Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB (885 Views)

Ejitayo Jegede Celebrates His Win On The Street (Photos) / APC Win In Owerri West Re-run, Others Inconclusive / Breaking News: House Of Rep Passes the PIB (Petroleum Industry Bill) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB by Jbenue: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2015
The Petroleum Industry Bill since inception has been rightly seen as possibly the most important piece of potential legislation for Nigeria. Since its inception I have finished primary, secondary and tertiary education. However this most crucial of bills has not been passed due to the incompetence of our "representatives" and their inability to see beyond their noses.

Now that APC has a clear majority in both houses of the NASS and the SS/SE lawmakers are firmly a minority will issues like the 10% tax for development of "Host communities" be finally assailed. Don't get me wrong I do think it is right that the community in which the raw material is extracted from should be the first beneficiaries. However this has been a major impasse that has circumvented the greater good of this Bill for all Nigerians.

And with a man who is so Ideological in his belief of checks and balances like Buhari as President, will the ccontroversial excessive powers of the Minister of Petroleum Resources as proposed by Bill finally be diluted?

Will we finally pass this Bill for the sake of posterity?
My heart says yes but my head says this is Nigeria.
Re: Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB by Jbenue: 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
googlepikin:
I was on a bike yesterday and the Abokii guy asked me who did I vote for, buhari or GEJ , I said buhari. I asked him who is he going to vote for in Lagos governorship election, he said all okada association and northerners have had a meeting that they can't be deceive by APC for the third time. that they have agreed to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. it's amazing that Lagos state presidential vote was 700 and something to 600 and something thousand mind you half of those who voted for buhari have plans to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. So imagine the North, SS and SE voting for JIMI AGBAJE in dis kinda free and fair elections, then I'm sorry for tinubu , fashola and co. there will be shock in Lagos state in few days time.1,000,000 vote for JIMI AGBAJE dis coming election. am pleading to all Northerners , southerners and Easterners to come out in our millions to vote for the rightful man for Lagos state. let's all vote for JIMI AGBAJE because he's the right man. LIKE IF YOU WILL VOTE FOR JIMI AGBAJE and share if you will vote for ambode.

How does this have anything to do with the PIB but just to humour you. It will incredibly stup.id to vote against A PC IN the gubernatorials. Lagos by all rights should be the DUBAI OF AFRICA but has suffered undeniable neglect by the FG due to its status as an opposition state. Now that the opposition is in POWER in the centre you want to misaligned your state again? This why I say we as a people are short sighted. Smh
Re: Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB by Jbenue: 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jbenue:

How does this have anything to do with the PIB but just to humour you. It will incredibly stup.id to vote against A PC IN the gubernatorials. Lagos by all rights should be the DUBAI OF AFRICA but has suffered undeniable neglect by the FG due to its status as an opposition state. Now that the opposition is in POWER in the centre you want to misaligned your state again? This why I say we as a people are short sighted. Smh
Re: Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB by BlackBaron: 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
All this rigmarole,
I have always had it in my heart that oil producing communities should have at least 50% derivation from oil proceeds. Jo as a son of the oil producing bloc probably had the best chance if he tried.

Also, all the questionable block owners should have been made to return part or all proceeds from the oil wells they own especially remembering they were acquired in funny circumstances.
Re: Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
googlepikin:
I was on a bike yesterday and the Abokii guy asked me who did I vote for, buhari or GEJ , I said buhari. I asked him who is he going to vote for in Lagos governorship election, he said all okada association and northerners have had a meeting that they can't be deceive by APC for the third time. that they have agreed to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. it's amazing that Lagos state presidential vote was 700 and something to 600 and something thousand mind you half of those who voted for buhari have plans to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. So imagine the North, SS and SE voting for JIMI AGBAJE in dis kinda free and fair elections, then I'm sorry for tinubu , fashola and co. there will be shock in Lagos state in few days time.1,000,000 vote for JIMI AGBAJE dis coming election. am pleading to all Northerners , southerners and Easterners to come out in our millions to vote for the rightful man for Lagos state. let's all vote for JIMI AGBAJE because he's the right man. LIKE IF YOU WILL VOTE FOR JIMI AGBAJE and share if you will vote for ambode.
oga u just dey derail all thread on nairaland. And na even untop bike u dey dey make noise o...when mate dey inside motor dey campaign
Re: Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB by Dannyset(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
googlepikin:

Well, I don't know if the Buhari winning didn't give u heartbreak. Let me now congratulate u! U will be shocked with what u see after the April 11th election. U think u can Just (be) Kidding(JK) with our Lagos anyhow?
Jimi ko, Fadeyi ni.
And to the topic! Whatever is good for the Country should be appended by Buhari sharpally.
Re: Impact Of Buhari And APC Win On The PIB by Jbenue: 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
BlackBaron:
All this rigmarole,
I have always had it in my heart that oil producing communities should have at least 50% derivation from oil proceeds. Jo as a son of the oil producing bloc probably had the best chance if he tried.

Also, all the questionable block owners should have been made to return part or all proceeds from the oil wells they own especially remembering they were acquired in funny circumstances.

Fifty percent is ideal but unrealistic that would skew the economy of this country drastically, with those communes becoming extremely wealthy to the detriment of the whole nation. 15% however seems fair, it ensures the host communities real well but the nation at large is not left behind. It should like that for all natural resources across the nation.

(1) (Reply)

Wike Can Betray His Mother For Money, He Is A Thug – Gov Amaechi / The Illusion Of Making It Big In Europe / US Newspaper Highlights Tinubu's Ties To Heroine Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.