Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister (6545 Views)

Why Nigerians Will Become Poorer With Rising Oil Prices - Henry Boyo / Where's The $7billion Placed In 14 Banks By Soludo? Henry Boyo / The Implication Of The New Petroleum Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Authoritative sources indicate this Oando executive is the favorite to be the next Petroleum Minister, He is Itsekiri from Delta State.His Profile Below
Mr. Omamofe Boyo is the Deputy Group Chief Executive of the Oando Group. Prior to this, Mofe doubled as the Executive Director, Marketing of Oando PLC and CEO of Oando Supply and Trading. As CEO of Oando Supply and Trading, between 2004 and 2006, Mr. Boyo transformed the companyinto Africa’s largest private sector trading companywhile spearheading initiatives for the representation of the industry’s position on the proposed changes to the trade union law.Mofe was also involved in proposing draft legislation on the PSF bill, as well as amendments required to the PPRA Act. This is to enable a legal framework for the implementation of the subsidy scheme. In 2004, Mofe provided advice and alternative models on the privatization of Oil & Gas assets in the Bureau of Public Enterprise. From 2004 to date, Mofe has been the principal liaison between the industry, the regulatory authorities andthe government on change and efficiency issues asthey affect the downstream sector.Mofe started his career with Chief Rotimi Williams’ Chambers, a leading Nigerian law firm, where he specialized in shipping and oil services and workedon several joint venture transactions between the NNPC and major international oil companies. He was also a member of the team that represented the refineries in the NNPC judicial enquiry. He joined the Ocean and Oil Group in 1994, where he developed and managed the operations departmentbefore his appointment in July 2001 as Executive Director, Oando PLC. Mofe has a Bachelor’s Degreein Law from Kings College, University of London, England (1989). He is also a member of the Nigerian Bar Association. Mofe serves on the boardof several companies which include Gaslink NigeriaLtd, Oando Togo, Oando Ghana, West African Refinery Company, (WARCO) Sierra Leone, Stallion Properties, Ocean and Oil Services, Indunmines Ltd,Quantum Voice Systems Ltd, I2I Nigeria Ltd. and Lagos Preparatory School Ltd.
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
Odein Ajumogobia also in the run in, he is Amaechi's candidate while Boyo Is Tinubu's candidate

1 Like

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by aare07(m): 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
I pray best candidate should emerge, because we need true change

2 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mr Mofe is a good candidate as well but I prefer Odein Henry Ajumogobia.

Ajumogobia who served as former minister of Petroleun under Yar'Adua's govt and later Minister of Foreign Affairs I think is the best candidate for that. He's a humble and the best Minister under Yar'Adua's govt. I wonder why GEJ did not use that technocrat for his 1st tenure.

1 Like

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by baby124: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
We need objective people. We don't need people with allegiance to companies like Oando and the like. Sorry to say.

9 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by seunfly: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
baby124:
We need objective people. We don't need people with allegiance to companies like Oando and the like. Sorry to say.

You are right, some times we need experience of a field man. Check CBN, Sanusi was firstbank man while the present is Zenith man.

2 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Sooroptimist1: 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
baby124:

Some of you comment out of unbridled sentiments or outright prejudice

Let me tell you for free..........

In democracies all over the world even here in US

You can never become anything unless you have a fixer or power broker behind your candidature.....it is as simple as that

The fact that a man is brilliant,sound and capable is not enough reason to give him any post......your loyalty to the cause must be well ascertained

All the technocrats that have ever been anything in Nigeria were thrust forward by a Power-that

Buhari will still run every name by some of his party leaders from each zone and if they are against that person,trust me.....the person will be dropped. There are more than enough technocrats to man all the available posts in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
In case you don't know, Ajumogobia was a class mate to US President Barack Obama in Harvard University as both member of the body of Bar in America and SAN-NBA.

If Minister of Petroleum may not get to him then Athorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice should get to that noble man.

3 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by hillsate: 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Guys, put your argument to rest. The ministry of petroleum will function directly under the president, while power will be directly under the Vice president.
We are no longer just concerned about qualification or experience. If your character is questionable you have no place under place in this government.

5 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Sooroptimist1: 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
engrsyer:
In case you don't know, Ajumogobia was a class mate to US President Barack Obama in Harvard University as both member of the body of Bar in America and SAN-NBA.

If Minister of Petroleum may not get to him then Athorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice should get to that noble man.

Make una dey deceive yourselves there

Did Jonathan not know he was Obama Best man when he married Michelle Obama before droppinh him from the cabinet then

If Ajumogobia didnt contribute anything whether overtly or covertly to APC in rivers or to Buhari.......he will never be appointed. It is as simple as that

The party leaders from all the regions know people who assisted them even if they did it under the radar because of fear of PDP,it is those persons that can be considered but to think that some one will just walk into Government on the strenght of just his pedigree is a joke of the highest order

People like Pat Utomi who drafted APC's manifestoes amongst other people stand to gain than an ajumogobia who didnt stand up to be counted

Also dont be surprised if you hear that Festus Odimegwu who spoke vehemently against Jonathan 3eeks to the election contributed heavily to Buhari or APC campaign......it is people like him that will get considered

Festus Keyamo also stood up to be counted when it mattered most by going against the tide and supporting someone other than a fellow NDeltan will sure get a slot in this Government

So all the cowards who didnt lend any resource either material or immaterial to APc's victory will act as spectators and the heaven will not fall

18 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Sooroptimist1: 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
hillsate:
Guys, put your argument to rest. The ministry of petroleum will function directly under the president, while power will be directly under the Vice president.
We are no longer just concerned about qualification or experience. If your character is questionable and LOYALTY, you have no place under place in this government.

