Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move (1097 Views)

On The Peace Move Between Tonyebarcanista,IPOB Agitators, And Others / President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by midolian(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
WARRI-EX-AGITATOR, “Gen” Augustine Ogedegbe, weekend, pleaded with the leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Front, NDPVF, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari to accept the reality that General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) is now the President-elect of Nigeria just as President Goodluck Jonathan and others have accepted it.

Ogedegbe in a statement in Warri, said, “I want to use this opportunity to call on a very high leader, Alhaji (General) Asari Dokubo to please key into the peace drive of Mr. President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. Asari, please let us give peace a chance, I beg you in the name of God not go against the wish of Jonathan.”

He said, “The President has displayed leadership and the international world has rated him as an elder statesman, please we should not breach the peace of this country for our self-interest, Nigeria as a nation is more important than any individual, I urge all the Niger Delta agitators to embrace peace and see General Mohamadu Buhari’s victory as God’s will.”

According to him, “We all should get ready to work with the President- elect, General Buhari to take Nigeria as a country to a very high level. We need development, infrastructure and human capital development for Niger Delta and Nigeria at large, we must not forget Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s Transformation Agenda for Nigeria nation.”

“ I therefore Congratulate General Mohamadu Buhari for his victory as president elect, your victory as the winner of presidential election in the 2015 poll is a sign that God is with
Nigeria as one nation, one people, one county,” he asserted.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/dokubo-asari-urged-to-key-into-jonathans-peace-move/
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by lokito: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
No need to beg the guy. If Asari do anyhow eh, only am go choose the cooler (prison) wey him go stay.

N/B
We call prison cooler here b/c in prison, people cool down by force no matter how much dey rake. By the time dem go remove him boxers and singlet throw am inside there, him go humble pass Orubebe

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by midolian(m): 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
I feel they r just making this guy feel too important by urging him to embrace peace. Abi na sin say GEJ lose election? Or shld we now let GEJ continue till 2019 because of some guy called Asari? This fat bellied guy isn't bigger than N/Delta let alone Nigeria..

A bullet(just 1 bullet) through his fat ugly belly will eventually silence him if he continues this way undecided

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
why are they pleading with him? SMH sha

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by GOATandYAMtheory: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
Pls who the hell is Asari?

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by Flets: 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
This is the only way to ensure relative peace and continued revenue.

The children littered all over this forum have been shouting 'the fear of Buhari' like the creeks care. The only way option on this Issue is seeking peace for a start.

Even when Buhari assumes office, he must be careful as well to carry every group along. If he misfires, things will get ugly so quickly.

We'll be walking on egg shells for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by midolian(m): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:

The children littered all over this forum have been shouting 'the fear of Buhari' like the creeks care. The only way option on this Issue is seeking peace for a start.

Even when Buhari assumes office, he must be careful as well to carry every group along. If he misfires, things will get ugly so quickly.

shaaaraaap abeg...where is the beauty of democracy if after a peaceful election, one ugly thing will begin to threaten the peace of the nation jst because the result of the election doesn't favour him? I am sure if GEJ was declared the winner in the jst concluded election, and a man from the north threatens the peace of the nation jst because Buhari loses, you ll be the first to say to hell with him...

Now Lemme ask u the question "who the hell is Asari Dokubo and why do you feel he deserves to be begged"?

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by VickJames(m): 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Na body de sweet Asari, hin wife dan tonkolo for hin food naim de make am yaga anyhow!

Make he piss go sleep, night dan de come

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
midolian:
shaaaraaap abeg...where is the beauty of democracy if after a peaceful election, one ugly thing will begin to threaten the peace of the nation jst because the result of the election doesn't favour him? I am sure if GEJ was declared the winner in the jst concluded election, and a man from the north threatens the peace of the nation jst because Buhari loses, you ll be the first to say to hell with him...

Now Lemme ask u the question "who the hell is Asari Dokubo and why do you feel he deserves to be begged"?
ur head dey correct, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by Bashirfuntua(m): 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
seun
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by Flets: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
midolian:

Nigeria is sitting on the wrong structure and until that structure is corrected....... northern violence, fulani invasion, bokoharam, ND militancy, biafran agitation, ombatse cults etc will continue to crop up.

As evil as these groups and their activities appear, they represent sectional interests in today's Nigeria. Until the individual regions start to feel the direct and sole impact of these as it affects the growth of their regions... they shall be dealt with.

Implement true federalism and watch these evil vices disappear permanently.

