Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 (791 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by bunmioguns(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2015

ABEOKUTA – Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has charged Nigerians to repeat what they did at the presidential and National Assembly elections, which produced the President-elect, Major General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as winner of the election during the coming governorship and state assembly elections .

Obasanjo stated this, weekend in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital during his surprise visit to the popular Itoku market in Abeokuta south local government area of the state.

Obasanjo who had arrived the market at about 4:30 pm visited the few adire (local fabric) stores, local herb section and other segments in the market, saying, he was in the market on an unscheduled visit.

While addressing the traders, Obasanjo said since he returned from Abuja as President, he had not been opportune to visit the market in the spirit of Easter, stating that he just felt it was appropriate to do it during the season.

Obasanjo, who spoke in Yoruba says: “since I came back from Abuja, I have not come here to say hello to you. But, it occurs to me that I can do it during this Easter period and that is why I have come. How is market and hope you are all faring well? Response was given spontaneously by the jubilation traders.

Speaking with newsmen on why he visited the market, Obasanjo said “Since I came back, I have not really visited any market. I have come to do two things. I have come to give them Easter greetings and to find out how they are doing in their market.”

“This is my community. As a member of the community, I want to know what’s going on and what’s happening in the community.”

When asked by newsmen on what he expects the Nigerians to do at the coming governorship election, Obasanjo said “they should do exactly what they did last Saturday,” He declared as he made into his waiting vehicle.

It would be recalled that Obasanjo retired from partisan politics earlier this year. Back then, after supervising the tearing of his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, membership card said he would prefer to play the role of a statesman.

Things fell apart between Obasanjo and the outgoing-President Goodluck Jonathan.

The running battle however reached point of ‘no settlement’ in December 2013 when Obasnjo wrote a letter that was published in newspapers.

Since then, Obasanjo had publicly made his support known in the choice of Buhari, who was elected on March 28.

http://www.goldmyne.tv/obasanjo-to-nigerians-repeat-march-28-on-april-11/

Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by siegfried99(m): 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ok sir grin
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by abdulhadi101(m): 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Lols
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by judiciarypalava: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yeye man, so that it will be a one way traffic like during the time of PDP. We must vote PDP or any other, so we can have a very strong opposition for checks and balances. In fact, this is the time to vote more opposition for strong competition.
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by hamrad(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
OK sir
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by busterr(m): 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
smartass
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by Janet101(f): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yes sir
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Affirmative!
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by Young03(m): 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
I shoundnt av commented
Re: Obasanjo To Nigerians: Repeat March 28 On April 11 by bunmioguns(m): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2015
Young03:
I shoundnt av commented

Lol... but now you have

Cc:seun, lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Behind The Scenes Of Apc,pdp,tinubu,fashola,amobode And Jimi Agbaje / Court Refuses To Stop Impeachment Proceedings Against Fayose, Deputy / Photo Of Warri Billionaire, Ayiri Emami Campaigning For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.