Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? (752 Views)

Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by nenergy(m): 5:40am On Apr 05, 2015
You have an outstanding debt (owing for almost a year) and your creditor has been very understanding. Month end your employer pays a long overdue bonus.

Do you pay your tithe or settle your debt?

I ask because a certain guy boasted about paying more that 10% as tithe monthly, yet he is owing someone N20, 000 for almost a year.

What does the Bible say about this?
Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by kilokeys(m): 5:47am On Apr 05, 2015
debts first..

thats a fat log on his conscience.

the church might nt need his speck (his small change)

he is just a boastful self-righteous prick.. and God hates hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by Tallesty1(m): 6:34am On Apr 05, 2015
If by tithe you mean giving a tenth of my earning to a pastor.

Then forget it, I don't tithe

1 Like

Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 05, 2015
The guy is just be selfish and wicked. Debt is bad,and the bible condemns anything bad,with his refusal to pay the debt,he's depriving someone of his happiness too..

Most Christians always hide under the coat christ to perpetuate evil..

He's only wasting his money on tithe,if he didn't clear his debts,and make amendment where needed.

1 Like

Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by TheMascot(m): 6:59am On Apr 05, 2015
Hol up hol up hol up...if the nigger aint settle his dues then why he gonna pay thite..it be something like you wicked nd wana see some dude go broke......hehehhehe!!...dnt tell me u understoond what I just wrote?
Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 05, 2015
You are going to pay 10% out of your salary and 10% out of your bonus then you can settle your debts maybe in bits. Because you cannot rob God and the church of God must move forward. Hehehehehehe

Or

You pay your debt and pay your outstanding tithe the next month. That is, you pay 10% in two places/envelopes.
Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by Eggcelent(m): 7:14am On Apr 05, 2015
I'll settle my debts first.
Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 05, 2015
No need to think abt it. Tithing of money by Christians is one of the greatest financial frauds ever.
Ur religious friend is proud to be scammed monthly. Smh
When did God become a mafia boss who collects 'protection money' from people?

2 Likes

Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by cold(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2015
nenergy:
You have an outstanding debt (owing for almost a year) and your creditor has been very understanding. Month end your employer pays a long overdue bonus.

Do you pay your tithe or settle your debt?

I ask because a certain guy boasted about paying more that 10% as tithe monthly, yet he is owing someone N20, 000 for almost a year.

What does the Bible say about this?
Your creditor have been very understanding like you said. Now you have the means to offset your debt,but rather than reciprocate the good gesture of your creditor,pay your debt,keep your credibility & remain in good stead for posterity sake. No you want to stretch his patience a little further,make some more excuses why you can't do it now because you want to make your pastor happy by dancing hypocritically to the front of the church with a sheepish grin on your face and dropping a fat envelope into the collection box/basin. How would your god even view such an act of brazen hypocrisy?
Assuming your creditor was in church too and sees you gyrating seriously to hand in your 10% protection money after you have sworn to him you haven't been paid and need more time,how is he supposed to feel? I leave that on your conscience.
Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by nenergy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yomieluv:

He's only wasting his money on tithe,if he didn't clear his debts,and make amendment where needed.
#Word smiley
Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by nenergy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
cold:

Assuming your creditor was in church too and sees you gyrating seriously to hand in your 10% protection money after you have sworn to him you haven't been paid and need more time,how is he supposed to feel? I leave that on your conscience.
10% protection money smiley
Re: Situational Decision: Do You Pay Your Tithe Or Settle Your Debt? by nenergy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Found this...case settled!

Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom
taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is
owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to
whom honor is owed.
- Romans 13:7 ESV

(1) (Reply)

Lets Rep. Our Churches / Penticostalism... The Life And Death Of Christianity In Nigeria / The Truth About The New International Version (NIV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.