Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? (668 Views)

"The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM / Oritsejafor At Celebration Of Life Of Falegan In Ekiti (Pics) / The Manner Of Jesus Christ’s Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by Medley(m): 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
I think people are always celebrating christmas without actually knowing why they are celebrating.

Many are carried away with the huge celebrations and merry making,that they are enticed to join.

The main purpose of the birth was that christ will die and take away the sins of the world. This is the salvation,and without which is birth would have been of no importance.

Are we not to even celebrate the easter with more joy and hope.

Why then is the easter celebrated so solemnly,with few people that celebrated his birth partaking in it.

What then is the essence of celebrating Jesus birth,if we hardly celebrate easter?
Re: Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Have u ever celebrate ur family or friendz death? If u do, u b confirm witch. No beef bro
Re: Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by Medley(m): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
LOVEGINO:
If u do, u b confirm......

the context here is easter,which is the death of Jesus. Don't mix up,biblical happenings and events with what is obtainable here on earth.
Re: Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by Medley(m): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
LOVEGINO:
If u do, u b confirm......

the context here is easter,which is the death of Jesus. Don't mix up,biblical happenings and events with what is obtainable here on earth.

Are you a christian,because i don't seem to understand why you reasoned this way
Re: Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by LOVEGINO(m): 10:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
Medley:

Are you a christian,because i don't seem to understand why you reasoned this way
so no be earth bros J die abi? Make una dey mislead Xtian. Oya bring banga make we enta street begin celebrate say Jesus die yestadai. In Biggiano tone: "all of una go shayo". I can't wait 4 Bros J to rise 2nite. See gbedu!
Re: Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by LOVEGINO(m): 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by Greatken007(m): 5:43am On Apr 05, 2015
HIS DEATH WAS NOT JUST ORDINARY,THERE WAS A NEED FOR IT AND IT REMAINED SIGNIFICANT IN THE HISTORY OF MAN KIND.HE DIED FOR THE REMISSION OF OUR SINS AND FOR OUR SALVATION OF OUR SOUL.IT WAS AS A RESULT OF THIS GREAT EVENT THE HOLY COMMUNION WAS INSTITUTED AND HE DIRECTED THAT THE CELEBRATION OF THE COMMUNION BE CONTINUOUS IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM.
Re: Why Is There A Huge Diffence In The Manner Of Celebration Of christmas & easter? by Medley(m): 7:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Greatken007:
HIS DEATH WAS NOT JUST ORDINARY,THERE WAS A NEED FOR IT AND IT REMAINED SIGNIFICANT IN THE HISTORY OF MAN KIND.HE DIED FOR THE REMISSION OF OUR SINS AND FOR OUR SALVATION OF OUR SOUL.IT WAS AS A RESULT OF THIS GREAT EVENT THE HOLY COMMUNION WAS INSTITUTED AND HE DIRECTED THAT THE CELEBRATION OF THE COMMUNION BE CONTINUOUS IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM.

That means easter is best celebrated by sober reflection,is it not suppose to be a time to rejoice for defeating sin

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Be A Boxer ? / Special Grocery List / My Mum Thought Me How To Pray. Can You Believe It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.