Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,432 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

My Opinion:why GEJ Should Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion:why GEJ Should Go (568 Views)

Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / GEJ Should Apologise To Ijaws And Niger Deltans / Five Things GEJ Should Do To Win The Presidentail Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion:why GEJ Should Go by Rockers4l: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
my opinion
Our problem in this country is that we are too biased and sentimental to our own detriment ,am not a fan of Gej or that of Gmb but it's too obvious that Gej can't handle this country,he failed to control the thieves that surrounds him from looting our nation's treasure ,he never allowed the EFCC send some sacred criminals to jail,even at that he couldn't even control his wife MAMA PEACE from becoming a menance to nigeria's polity,we all know that the office of the First lady is not constitutionally recognised although the funding and it's staff is been done by the federal government,she engaged herself in a tussle with some of the south-south PDP governors,her domineering attitude struck fears into the heart some of jonathans cabinet and governors that made them rever her. her scuffle with rotimi amaechi led to a more disastrous end.it was obvious that jonathan in not incharge of his own family talkmore of Nigeria ,Many notable nigerian told jonathan to call his wife to order,this led to another exchange of words in the Media btween MAMA PEACE and Nobel laurette Wole soyinka,it wouldn't come as a suprised when former Nigerian president,Obasanjo alleged that Nigeria has five Female presidents which are okonjo iweala,allison madueke,stella oduah ,MAMA PEACE and GEJ, while GEJ is the weakest of them all.Nigeria is a very complicated and sensitive country that cannot be ruled by a weak character.in a bid to fight insurgency GEJ has succeeded in destroying the military,his calm demanour made military chiefs to take him for granted,corruption,and sabotouers became a trending lifestyle and character amomg military officers, even when there are cases of delayed salaries among the soldiers he kept quiet,there was no life insurance for soldiers in the battle field,money that was supposed to be payed to the families of soldiers who fell on the battleground where squandered by top corrupt military officers ,there was nothing to boost the morale of soldiers fighting in the field, soldiers were ill equiped to fight their counterpart(bokoharam)who has more sophisticated weapons that was a more reason why we hear annoying headlines of soldier dropping their weapon in war front and running away into the nearest country,we also heard of young soldiers out of frustration attempted mutiny due to inadequasies and corruption among their seniors, Am not saying that they are right for trying to tople their seniors but after they have been punished why has GEJ not checkmate these corupt generals
during the buhari certificate saga, i was suprised to hear people saying the oldman didn't go to school,then i asked the same people ,is it possible for buhari to go US Army war College without his certificate?could he have attened Mons officer cadet school in UK without his certificate? when asked of his certificate buhari said its with the army. The Army came out pointblank and denied being in possesion of his certificate infact According to the Army he was accepted into the then Nigerian Military training College which we know today as Nigerian Defence Academy based on recomendation of his secondary school principal in kastina. The story changed when Buhari was declared winner of the just concluded Presidential election,The same Army who denied being in possesion of buhari's certificate came out again telling us that they have found his certificate .it is clear to a blindman that the Military has been politicized .The Nigerian Military is in bad Shape ,An institution that is suppose to protect us is now a tool of manipulation in the hands of corrupt power brokers in the country.these people de see us as mumu oooo
wielding power is one thing ,knowing how to use it to effect change positively is another,Nigeria is bigger than GEJ ,corruption has eaten deep into the nigerian society under his watch,in my opinion he was not meant to be a president but due to stroke of luck became one ,that which is commendable .Nigerians should learn to say no visionless leaders.just like the late Afro singer Fela said Nigerians are suffering and smiling .Fuel pump price used to be N65 until one day we heard of subsidy scam ,the price doubled since then it has been a game of little decrease and increase in price of fuel yet we are not complaining,the federal government came out and said that there were a group of oil cabals scaming the federal government in the name of fuel subsidy,GEJ said he knows who they are and yet why are they not being punished ,why are they not in jail? because it was all a scam. Nobody is asking Question.the Masses kept quiet.Now $1 =N200 ,why is it like that .Under his(GEJ) Watch okonjo iweala and some bussiness Cabals gambled with out economy and we are suffering.Take a look at our Health Sector its nothing to write home about ,health insurance is just an illusion yet we are suffering and smiling.nobody is asking questions, lies everywhere,the money generated by EFCC has become the Story of FROM ONE THIEF TO ANOTHER ,billion of naira that was recoverd from pension office,where is it? Which sectors was the money channelled into? we are not asking questions.issue of steady power supply is now story for the gods .No job ,even those whose managed to get one don't even have job security..Six weeks to the Election the military began a massive attack on Bokoharam ,within the space of six weeks bokoharam was wiped out and recovered places captured by the islamic militants,Why was this action not taken four years ago? All this lives that were wasted are they not relevant?these people are playing politics with the lives of the nigerians,toward the election the pump price for fuel was decreased by N10 just to win the heart of the people and some days later it increased by N11,who is fooling who? we don't even care or even ask questions ,inflation everywhere ,The problem is we are conversant with pain and troubles,we are used to sufferings that we no longer no if we are suffering or not,we just don't care. it amazes me when a lawmaker during his campaign tells the people that he will build roads and street light,you see people jubilating,where will he get the money to build roads and street light? is that the work of a lawmaker? we don't ask questions,That's our main problem,until we learn to ask questions these old fools will continue to ride us
Am not saying that GEJ is corrupt ,NO all am saying is his war on corruption is below average,Corruption cannot stop development but will hamper it.GEJ's administration was destroyed by corrupt officials who surrounded him.Nigerians should rise above regional and ethnic politics and think of better nigeria.buhari should be given a chance ,As it stand buhari is the only man that can lead nigeria to a greater height,a general with no foul stench of corruption,lets not begin now to judge him until four years later
Alot of people are of the opinions that the igbos will suffer in buhari's regime This is an unfounded assertion and believe you me the igbos will not only survive but will benefit more in this regime ,we have seen the worst and this is the height of it ,things will only get better.for those prophesying doom on igbos better go back and check again
the game has changed,the former players are no longer in the game,those criminals should prepare for jail i enjoin my fellow Nigerians to wake up
never again should we be taken for granted in this country
never again shall there be insecurity
never again should we be relegated to the backyard
let us pray and hope that things will work out for good

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Long Trip Back To Otuoke / PDP Gives Out Plastic Cups During Campaign (picture) / Oba Of Lagos Confesses – “I Was High On Orijin”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.