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by midolian(m): 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:

Nigeria is sitting on the wrong structure and until that structure is corrected....... northern violence, fulani imvasion, bokoharam, southern militancy, biafran agitation, ombatse cults etc will continue to crop up.

Implement true federalism and watch these evil vices disappear permanently.
oh so this is why Asari deserves to be begged? Smh

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by IGBOSON2: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
midolian:

^^^How i wish Buhari is like you lot....his arrogant, intolerant followers! I'd love him to go into the Niger Delta issue shooting straight from the hip....all guns blazing!!!

I can tell you for nothing that on assumption of office, how he approaches the Niger Delta issue will define his entire 4 year stay in office; and by extension Nigerias' economic fortunes!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by midolian(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^How i wish Buhari is like you lot....his arrogant, intolerant followers! I'd love him to go into the Niger Delta issue shooting straight from the hip....all guns blazing!!!

I can tell you for nothing that on assumption of office, how he approaches the Niger Delta issue will define his entire 4 year stay in office; and by extension Nigerias' economic fortunes!
if only the militants were fighting for a just course then I wld have agreed with you..buh my question is "what is Asari fighting for?"....pple don't want GEJ and he was voted out of power..pls what is wrong with that? Why is Asari coming up with "north and east conspiracy" theory? Why is he threatening the peace of the nation?
I still don't want to believe its because his paymaster lost the election..its ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by Ngokafor(f): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
midolian:

...You better keep quiet and allow those begging Asari to achieve the much needed peace we need in this country..

..The last time these militants were harassing the economy of this country,non of you cowards spewing trash here did jack to stop them..so i wonder were this nonsense boasting from you guys are coming from...
...except you are military personal who is sure of fighing boko-haram and Niger-Delta militants simultanously,i suggest you keep quiet and allow relevant bodies who knows what these militants can do do their job..thank you.
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by cold(m): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:

That is what these arm chair generals don't get. They just keep screaming war like they have any idea what they're talking about. All it takes is one dynamite,one pipeline and Nigeria's economy would be set back by several barrels. How many people will Buhari kill before he realises it's a lost cause. Obasanjo tried it and failed. Yar adua came up with a better plan and Nigeria's economy was better for it.
I know Buhari is sagacious enough to thread the path of peace and not make loose statements that could further inflame strained nerves. The atmosphere in the ND is tenuous at best. If Buhari truly wants to transform Nigeria he must carry everyone along and keep this peace we have so far enjoyed.
In any event,the Nigerian military does not have the capability to fight wars on two fronts so it will be ill advised to try. I'm sure Buhari's new army chiefs would thoroughly debrief him on the consequences of opening another front in the ND with the army still coming to grips with the insurgency in the north east
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by midolian(m): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ngokafor:

...You better keep quiet and allow those begging Asari to achieve the much needed peace we need in this country..

..The last time these militants were harassing the economy of this country,non of you cowards spewing trash here did jack to stop them..so i wonder were this nonsense boasting from you guys are coming from...
...except you are military personal who is sure of fighing boko-haram and Niger-Delta militants simultanously,i suggest you keep quiet and allow relevant bodies who knows what these militants can do do their job..thank you.
TO HELL WITH ASARI DOKUBO (5million times)...thank you
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
This guy needs amnesty... Jona pls give him before you go... sad undecided
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by chat2deen(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
“I want to use this opportunity to call on a very high leader, Alhaji (General) Asari Dokubo to please key into the peace drive of Mr. President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. Asari, please let us give peace a chance, I beg you in the name of God not go against the wish of Jonathan"

General?? Dats empty skull wey rice n dodo full hin stomach. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by omonnakoda: 8:53am On Apr 06, 2015
cold:

That is what these arm chair generals don't get. They just keep screaming war like they have any idea what they're talking about. All it takes is one dynamite,one pipeline and Nigeria's economy would be set back by several barrels. How many people will Buhari kill before he realises it's a lost cause. Obasanjo tried it and failed. Yar adua came up with a better plan and Nigeria's economy was better for it.
I know Buhari is sagacious enough to thread the path of peace and not make loose statements that could further inflame strained nerves. The atmosphere in the ND is tenuous at best. If Buhari truly wants to transform Nigeria he must carry everyone along and keep this peace we have so far enjoyed.
In any event,the Nigerian military does not have the capability to fight wars on two fronts so it will be ill advised to try. I'm sure Buhari's new army chiefs would thoroughly debrief him on the consequences of opening another front in the ND with the army still coming to grips with the insurgency in the north east
Simple stuff from a simple mind. Oil is important but not as important as many think. Without any of your "dynamite" global forces have "HALVED" revenues from oil and Nigeria has not collapsed. There are many who think foreign exchange is good for its own sake but this is untrue. Much of what Nigeria imports it can make. By the way we are making about $20-40 billion from oil now and in a so called $500 billion economy it is no great shakes. It will hurt to lose it suddenly but in reality the lives of Nigerians are no better than any othe African country without oil. Most definitely not in the North

