Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Know About The Catholic Doctrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Know About The Catholic Doctrine (1057 Views)

The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Challenge For Roman Catholic Doctrine / Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know About The Catholic Doctrine by Empredboy(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
Catholic doctrines are divideded into yr( A,B,C), seasons in the right order(Advent,christmas,epifany,ordinary time begins,lent, passion week, easter, pentecost, ordinary time continue, end of ordinary time with christ the king celebration.) i will enlighten our christian fellows n some catholic who dont understand what they see or do in the catholic church.
The reson why the church divides the yr into 3( A,B,C) n season is becos in those days of early christain it was diffcult to carry the scripture(bible as it was called) up n down n even its was always in the temple(church as its called now). So for the congregation to understand the bible the church broke the bible passages into three parts called yr. meansing if u attend the mass (service as pentecostals call it) everyday for 3 yrs then u av read the bible. The church went further to make the early christains to feel the presence of God among them in the church by indirectly dramatising the bible in a seasonal way. Thats were d season i listed above comes from. I will explain the season from the begining,the bible reading for each season, the colour of altar n rev fr cloth that is worn.
The 1st season starts in november every yr( dats when d church yr starts unlike january been a new yr).So the season starts with advent.
ADVENT= this is a period when christ or messiah is been expected. The season start on the 3rd week of november till christmas eve (24 dec). This season is a period of sorrowful, repentance cos the world is waiting for the redemmer. Bible passages are read from some part of daniel,jaremiah, genesis, ezekial. The gosple frm passage whch talked about the work of john the baptist cos he came to prepare the way for lord to come. The altar n rev fr wears are purple in colour cos its a sorrowful period. Music is most casual as in not too entertaining. For now alleluya is not said or sang instead AMEN is used.This lead us to next season called xmas.
XMAS season is when christ is born n this celebration go on till 2nd week in january. The bible passages are read from jeremiah, ezekial, genesis, kings, gosple of christ birth. The altar cloths are golden in colour same with the rev fr. Joyful music are sang. Alleluya song are sang.
Next is EPIFANY= this season starts frm d 2nd week of january till ending of janury wck marks d end of christmas. During this period christ is shown to the world, his young age in temple n when his parent were finding him,he is been baptised and his minitry about to start. Readings are from isaiah, daniel, jeremiah, gosple frm passage readings abt young age of christ, his baptisms n presentation in the temple. The altar n priest cloth remains golden, joyful music continues.
Next is ORDINARY TIME= this period begins immidiately after epifany for 3 weeks. The readings are frm genesis, exodus infact all part of the bible are read during this period cos its the longest season in the church calendar. The cloth on d altar n rev fr wears are green becos it symbolises farm land where hervest will be made. So all the gosple reading are centre on jesus teachings, miracle. And to add to d reason why its the longest in d yr, d bible made us to knw dat even the miracle of christ cant be carried if all is written down. So since the miracle and teaching are much the season has to be long so dat the church wud av time to teach her congregation. By 3rd week in febuary the church enters lent.
LENT= this season starts with ash wednesday. This ash is been distributed on the forehead of everyone to remind us dat we are dust n dust we shall return. Also in d old testerment the ppl put on sang cloths and ashes to seek for God's forgiveness. So ash is also use to remind us that we sud ask God to forgive us since we av sinned. This will go on for 40days. Altar wears n rev fr are purple becos we are seeking for forgiveness.
Next is PASSION WEEK= this weeks starts a week b4 easter. Means it starts on sunday called PALM SUNDAY. The sunday marks the coming to an end of jesus christ. Infact why u see catholics on ur street on that day is to dance and let the world know christ because all through his 33 yrs on earth he never entered jerusalem. So on going there crowd were happy and hailed him thinking he was going to fight for them frm their enymies like the tax collectors, scribes, govt. And so on but christ was going to fight for there spiritual enemies like sin. By dieing on the cross. So the church will now move on the street to show the world the glory of chist. Cloth worn is gold or white. Bible passage is taken frm gospel reading about christ entering jerusalem. Next is HOLY THURSDAY in the same passion week. To be continue ...
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by Empredboy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
The church is so rich in history,tradition and knowlege wch makes d pentecostals to misunderstand the church doctrine
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by RobinHez(m): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Empredboy:
The church is so rich in history,tradition and knowlege wch makes d pentecostals to misunderstand the church doctrine
Where all these practised by the early church and the apostles?
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by Empredboy(m): 12:00am On Apr 05, 2015
RobinHez:

Where all these practised by the early church and the apostles?
the early christains made us to understand thru the bible dat there are traditions wch the church uses to proclaim d word of God. Example was some of paul writings telling the ppl to keep to d tradition dats laid down. Beside, these church doctrine as i wrote earlier is used by d early christain to feel d episode of all events in d bible. Just as christ said in d bible dat 'happy are those who dont see but yet the believe'.
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by RobinHez(m): 7:28am On Apr 05, 2015
Empredboy:
the early christains made us to understand thru the bible dat there are traditions wch the church uses to proclaim d word of God. Example was some of paul writings telling the ppl to keep to d tradition dats laid down. Beside, these church doctrine as i wrote earlier is used by d early christain to feel d episode of all events in d bible. Just as christ said in d bible dat 'happy are those who dont see but yet the believe'.
The church has left the truth and embraced falsehood. If these practises where biblical/christiany, the apostles of Christ would have done them, also we didn't hear the disciples of the apostles performing them either.(If u're conversant with history). All these started during the 5th century after the death of christ when the devil deceived the church into having a Pope which is not a biblical title (peter , James never used the title). The only titles God ordained can be found in the book of Ephesians 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
Any other is man-made!
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by Empredboy(m): 8:16am On Apr 05, 2015
RobinHez:

The church has left the truth and embraced falsehood. If these practises where biblical/christiany, the apostles of Christ would have done them, also we didn't hear the disciples of the apostles performing them either.(If u're conversant with history). All these started during the 5th century after the death of christ when the devil deceived the church into having a Pope which is not a biblical title (peter , James never used the title). The only titles God ordained can be found in the book of Ephesians 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
Any other is man-made!
. Sorry i dnt understand u. If i may guess what u are saying, u mean all i wrote are not biblical. Ok in a simple way 2 make u understand d topic. I wrote the reason why catholic church doctrine is like that. Plz read again. Now coming to d apostles way of worship wch u said. Did the bible tell u pastors to put on suit,agbada or tee shirt to altar of worship? Atleast God commanded Aaron on the kind of robe to wear and how the altar will look like. Talking about the altar formation, in d old testement animals were offered to God frm the altar. Now jesus been the new lamb of God too most be offered as sercrifise on the altar in the form of bread and wine. So bro understand the old and new passage of the bible so as to get the link between them because christ did not come to abolish the law but to fufil all rightousness
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by Empredboy(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2015
RobinHez:

Any other is man-made!
. Why are pastors used to putting on suit,agbada? Atleast aaron the priest was commanded by God to put on a specific robe to altar, also God told moses aw altar sud be made. Are u ppl still doing dat? Now look at the link. On d altar sheep,dove n other animals were slaughter on the altar. Coming to the new testement, jesus represented the animal becos he is d lamb of God who take away our sin, in addition even jesus said unless u eat my flesh and drink my blood u wont av life. To make u understand dat catholics are not flesh eaters, jesus took bread n wine and he said that is his body n blood. We sud always do dat in his remembrance. Infact after his death his apostle failed to recognised him until he broke bread n wine. So what i am saying is that what u see in d catholic are all biblical though there are some which are oral traditions. Like in ur pentecostal church, bible didnt say pastor to wear coat. But all pastors do dat. Why? Cos its a tradition. From my topic i gave reason why all these u see in catholic are like that. Plz read again cos more is yet to come
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by RobinHez(m): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2015
Empredboy:
. Sorry i dnt understand u. If i may guess what u are saying, u mean all i wrote are not biblical. Ok in a simple way 2 make u understand d topic. I wrote the reason why catholic church doctrine is like that. Plz read again. Now coming to d apostles way of worship wch u said. Did the bible tell u pastors to put on suit,agbada or tee shirt to altar of worship? Atleast God commanded Aaron on the kind of robe to wear and how the altar will look like. Talking about the altar formation, in d old testement animals were offered to God frm the altar. Now jesus been the new lamb of God too most be offered as sercrifise on the altar in the form of bread and wine. So bro understand the old and new passage of the bible so as to get the link between them because christ did not come to abolish the law but to fufil all rightousness
...So that we would be free from the law! Christ!...Jesus was sacrificed once and for all...claiming to be sacrificing the saviour again on the altar is Idolatry! Our Lord only commanded us to observe the Lord's supper in HIS REMEMBRANCE.
All the things u mentioned like advent, ephphany, christmas etc were never ordained by christ nor His apostles to whom the mightiness of the Holy Spirit came upon. Paul never made mention of them in all of his 13 epistles neither Peter, Jude or even John the revelator.
Brother I want u to understand that any practice that is contradictory to what is laid down in the bible is falsehood......and remember the consequences of adding or subtracting the Word of God. Please think about it. God bless!
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by RobinHez(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2015
Empredboy:
in addition even jesus said unless u eat my flesh and drink my blood u wont av life.

Sorry I had to pick this out specially because so many of Jesus followers left Him after they heard this doctrine.

Jesus is the way, the TRUTH and the Life.
The word of God is TRUTH and life.
In the beginning was the WORD and the Word was with God and the WORD was GOD.

Linking it all up JESUS=The Word of GOD=The Truth.
What Jesus was telling them was, if u don't eat The Truth(which is Christ) u can't have eternal life. He wants us to know the Word of God because He said, "and u shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set u free". In another chapter He prayed for his disciples saying "sanctify them through The Truth, thy WORD is TRUTH"
So Brother please understand what u guys call Sacrament or...I dnt knw is not what christ was talking about. He's telling us to be fully grounded(eat and drink) in The Truth which is Him. And no one cometh unto the Father except by Him(the Truth)
Re: Know About The Catholic Doctrine by Empredboy(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2015
RobinHez:

Sorry I had to pick this out specially because so many of Jesus followers left Him after they heard this doctrine.

Jesus is the way, the TRUTH and the Life.
The word of God is TRUTH and life.
In the beginning was the WORD and the Word was with God and the WORD was GOD.

Linking it all up JESUS=The Word of GOD=The Truth.
What Jesus was telling them was, if u don't eat The Truth(which is Christ) u can't have eternal life. He wants us to know the Word of God because He said, "and u shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set u free". In another chapter He prayed for his disciples saying "sanctify them through The Truth, thy WORD is TRUTH"
So Brother please understand what u guys call Sacrament or...I dnt knw is not what christ was talking about. He's telling us to be fully grounded(eat and drink) in The Truth which is Him. And no one cometh unto the Father except by Him(the Truth)
since dats aw u understand ur bible then its ok. Afterall u will agree with me dat d greatest commandment is love of man n God. Abi? So dats binding on all humna race. Therefore lets keep to dat law n leave this aguement cos anybody can twist the bible to favour himself just like satan quoted bible to jesus. So leave it this way. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Searching For Gbenga Adenuga's Olekoko & Awimayehun / Do Zombie Exist? / Root Cause Of Islamic Terrorism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.