Word!

For every Technocrat with an Outstanding qualification and experience,there are more than enough persons with the same pedigree

It is your input during the sowing period via alignment whether directly or via proxy that will determine what you will get during harvest

1 Like

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

Did Jonathan not know he was Obama Best man when he married Michelle Obama before droppinh him from the cabinet then

If Ajumogobia didnt contribute anything whether overtly or covertly to APC in rivers or to Buhari.......he will never be appointed. It is as simple as that

The party leaders from all the regions know people who assisted them even if they did it under the radar because of fear of PDP,it is those persons that can be considered but to think that some one will just walk into Government on the strenght of just his pedigree is a joke of the highest order

People like Pat Utomi who drafted APC's manifestoes amongst other people stand to gain than an ajumogobia who didnt stand up to be counted

Also dont be surprised if you hear that Festus Odimegwu who spoke vehemently against Jonathan 3eeks to the election contributed heavily to Buhari or APC campaign......it is people like him that will get considered

Festus Keyamo also stood up to be counted when it mattered most by going against the tide and supporting someone other than a fellow NDeltan will sure get a slot in this Government

So all the cowards who didnt lend any resource either material or immaterial to APc's victory will act as spectators and the heaven will not fall
when you have such a political mindset then where else do you want the 'CHANGE' to come from? If politicians make up to 70% and technocrats 30% then I will say PDP is a white witch to APC.
We have been clamouring for CHANGE but that can be achieve with a strong political will from the President and having more of Technocrats than politicians in the cabinet else CHANGE is a sheer deceipt from APC.

I may not agree with you that only those who fought the fight should benefit. Did Okonjo-Iweala played any role for Goodluck Jonathan to emerge as President? Or did Olusegun Aganga played any role or what about Min of Agric?

Our expectations will not be met if GMB fix more politicians than technocrats. The country's benefit is greater than any group(APC or PDP) or individual's benefit.

Think like a Nigerian and not like an APC member or APC sympathiser in doing that we shall all grow together.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by amakaobiemeka: 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

abi o! We dont want those pdp moles again in our new govt, we knw what they did to gej. Ajumogbobia etc are just pdp members 4 like. Pat utomi, dele momodu, femi falana, festus keyamo are men that stood for apc beyound the odds. I knw buhari wont be a fool, he would examine every name, moreover integrity would play, he wont be a complete ride 4 tinubu to just push any name to him again just becos the persön would be his handbag

3 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Oando belongs to the Tinubus, so they want to deliver NNPC to the Tinubus ? It wont happen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by quest003: 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
engrsyer:

you can lie o!

2 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by PointB: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Is Oando not one of the companies affiliated to Tinubu? Must everything in Nigeria be linked to Tinubu ever expanding corrupt empire? Is this the change promised? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Vesuvius(m): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

Hmmmm......so much noise for change!!
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by MayorofLagos(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
engrsyer:

Who is he in the APC ecehelon? Thats the bottom line!

If he is nobody, then he needs a sponsor and that sponsor must be someone at top of the party ladder.

You dont get a position because you went to Harvard or because you were room mate with Obama.
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
engrsyer:
when you have such a political mindset then where else do you want the 'CHANGE' to come from? If politicians make up to 70% and technocrats 30% then I will say PDP is a white witch to APC.
We have been clamouring for CHANGE but that can be achieve with a strong political will from the President and having more of Technocrats than politicians in the cabinet else CHANGE is a sheer deceipt from APC.

I may not agree with you that only those who fought the fight should benefit. Did Okonjo-Iweala played any role for Goodluck Jonathan to emerge as President? Or did Olusegun Aganga played any role or what about Min of Agric?

Our expectations will not be met if GMB fix more politicians than technocrats. The country's benefit is greater than any group(APC or PDP) or individual's benefit.

Think like a Nigerian and not like an APC member or APC sympathiser in doing that we shall all grow together.
I agree with you on most of your points. But beyond appointing technocrats a major factor you didn't consider is loyalty there is a need to strike a balance between productivity and loyalty. You cannot have a team to implement your policies if they are not loyal and astute in what they are doing at thesame time. So I won't be suprised if most appointments go to Apc loyalist or sympathiser's but what is important is finding those that are savvy and goal oriented amongst them in other to strike the right balance.

