Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! (5607 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / My Experience With Jehova's Witnesses Yesterday... Very Funny. / Jehova's Witnesses, Do U Have This In Your Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 10, 2015
oswardic:
Sometimes I get pissed by what JW really stand for.. "Arguments and winning debates". My question is straight forward, what exactly is the course of the JW after winning a debate? What exactly would they want the convinced become after the debate? Is it all about teaching and not applying it to their daily lives or what? I have a friend who is JW, when I came closer to him, I knew this people are just scholars of what they believe and definitely not unto God.. Their moral life is substandard, they practice basically all the immoral people practice.. My friend would smoke weeds, drinks, sleep with different girls etc, not judging but I am just being confused about what JW stands for; meanwhile, when it is time to talk about bible, you will see how calm this guy becomes and how he tries to win a debate, to it, it is all win win, probably once they are able to win a debate they are automatically open to some rewards from whoever I dont know.... For you to know they lack morals, outside a Bible discussion, raise another topic, and possibly a more worldly one, and you will see what they really stand up, no morals, only win a debate without any future induction of a godly life. Thank you!

I decided to visit this thread again after a long time. I left it cos my desire was not to win arguments, rather just to present what I believe.

You made some strong ascertions that I couldn't ignore; u have a JW friend who smokes weed and womanize and all that. You use this ur friend to judge all other JWs who you don't know. Now let's apply your theory to other christians. I have seen members of basically all Christian denominations commit one or more of the sins u mention. Safe to say that no christian demomination should talk about the bible or God, cos there are at least one of their member who lives an immoral live.

You know why its becomes significant when a JW lives an immoral live? Its cos of the high moral standards they profess and pursue. I guess u've seen at least a member of other churches smoke weed and womanize, but its no big deal cos they ain't witnesses. I ain't supporting the course of life of the JW, but to draw conclusions from the one to many would be a fallacy. For the fact that that JW was able to become close friends to you says a lot. JWs will know what I mean.

Thanks!
Re: Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 5:44am On Jul 10, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Reach Out Nigeria Campaign / Why Do People Blame The Devil Or Others For Their Errors? / Saying Prayers In Your Mind Without Opening Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.