Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,564 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 (27187 Views)

FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview / Cleaner Lagos: LASG Set To Recruit 20,000 Workers / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Joyhuxley(m): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Pls fellow applicants, why are most COMPASS 08 Not shortlisted?

Anybody with a reliable reason should help us.
Could it be course relevance
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Ishmilo: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
My Bros, we don't understand oh
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by zicoraads: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
I think most people that applied for it were not. Cos I took my time to go through it and discovered it's a general problem for all states.

Methinks they were more interested in recruiting junior officers into the service. Because I can imagine the sheer number of graduates that applied. And each and every one of those graduates, if successful, would automatically be senior officers. So, it was more of a junior officers recruitment. Except of course your connection is super tight wink

7 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by clily: 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Are there still hope 4 us that were not shortlisted, even with connections or is it finally over
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Joyhuxley(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
Its not over yet. Some thing may still happen but as it is now, i can not guarantee any thing.
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by stepo707: 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
I was shortlisted but don't meet the 1.7m height requirement.should I still go for the test? Am worried I might be embarassed
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by tare22(m): 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
stepo707:
I was shortlisted but don't meet the 1.7m height requirement.should I still go for the test? Am worried I might be embarassed
try ur luck....
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 04, 2015
I doubt if there will be any hope again cos I already received regret mail from them.... Not quite long.. Success to the ones shortlisted

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by uchebest2006(m): 10:43am On Apr 04, 2015
I think some pipo hv incomplete registeration....we re lookin forward to hear from them about the issue.
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by LilyLuvSrk(f): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2015
What i'm scared is that after everything I won't be accepted due to the fact that I wear glasses because of sight problems. But I do sometimes see an immigration officer wearin a recommended glass. Do I still have hope? Will this issue pull me down? And i'm lucky to have being shortlisted in CONASS 8.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by aibee01(m): 11:47am On Apr 04, 2015
I noticed dat ma fellow wit Bsc in Geography 2:2 wia nt shortlisted...it only us wif 2:1 dat wia shortlisted

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by esherizdan(f): 11:48am On Apr 04, 2015
i wasnt shortlisted and i didnt receive any regret mail

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Orjhong(f): 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
Please, what does the medical report entail?
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by itsMrIke(m): 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
LilyLuvSrk:
What i'm scared is that after everything I won't be accepted due to the fact that I wear glasses because of sight problems. But I do sometimes see an immigration officer wearin a recommended glass. Do I still have hope? Will this issue pull me down? And i'm lucky to have being shortlisted in CONASS 8.

You have hope. You can use medicated contact lens for the physical screening exercise. Those shortlisted are only required to do the CBT. Other physical tests will be done after those who passed the CBT have been shortlisted.
Goodluck to you and others

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by sold(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
aibee01:
I noticed dat ma fellow wit Bsc in Geography 2:2 wia nt shortlisted...it only us wif 2:1 dat wia shortlisted
[quote author=aibee01 post=32339466]my friend that studied economics with 2.2 was shortlisted, this thing is just a random computerized selection. well we'll wait and see how Buhari will come with his strategies

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Ifiegboria(m): 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
I wasn't shtlisted too. I hope they do something abt it.
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by adeememman(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
stepo707:
pls wots ur discipline
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by stepo707: 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
adeememman:

pls wots ur discipline

computer science
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Evergreen4(m): 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
I applied for conpass 8 and I was shortlisted

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Advans(m): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
aibee01:
I have 2:1 in physics n I wasn't shortlisted too

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by omisakint: 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
I'm so sure It was a random selection but seriously the total number of GL8 invited is way too low. But if u hav a sure link u can still pull it. "No b my cbt alone oo"
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by scarplanet(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
70% of those that applied for COMPASS 8 had incomplete application. Warnings and reminders were sent twice, but most still ignored it.
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Erums(m): 11:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Please fellows, I need past materials to study for the CBT test ....plse help out
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by kazzonline: 12:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Erums:
Please fellows, I need past materials to study for the CBT test ....plse help out

There you go, study hard and pass with flying colours

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Edokpia: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2015
scarplanet:
70% of those that applied for COMPASS 8 had incomplete application. Warnings and reminders were sent twice, but most still ignored it.
. Yes but that is not the cause because I re completed mine successfully but I was not invited.
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by link2jude(m): 10:08am On Apr 05, 2015
I think age has a vital role to play in the shortlisting process, my opinion though.
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Paretomaster(m): 10:20am On Apr 05, 2015
aibee01:

Its possible o, cos I hav a 2:1 in Econs, and I was shortlisted.
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by stepo707: 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
The simple reason is that they used the zoning formular.....i had a 2.2 and was shortlisted but i wont be going cos i did not meet the height requirement of 1.70m
Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by KillerBeauty(f): 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
stepo707:
The simple reason is that they used the zoning formular.....i had a 2.2 and was shortlisted but i wont be going cos i did not meet the height requirement of 1.70m
I didn't meet the height requirement too. But I'm going any way. Anything can happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
stepo707:

You knew all this and you still went ahead to apply undecided

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08 by stepo707: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
KillerBeauty:

I didn't meet the height requirement too. But I'm going any way. Anything can happen

hmmmn...like them embarrassing you openly or scaling through and getting through to the interview only for them to tell you sorry,you dont meet the height requirement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Female Candidate Slumps, Dies During Test In Abuja / Nestle Flowergate 2016 Vacancy / Ask Graduates On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.