3 Likes

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Reski:
I agree with you on most of your points. But beyond appointing technocrats a major factor you didn't consider is loyalty there is a need to strike a balance between productivity and loyalty. You cannot have a team to implement your policies if they are not loyal and astute in what they are doing at thesame time. So I won't be suprised if most appointments go to Apc loyalist or sympathiser's but what is important is finding those that are savvy and goal oriented amongst them in other to strike the right balance.
pardon my word, it is only fool that would be in an appointed cabinet yet would not loyal to your boss. Those appointees are suppose to know that they are working for Nigeria under GMB's administration and he(GMB) is a no nonsense man. So if he appoints you yet you are not loyal to your boss then you are on a long thing.
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Who is he in the APC ecehelon? Thats the bottom line!

If he is nobody, then he needs a sponsor and that sponsor must be someone at top of the party ladder.

You dont get a position because you went to Harvard or because you were room mate with Obama.
lo... Yes , he's no body but a very humble and hard-working man been projected by Gov. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. I am sure you know Amaechi.
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
quest003:
you can lie o!
lol.... Are you serious?
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
I strongly object to this., Oando is managed by Wale Tinubu, A subsidy thief..I just wish and hope the people's general would reject this shady agreement by Tinubu... The man is just too greedy..

1 Like

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by MayorofLagos(m): 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
engrsyer:
lo... Yes , he's no body but a very humble and hard-working man been projected by Gov. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. I am sure you know Amaechi.

Let me take you back to APC Presidential primaries in Lagos last December.

Do you know why Buhari won the nomination and VP was zoned to the SW?

If the Presidency must rotate to North, there were three Northerners in the primary, why Buhari, and not Atiku or Kwankwaso?

I bet you don't know.

Let me ask you another question.
In the just concluded election, how much electoral votes in SS did Amaechi deliver to the APC coffer....in other words, how influentially powerful is he in his region?

In party politics, every calculation is about electorate and constituencies and if you don't deliver you don't eat!
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by repogirl(f): 10:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
He is also married to actress Ego Boyo (checkmate, Violated), na only that one I sabi.

1 Like

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Let me take you back to APC Presidential primaries in Lagos last December.

Do you know why Buhari won the nomination and VP was zoned to the SW?

If the Presidency must rotate to North, there were three Northerners in the primary, why Buhari, and not Atiku or Kwankwaso?

I bet you don't know.

Let me ask you another question.
In the just concluded election, how much electoral votes in SS did Amaechi deliver to the APC coffer....in other words, how influentially powerful is he in his region?

In party politics, every calculation is about electorate and constituencies and if you don't deliver you don't eat!
Atleast you will not underestimate the projecting him. I guess you know that Gov. Amaechi is among the big wigs in APC? Left for Buhari, I am sure you know that Buhari would have picked Gov. Amaechi if not for Tinubu who have more political structures in the country than Amaechi.

Well, just chill let's see how plays out.

Happy Easter if you a Christian!
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by engrsyer(m): 10:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
olatunji21:
I strongly object to this., Oando is managed by Wale Tinubu, A subsidy thief..I just wish and hope the people's general would reject this shady agreement by Tinubu... The man is just too greedy..
why complaining? Is it not 'change' that you people said you want? Now it is gearing up to take over and you have started crying.
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by MayorofLagos(m): 1:15am On Apr 05, 2015
engrsyer:
Atleast you will not underestimate the projecting him. I guess you know that Gov. Amaechi is among the big wigs in APC? Left for Buhari, I am sure you know that Buhari would have picked Gov. Amaechi if not for Tinubu who have more political structures in the country than Amaechi.

Well, just chill let's see how plays out.

Happy Easter if you a Christian!

What are you talking about?
Gej would have finished off Amaechi if not for Fashola who kept defending against Gej and Mama peace harrassments on him.

You remember when they locked him out of his own lodge in Government House? You remember when they withdrew all his securities and left him vulnerable and for ffear of his life he went on press and cried out Gej wants to kill him? If not for others that intervened they were going to use Mbu to deal with him. Which kind governor be this cant control his own state and threats and always running to the press to raise alarm?

Same Mbu came to West and made a nuisance of himself. When Falana and Afenifere went to court and asked for his office to be declared vacant the idyiot learnt quick that he was no longer in the creeks and humbled himself before he loose his job and life retirement.

Look, Amaechi has no power anywhere.....APC needs a face representation in each state and for Rivers State he happens to be the face. He has no clout! So pipe down on the hype abeg.

1 Like

Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:19am On Apr 05, 2015
TheImp:
Odein Ajumogobia also in the run in, he is Amaechi's candidate while Boyo Is Tinubu's candidate
Is Odein Ajumogobia that good?
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:20am On Apr 05, 2015
aare07:
I pray best candidate should emerge, because we need true change
That's what we all crave for. Genuine and true change that the common man on the street that gladly testify of.
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:23am On Apr 05, 2015
engrsyer:

Good
Re: Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:25am On Apr 05, 2015
hillsate:
We are no longer just concerned about qualification or experience. If your character is questionable you have no place under place in this government.
This is exactly how I see the incoming administration unlike the previous ones in which the VP is relegated to the background.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki / BREAKING!!!! House Of Reps Member, Hon. Ossy Prestige Reportedly Dead / Ojukwu Made Biafra Fail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.