand recently won 2nd place (behind only Lexus) in Consumer Reports annual list of best automotive brands...quite an achievement, don't you think?
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by yak(m): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
IdaraCHODB:
Now is a great time to consider Mazda as the brand recently won 2nd place (behind only Lexus) in Consumer Reports annual list of best automotive brands...quite an achievement, don't you think?

[color=#006600][/color]wats d basis for d award? Is it maintenance or speed or fuel economy or number of users? Wat exactly is d basis
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
yak:
[color=#006600][/color]wats d basis for d award? Is it maintenance or speed or fuel economy or number of users? Wat exactly is d basis

Source #1:http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/04/car-brand-report-card/index.htm (main source)
Source #2: http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=245354
Source #3: http://jolietmazda.billjacobsmazda.com/53/mazda-comes-second-consumer-reports-brand-report-card/
Source #4: http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1492925/mazda-ranked-second-among-all-automotive-brands-in-independent-evaluations-according-to-leading-consumer-publication

in one sentence:

“Mazda’s new generation of vehicles, featuring the perfect balance of fuel economy, handling and performance, impressive styling, and technology and safety features typically reserved for luxury vehicles, continue to demonstrate proven reliability and exceptional road-test performance,” said Kory Koreeda, president, Mazda Canada Inc., in a statement. “To be recognized for these efforts is an honor.”

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Drgreatone: 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
lomomike:

@Lomomike ow was the pathfinder like in terms of maintenance and repairs. also noticed this old volvo like engine note on some pathfinders, any reason why. kinda prefer it to the forerunner of the same year
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nissan Pathfinder isn't a body on frame
construction which u find in 4runners, it is a
monocoque (unibody construction), macpherson
struts in front and multi link rear suspension
which soaks up uneveness on the
road when driving and these inturn translates to
better driving dynamics it has good offroad
capabilities and better on-road manners than
the Nissan Xterra. It comes in either rear wheel
drive or all wheel drive with the SE
models having a 'shift by fly' transfer, While the
up scale model LE and platinum have a knob
which is used to shift. Its 4wd transfer makes
use of four driving modes: 2HI, 4HI, 4LO,AUTO
meaning u can use 4wd mode on dry pavements.
It has either 4speed auto or 5speed manual. I
love the Bose stereo with 6CD changers and 6
Bose speakers they are amazing but most
owners I've met complain that the CD player in
the Bose stereo gets faulty. For interior space, its
modest for 5 passengers with a driver and front
passenger and 3 rear seat occupants but let me
confess that the rear seats aren't spacious
enough and for very tall huge people and the
rear doors could be quite small for passengers
but u won't notice it. Having said all these, the̶̲̥̅̊
pathfinder is a good truck but if you want more
luxury you can get a QX4 which is basically a
nissan pathfinder.
the̶̲̥̅̊ Nissan Pathfinder has a variety of engine
choices
PETROL ENGINES:
3.3 L VG33E V6 168 hp
3.5 L VQ35DE V6 250 hp
DIESEL ENGINES:
2.7 L TD27ETi I4 Turbodiesel 127 hp
3.0 L ZD30DDTi I4 Turbodiesel 168 hp
3.2 L QD32ETi I4 Turbodiesel 150 hp
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by nickxtra(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
FlyboyZee:

No wonder! Am experiencing slow start or acceleration with my Nissan Primera Auto. Thought it was a problem till you are explaining it now. Am experiencing same with my Nissan Primers now. Did you get yours fixed?
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by FlyboyZee: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
nickxtra:
No wonder! Am experiencing slow start or acceleration with my Nissan Primera Auto. Thought it was a problem till you are explaining it now.
See my initial thread on this issue here:
Re: Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda by Drgreatone: 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
@Lomomike thanks. I'm still curious about ow the maintenance and reliability was for ur qx 4 plus the loud engine sound that occurs after a while wit that partucular suv and its sibling the pathy. thanks in adv

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Should Not Drive Your Car On Empty Tank / World Car Awards 2013 Shortlist Announced / Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.