Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Mental Illness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mental Illness (803 Views)

One In Every Four Nigerian Has Mental Disorder - Dr. Vincent Udenze / Is Talking To One Self A Sign Of Mental Illness / 7 Health Conditions You Didn't Know Were Mental Health Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mental Illness by DeKasablanca(f): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
This is not a made up story.
Two years ago, at the age of fifteen, I decided I'd had enough of life. I decided to kill myself, so I took an overdose of drugs. Fortunately, or unfortunately as I saw it at the time, they were the harmless type. I just got a bit sick. My mum thought it was spiritual so she sent me away to live with her sister who was a pastor for about a month. What she didn't know then, was that I was suffering from a mental illness. Anyway, I went, blah blah, I later returned home. After about a month, I started feeling low again. I felt like the world was against me, like no one cared. I would just sit down in the dark, curl up and cry. If my mum asked, I'd just give her an excuse, and I was good at that, 'I just watched a movie that was really sad', 'I just woke up', 'I fell and hurt myself', the list was endless, so she never suspected a thing. Besides, she was a busy single mother with two growing kids to look after, so she never really had the time or patience. Anyways, one sunday at church, I couldn't take it anymore, I told her I needed money for sanitary towel, but instead I got drugs. A lot of 'em, and downed 'em all. Soon after, we were having workers' prayer(I'm in the choir btw), and my pastor is this clap the devil out type. By this time, I was already feeling weak and couldn't clap. so after the prayer, while the rest left to start praise n worship, I was asked to stay behind. I was asked why I wasn't clapping but before I could say a word, my mum said I was on, so I'm probably feeling weak. As I was leaving the pastor's office, he dragged me playfully, and I fainted. That was the beginning of my journey. I'm not quite sure if anybody will read this, so to save trouble, I'll continue the write up if I get favorable responses.
Re: Mental Illness by nairalife2013(m): 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
No one, in a world of social and biological imperfection, is particularly free of one disturbing mental issue or the other. Many victims of depression have been inspired by that same anomally to become great doctors, singers, scientists and stage performers etc, instead of mourning their predicament to fatal levels. Most celebrities suffer high level of boredom or dissatisfaction and so on and constantly fancy the idea of the order of the universe being against them and worst predicaments. DRUG RUNNING AND USE AGGRAVATE THE SITUATION BY ARITHEMETIC PROGRESSION. IF U ARE NOT DOING DRUGS, GOOD! IT WILL DECLINE WITH TIME AND MORE MONEY. WORK HARD, PRAY UNENDINGLY AND THANK GOD FOR IT AND USE IT AS A TRIGGER TO FURTHER YUR MUNDANE EXPLOIT THRO SOLO ULTR-HIGH CONCENTRATION. GOODLUCK.
Re: Mental Illness by nairalife2013(m): 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Op hope u av not fainted again?! We no hear from u again...how far na
Re: Mental Illness by Gboliwe: 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
DeKasablanca:
This is not a made up story.
Two years ago, at the age of fifteen, I decided I'd had enough of life. I decided to kill myself, so I took an overdose of drugs. Fortunately, or unfortunately as I saw it at the time, they were the harmless type. I just got a bit sick. My mum thought it was spiritual so she sent me away to live with her sister who was a pastor for about a month. What she didn't know then, was that I was suffering from a mental illness. Anyway, I went, blah blah, I later returned home. After about a month, I started feeling low again. I felt like the world was against me, like no one cared. I would just sit down in the dark, curl up and cry. If my mum asked, I'd just give her an excuse, and I was good at that, 'I just watched a movie that was really sad', 'I just woke up', 'I fell and hurt myself', the list was endless, so she never suspected a thing. Besides, she was a busy single mother with two growing kids to look after, so she never really had the time or patience. Anyways, one sunday at church, I couldn't take it anymore, I told her I needed money for sanitary towel, but instead I got drugs. A lot of 'em, and downed 'em all. Soon after, we were having workers' prayer(I'm in the choir btw), and my pastor is this clap the devil out type. By this time, I was already feeling weak and couldn't clap. so after the prayer, while the rest left to start praise n worship, I was asked to stay behind. I was asked why I wasn't clapping but before I could say a word, my mum said I was on, so I'm probably feeling weak. As I was leaving the pastor's office, he dragged me playfully, and I fainted. That was the beginning of my journey. I'm not quite sure if anybody will read this, so to save trouble, I'll continue the write up if I get favorable responses.
I want to believe you want to pass a message, a lesson across. If that be it, please continue. It may help one or two people here
Re: Mental Illness by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
I hope you overcame it eventually.

(1) (Reply)

Edmark Product In Osogbo / Abia Government To Partner With Cancer Googles Inventor Dr Samuel Achilefu? / Http://www.healthcaresups.com/neurocell/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.