Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,063 members, 7,845,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon (757 Views)

Vote: Who Is More Beautiful Aisha Buhari, Bolanle Ambode, Or Eberechi N-wike / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos / Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by bugs1: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2015
Igbos living in Lagos were told on Sunday to vote for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Akinwumi Ambode, or else they will die in the lagoon.

A visibly angry Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, in an unconcealed threat, stated that he was not ready to beg the Igbos, but if they repeated what they did on March 28 when they voted for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), President Goodluck Jonathan, then they should be ready for the consequences.

The governorship elections are scheduled to hold on Saturday, and it is believed that Igbo residents in Lagos will vote for the PDP candidate, Jimi Agbaje, just like they did during the presidential and National Assembly elections that led to the victory of PDP candidates of Igbo origin and from Delta State in three federal constituencies in Lagos.

Speaking at a meeting with Igbo leaders in the state, according to an online news medium, Freedom Online, the first class monarch, who failed to recognise the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, said: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

“Jonathan is my son and I speak to him everyday. By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future.

“On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-to-igbos-vote-for-ambode-or-perish-inside-the-lagoon/
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 06, 2015
This will even prompt more Igbos to vote for Agbaje.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by DahtzFestjayz: 8:17am On Apr 06, 2015
Shoro Niyen
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by LubricatingOil: 8:17am On Apr 06, 2015
Well said Oba.

Let the brave ones take up the challenge, afteral they claimed Lagos is a no man's land. Let it begins!
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by Beamborla(f): 8:22am On Apr 06, 2015
This is wrong!

Apart from being wrong, this would only make Ambode lost some of his Igbo supporters.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by mogentle(m): 8:27am On Apr 06, 2015
What a source. Monitotnaija ko, keyboardnaija ni. Fake news.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by rapthugx(m): 8:33am On Apr 06, 2015
Kai this is taking it to far.
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by love884: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2015
Just wrong
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 06, 2015
OBA Rilwan. I hope this threat you have made to Igbos is just an attempt to scare them into voting ambode. Otherwise it shows that you have little exposure and remain in the unfortunate realities of the past. The wedge between the Yorubas and Igbos will remain as long as the elite of Lagos continue to spread and deepen hate fueling the animosity that already exists. You use and dump the igbos hausas and Niger Deltans as you wish but continue to reap rent and revenues far more than you will ever get from your kin. You live safely in your palace while the poor kill each other. Let it be unto you the same as you have wished for the igbos, may your tears rinse the blood off the face of your first borns before June 12, 2015.
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by omasco92(m): 8:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Am a deltan. Who wake up one morning and said lagos is no man's land. I laugh. Where are they when every city, place is been name by yoruba? Just has every place is been name by itsekiri in warri or is it wrong to accommodate u guys and who gives you d right to vote in lagos? U guy should go to ur village or due what the Oba says.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by derrick333(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2015
What oba said is rong though,but my igbo brodas can ova step boundaries,of wch no oda tribe can try it in any.igbo land
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by dROC1: 8:57am On Apr 06, 2015
Every Nigerian has the right to vote wherever they are governed. Its like saying the Hausa community should not vote their preferred candidates.
Constantly bullying a particular ethnic group for residing in Lagos is ethnic bigotry at its highest.

The Oba will surely live to regret the day he threatened genocide against the ibos.
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by LubricatingOil: 9:08am On Apr 06, 2015
dROC1:
Every Nigerian has the right to vote wherever they are governed. Its like saying the Hausa community should not vote their preferred candidates.
Constantly bullying a particular ethnic group for residing in Lagos is ethnic bigotry at its highest.

The Oba will surely live to regret the day he threatened genocide against the ibos.

You are very wrong. The igbos are the ones constantly bullying everybody. Check out Facebook, Twitter and other social media to understand what am saying. TAN which is headed by igbos went on and on with hate speeches and name calling. Be ready to dance to the tune of your music. Have you checked out JK's advertisements lately? A typical igbo man believes Yorubas and Hausas are ignorant and useless, but over and over the outcomes says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by Texcoco(m): 9:20am On Apr 06, 2015
Then by all accounts the oba should be prepare to die...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by meforyou1(m): 9:27am On Apr 06, 2015
LubricatingOil:

You are very wrong. The igbos are the ones constantly bullying everybody. Check out Facebook, Twitter and other social media to understand what am saying. TAN which is headed by igbos went on and on with hate speeches and name calling. Be ready to dance to the tune of your music. Have you checked out JK's advertisements lately? A typical igbo man believes Yorubas and Hausas are ignorant and useless, but over and over the outcomes says otherwise.
hausa and yoruba can't compete with igbo in anyway. That's why you hate us
Re: Oba Of Lagos To Igbos: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon by dROC1: 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
LubricatingOil:

You have no point.

(1) (Reply)

Security Agent Kills Thug Trying To Snatch Ballot Box In Jos / What Is Wrong With This Photo? Gov Amechi Braiding A Woman's Hair (must See) / Daura Turned Into A New Mecca.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.