Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther (911 Views)

Buratai Commissions Tactical Operation Base Of Army In His Town Biu,Borno(pics) / Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job / Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Precioussilas10: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
This topic is not aimed at discrediting these great men for they both died for their beliefs.These two men played an important role in history towards proferring solutions to the deep seated racial problem.They were both human right activist but with diffferent methods and idealogies.Malcolmx is generally considered to be violent in his methods while Martin luther jnr was said to be non violent(turn the other cheek philosophy) in his approach.The question is whose approach was more effective?To me it was malcolmx because he was always convincing with his methods.
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
This topic on NL? You go try o.
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Precioussilas10: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
jerseyboy:
This topic on NL? You go try o.
how u mean?
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Topic is too deep.
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
^^^^It's not too deep. @OP perhaps briefly informing us of their approaches would encourage discussion.
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Nobody: 4:21am On Apr 04, 2015
I hope the thread catche's fire but I doubt it.
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Martin was diplomatic in his fight but Malcolm was radical in his. Both were great anyway but believe me, Malcolm inculcated the hate and radicalism in blacks that's why American govt recognises Martin to the extent of dedicating a day for him.
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Precioussilas10: 8:06am On Apr 04, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Martin was diplomatic in his fight but Malcolm was radical in his. Both were great anyway but believe me, Malcolm inculcated the hate and radicalism in blacks that's why American govt recognises Martin to the extent of dedicating a day for him.
White America couldn't deal with the radical malcolmx.He was too wild and intelligent.He was able to sensitize a large number of blacks to ride with him..Black Panther even came into existence as a result of Malcolm's idealogies.Today Martin Luther is still celebrated in America because he wasn't a menace like Malcolm..When Malcolm was assasinated,the white media tried to dent his legacy by spreading propaganda over his name but only the black media and the world at large were able to recognise him as our own shining black prince who didn't hesitate to die because he loved us so.
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Precioussilas10: 8:32am On Apr 04, 2015
Mobbie:
^^^^It's not too deep. @OP perhaps briefly informing us of their approaches would encourage discussion.
Let me give you a quick summary,Martin Luther believed racial equality could be achieved through peaceful protest.He holds the belief that a time shall come when the whites would see their wrongs and withdraw from racism.He never wanted retaliation.On the other hand,malcolm is the antithesis of martin Luther.His philosophy was that true racial equality can not be achieved through a peaceful revolution.He went as far as citing historical instances were there has never been a revolution without a bloodshed.In his own words"I don't call it violence when it is for self defence.I call it intelligence."

1 Like

Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Precioussilas10: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2015
jerseyboy:
I hope the thread catche's fire but I doubt it.
why?
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by MalcoImX: 8:58am On Apr 04, 2015
Malcolm didn't have that patience Martin had. I think the reason is their background. Malcolm was a hustler, was called 'violent', and even had brushes with the law; while King, with a background in the Church view things from a religious perspective. In that regard, King could be said to be more accommodative, and is likely to have wider appeal, to both races. X's whole philosophy when it comes to Black emancipation can be summarized in the quote below:

"Our objective is complete freedom, justice and equality by any means necessary."
|
On King, this is what he had to say:
"He got the peace prize, we got the problem.... If I'm following a general, and he's leading me into a battle, and the enemy tends to give him rewards, or awards, I get suspicious of him. Especially if he gets a peace award before the war is over."

But bear in mind it's like he is being "political" here. Actually he conceded that he and King were fighting for the same thing. It's only the methods that differ.
|
Dr. King had this to say on Malcolm X. Notice the mature, loving and the religious tinge in Dr. King's view.
"You know, right before he was killed he came down to Selma and said some pretty passionate things against me, and that surprised me because after all it was my territory there. But afterwards he took my wife aside, and said he thought he could help me more by attacking me than praising me. He thought it would make it easier for me in the long run."

1 Like

Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2016
very nice thread
Re: Who Was More Philosophical And Tactical In His Approach?malcomx Or Martin Luther by coolzeal(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2016
If you were lynched, dehumanised and experience Jim Crow law, you did become violent in your approach to freedom.
Malcom was a black nationalist, whose social, econonical and political philosophy represent the development of black people in that era. He taught black people to obey the law, get educated and be obedient, but if someone lay his on you send them to the cemetery. I think I will go with Malcom principles.

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: How Ahmadu Ali Made Jonathan Concede Victory / Why Wasnt Patience With Mr. President? / Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.