@ $50 a barrel and 2 million barrels a day X 365 =$37.5 billion . How much of that figure is PROFIT and how much of that profit do the oil companies take.
A major problem with the current government is entrenching our dependence on imports and thus selling us the lie that exports are necessary to be weathy.This is not true for ALL nations especially one as resource rich as Nigeria. Nigeria does "Not have the capacity" but the rag tag jokers in the delta do? This time there will be no "WAR" if necessary the AMALEK solution would be applied only this time it would be EVACUATE and not KILL. Every single man,woman goat or fish will be removed from hotspots and relocated elsewhere. We will REPOPULATE the area with Kanuris Ask the Palestinians who are no begging for two states. We will repopulate the area with Kanuris and we will have New Gwoza,New Baga and New Chibok.Thankfully Kanuris ar fishermen.The Ijaws can fish the Lake Chad in Peace. By the time we establish new FACTS on the Ground the Ijaws will know that they are minority.At any rate I do not see Itsekiris or Urhobos joining them in their madness.
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by omonnakoda: 9:07am On Apr 06, 2015
IGBOSON2:

There is no need for him to do that .First of all let us stop this "Niger Delta" phraseology. We are talking about Ijaws and they are on their own.When GEJ was in power who were the most senior Ogonis,Efik,Ibibio,,Isoko,Urhobo or Itsekiri in his government? He was there for 5 years did he clean up the pollution in Ogoni land? This is about Ijaws and not the Niger Delta and even among the Ijaws it is about militants. There are many more from the Niger Delta who are reasonable who do not key into the militancy and government will work with them. What is needed in the Niger Delta is to clean up the environment ,stop gas flaring and to bring development and opportunities for ALL. The AMNESTY Model is not the way to do this.That alone is 90 billion a year the budget of some states". If we are having a debate about derivation I welcome that but not this militantocracy. A key person in Bhari's team is Amaechi and I believe he knows what is needed.
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by cold(m): 9:54am On Apr 06, 2015
omonnakoda:
Simple stuff from a simple mind. Oil is important but not as important as many think. Without any of your "dynamite" global forces have "HALVED" revenues from oil and Nigeria has not collapsed. There are many who think foreign exchange is good for its own sake but this is untrue. Much of what Nigeria imports it can make. By the way we are making about $20-40 billion from oil now and in a so called $500 billion economy it is no great shakes. It will hurt to lose it suddenly but in reality the lives of Nigerians are no better than any othe African country without oil. Most definitely not in the North

@ $50 a barrel and 2 million barrels a day X 365 =$37.5 billion . How much of that figure is PROFIT and how much of that profit do the oil companies take.
A major problem with the current government is entrenching our dependence on imports and thus selling us the lie that exports are necessary to be weathy.This is not true for ALL nations especially one as resource rich as Nigeria. Nigeria does "Not have the capacity" but the rag tag jokers in the delta do? This time there will be no "WAR" if necessary the AMALEK solution would be applied only this time it would be EVACUATE and not KILL. Every single man,woman goat or fish will be removed from hotspots and relocated elsewhere. We will REPOPULATE the area with Kanuris Ask the Palestinians who are no begging for two states. We will repopulate the area with Kanuris and we will have New Gwoza,New Baga and New Chibok.Thankfully Kanuris ar fishermen.The Ijaws can fish the Lake Chad in Peace. By the time we establish new FACTS on the Ground the Ijaws will know that they are minority.At any rate I do not see Itsekiris or Urhobos joining them in their madness.
Intelligent stuff from an intelligent mind. Intelligence must have a new definition...sigh
Re: Dokubo-asari Urged To Key Into Jonathan’s Peace Move by omonnakoda: 10:08am On Apr 06, 2015
cold:

Intelligent stuff from an intelligent mind. Intelligence must have a new definition...sigh
In the crypts of your mind no doubt

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Battles Marijuana Smokers In Ilorin, 2 Killed / Has The SW Made The Wrong Move? ( Part 2) / My Objective Take On The Sudanese President's Arrest - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.