Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa (927 Views)

See The Odd But Unique Bus I Encountered In Ilorin / Aisha Buhari At The Zumunta 25th Anniversary Celebration In The USA / Panama Papers: Why Some Of This Is Perfectly Legal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by helinues: 6:12am On Apr 06, 2015
There are a lot of things you can do to get yourself in trouble in America. Surprisingly, though, there are also a lot of strange things you can do that seem very illegal, but are not. Here are 13 odd but totally acceptable activities according to the U.S. legal system.

Eat Roadkill: It's actually more rare for a state to have a law against eating road kill than allowing for it, and Montana was just the latest state to join the party.

Drive Barefoot: It may be strange and a bit smelly, but it's 100 percent legal to drive barefoot in the U.S. However, if you are in an accident, cops could use this against you and cite you for negligent or reckless driving.

Walk Around Topless: It still may not be socially acceptable, but unless you live in Utah, Indiana or Tennessee you are free to walk around with your girls out, ladies.

Get Drunk With Your Kids: Parents who want to party with their children should consider moving to Massachusetts, where it is not a crime to serve your kids alcohol at home.

Own a Flamethrower: Don't even question it. Just go get one. (It's allowed in 75 percent of all states.)

Marry Your Cousin: There are 19 states, and surprisingly they are not all in the South, where it is totally legal to marry someone who has the same grandparents as you.

Wear a Colander On Your Head in Your Driver's License Photo: The "Pastafarian" movement started overseas, but has made its way to the states, including Utah, California and Oklahoma.

Ride in the Back of a Pickup Truck: Even though states have toughened up on seat belt laws, there are currently several states (including my home state of Illinois) were it's totally fine to ride in the back of a pickup.

Turn Your Backyard Into a Gun Range: This is legal in Florida (of course) as long as you are just firing small arms. What could possibly go wrong?

Have a Bear as a Pet: If dogs and cats are too boring for you, consider moving to Indiana, where it is perfectly legal to own commonly dangerous animals like alligators, wolves and bears. Just make sure you fill out the correct paperwork.

Spank Your Students: If you are a troublemaker in the classroom, you better be careful and hope you are not in one of 19 states were corporal punishment is still legal.

Be a Cannibal: While we all know that eating other humans is sick and wrong, there are no actual laws on the books in the U.S. against cannibalism. However, the act would probably mean that other laws were violated, such as murder or the desecration of a corpse.

Send Unwanted Dick Pics: If you're looking to send out pictures of your dong to people who don't want to see it, Georgia is the state for you.

Source: http://www.mandatory.com/2015/03/30/13-odd-but-perfectly-legal-things-to-do-in-the-usa/
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by phabuloz(m): 6:24am On Apr 06, 2015
Have the numerical system been change? Thought you said 13 odd facts angry
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by helinues: 6:26am On Apr 06, 2015
phabuloz:
Have the numerical system been change? Thought you said 13 odd facts angry

Does the title read Fact?
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by phabuloz(m): 6:29am On Apr 06, 2015
helinues:

Does the title read Fact?
I decide to use my own phrase
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by PapiWata: 6:29am On Apr 06, 2015
Own a full auto-assault rifle in Texas, and use it to light up any intruders that break into your home. The cops will show up to help you clean up the mess afterward, with NO charges filed for that act of self-defense.

Yeeeeeeeeehaaaw !
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by blackjack21(m): 6:34am On Apr 06, 2015
Ok angry

06:34:16
Mon, Apr 6, 2015
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 06, 2015
I see
Am coming over

But no visa yet
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by Ezedon(m): 7:10am On Apr 06, 2015
Not interested, afterall i'm not planning to go to USA cus i ve phobia for height and also Nigeria trained pilots
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by PapiWata: 7:12am On Apr 06, 2015
Ezedon:
Not interested, afterall i'm not planning to go to USA cus i ve phobia for height and also Nigeria trained pilots

My tenured Juju man can teleport you to America, for a fat fee payable in advance, so that you can avoid travel on Nigerian owned aircraft, and travel just as did our ancestors, before the days of ships and planes.
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by Ezedon(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2015
PapiWata:

My tenured Juju man can teleport you to America, for a fat fee payable in advance, so that you can avoid travel on Nigerian owned aircraft, and travel just as did our ancestors, before the days of ships and planes.
no wonder your name is papiwater
Re: 13 Odd But Perfectly Legal Things To Do In The Usa by Opinedecandid(m): 9:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Talk naija.
Over here we don't care what the laws permit or not, what we care about are:
The political party we belong,
Is the party winning elections at the State, National or local level(s)? This will define our actions and inactions.
And we also care about how to break the laws and go scot free.

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Senators! List Of Senatorial Elects. / Lagos Decide 2015 / Armed Thugs, Massive Rigging And Violence Reported In Akwa Ibom State Pics!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.