Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group (13218 Views)

Herdsmen Attack: Buhari's Silence Fueling Continous Attack- Christian Group Says / Adamawa Governorship Result: APC Leading. / We’re Under Threat For Endorsing Buhari – Christian Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by lalasticlala(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ahead of next Saturday’s governorship election, a Christian group has pledged to mobilise Christians in Adamawa to vote Nuhu Ribadu, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as Governor of Adamawa State.

The group, PDP Christian Supporters Forum for Ribadu, said it based its decision on the anti-corruption history of Nigeria’s former anti-graft chief.

The chairman of the group, Vincent Hassan, who stated his group’s stance at a press conference in Yola on Saturday, urged Nigerians to desist from voting people of their religion, saying the election of Muhammadu Buhari as Nigeria’s next president last Saturday was an indication that competence and history matters to voters.

Mr. Hassan said Mr. Ribadu, a Muslim, is the best among the governorship candidates in the state and based on that the group decided to cue behind him regardless of his religion.

He said his group was sure that a vote for Mr. Ribadu is a vote for rapid socio-economic transformation of the state.

Also in Adamawa, the gubernatorial candidate of People’s Democratic Movement, PDM, Ahmed Modibbo, has stated that his party will produce 25 of the State House of Assembly members based on the track record of the candidates fielded.

He warned the electorates to be wary of desperate gubernatorial candidates canvassing for their votes in the April 11 election.; as such candidates may draw back the wheel of progress if elected.

Mr. Modibbo, who addressed journalists in Yola on Saturday, said the PDM voted for the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the just concluded elections as it had no candidate of its own,
He debunked insinuations that he has withdrawn from the race for the APC governorship candidate, saying ,“I never dreamt to step down for anybody because I am the most qualified candidate.”

Mr. Modibbo called on his supporters to come out en masse and vote PDM candidates vying for House of Assembly positions in the state.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/180587-christian-group-drums-support-for-ribadu-in-adamawa.html

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by ELTON123(m): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
Finally i made it

first to comment

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by seunmsg(m): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ribadu should forget it. APC all the way in Adamawa state. Operation vote out PDP in all states of the Federation.

17 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by ozoigbondu: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ribadu for Adamawa state........he merits it for he has proven himself in EFCC and most importantly a new generation politician

14 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by ChinemeOkpan: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ribadu will loose the election.

The gubernatorial elections next week will mark the end of PDP as a party. The APC will have at least 29 state governors by the time the results are out.

Ribadu made the wrong choice by decamping to the killer party.

Even Jonathan does not like him very much

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
I'm sick and tired of politics involving religion.
Must we be sentimental about whom to vote for?

10 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Raiders: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Ribadu for Adamawa state........he merits it for he has proven himself in EFCC and most importantly a new generation politician
I just wish he used the APC platform for his governorship election. He deserve better than pdp

8 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by ozoigbondu: 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
Raiders:
I just wish he used the APC platform for his governorship election. He deserve better than pdp

Why should he use APC platform

13 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by domopps(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
His in a wrong party! Apc Candidate would beat him silly if not even to COMA! End has come to PDP in this country!

Change is Everywhere

Change is what we need

Cheeeers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by missbehave247(m): 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by RockMaxi: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Political mis-calculation by Ribadu. The ripple effect of the result of March 28 presidential election may terribly work against him. angry

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by MEILYN(m): 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ribadu is a good man but I am tipping APC to win.

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Raiders: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Why should he use APC platform
PDP in Adamawa is not in a good condition right now. The Ex PDP governor was remove from office and the acting governor is not happy he didn't get the pdp ticket. It will be hard for him to win when pdp in his state are fighting each other. All the heavy weight in Adamawa like Atiku are no longer in pdp. Besides that APC won that state in the last election so it might be hard for Ribadu to win. He should have remain in APC and I believe he would have gotten the APC ticket since he was a chieftain in ACN in his state. I really want him to win but his pdp party is not in a good condition right now to win Adamawa

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Firefire(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Ribadu will loose the election.

The gubernatorial elections next week will mark the end of PDP as a party. The APC will have at least 29 state governors by the time the results are out.

Ribadu made the wrong choice by decamping to the killer party.

Even Jonathan does not like him very much

wonderful...
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Mogidi: 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ribadu is a future pdp and Nigerian leader, mark these words.
Whatever happens in the governorship election, there's no stopping the ambition of this great northerner, the real anti-corruption crusader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by stonemind(f): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Just following
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by justdivine: 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice one
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Raiders: 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
RockMaxi:
Political mis-calculation by Ribadu. The ripple effect of the result of March 28 presidential election may terribly work against him. angry

he made a very wrong choice. I believe he would have won the APC ticket if he had remain in the party.

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by efilefun(m): 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lets see the outcome of the elections, religion shouldn't matter, moreover didnt PDP lose to APC during the president elections

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by 1N9a: 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
These people again shocked embarassed? That how they will alwayz be fooling them self by claiming the support of all existing groups .....I tot past experience shd b a gud lesson buh some pipe wl neva learn no matter what. .. grin grin
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by TI1919(m): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
grin
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Zenzu01(m): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmm.......this is the Man of the people buh is he d man from God??
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by tempex88(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Ribadu is not anti Apc
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by odeebee: 8:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
pdp to apc to.pdp a confused man
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by odeebee: 8:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
pdp to apc to.pdp a confused GREEDY man
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by ruffDiamond: 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ehya . . as much as l like him BUT HE BACKED THE WRONG HORSE TOO BAD HE'S gonna lose his ass to APC .

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by seedorfg(m): 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
RIDE ON RIBADU, UP APC
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by san316(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
That was how they endorsed GEJ till he lost the election.

However, I prefer a Ribadu governorship regardless of his party.

I am Hayyyy Feeee Seeee
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Panshow(m): 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
I hope he wins, else his political career will hit the rocks.
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by seedorfg(m): 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ribadu why na, i just heard you are in pdp, why na, dem poses you nii
Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
SDP will win in Adamawa.

Quote me when it happens.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group by alaoeri: 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Them they deceive this guy just they way Jona was deceived. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Libya Returnees Protest Non-Payment Of Stipend In Edo / Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State / Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.