Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:36 PM

Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years (829 Views)

"PDP Mismanaged Nigeria For 16 Years" - Buhari / Those Who Stole For 16 Years Will Suffer Prosecution For 16 Years – Oshiomhole / "How APC Destroyed Nigeria For 16 Years" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by bugs1: 10:01am On Apr 06, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan spoke yesterday about his sojourn in governance, saying he has been in a cage since 1999.

Dr. Jonathan spoke when the Christian community in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) paid him Easter homage at the new Banquet Hall of the State House, Abuja.

He described himself as one of the luckiest Nigerians, having occupied public offices from the deputy governor of Bayelsa State to governor, vice-president and president.

He said: “I thank you for coming to encourage us. This Easter period coincides with when I’m leaving but I always say I’m one of the luckiest Nigerians. From 1999 I have been in the hands of government. I am yet to see somebody luckier than me. I was in the hands of governments for 16 years, not in government as a parliamentarian, because if you are in the National Assembly or House of Assembly, you take care of yourself in your house. I was in a cage being taken care of by the government. But I think it is enough and I am happy. Help me to thank God for that.

“I will continue to thank Nigerians for giving me that privilege. I became deputy governor because Baylesans voted for me and governor then. I became VP because Nigerians voted for me and Yar’Adua. And Nigerians voted for me and Sambo. We have to thank all Nigerians. Wherever I will be, I have to thank all Nigerians. Today is a glorious day for me.”

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/goodluck-jonathan.jpg
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by cozy7(m): 10:08am On Apr 06, 2015
What?
You've been in a cage and u contested election so u can remain in d "cage"? All this Bayelsa pple eeh! They can lie....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by midolian(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2015
cozy7:
What?
You've been in a cage and u contested election so u can remain in d "cage"? All this Bayelsa pple eeh! They can lie....
lol...no mind them...so tey hin dey bribe pple to remain in that cage.
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by queenetteada: 10:20am On Apr 06, 2015
lol, when you where busy with our money u didn't realized that? This change will continue everyewhere including lagos.. vote APC, vote Ambode
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by Alexisu: 10:28am On Apr 06, 2015
A Cage? Mr President u can lie ooo.
U mean you campaigned so hard, spent billions to go back to the cage?

Abeg talk another thing joor
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by mcdc: 11:17am On Apr 06, 2015
you are a statesman, patriot, democrat................... you remain my Hero
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by sammyj: 11:37am On Apr 06, 2015
After you have enjoyed sixteen years in the same cage and now that you have lost it you are now propagating false and deceitful propaganda !!!!
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by delishpot: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2015
And he was still fighting to remain in that cage ba?
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by McBrooklyn(m): 11:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Shoro niyen? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by networkrecharg: 7:08pm On May 06, 2015
what does GEJ mean by cage.
abi naah PDP be the CAGE.

ALL PDP MEMBERS ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE TILL THEY ARE OUT OF CAGE
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by realadesco(m): 7:15pm On May 06, 2015
mcdc:
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by realadesco(m): 7:16pm On May 06, 2015
mcdc:
re u also in cage niii grin
mcdc:
re u also in cage niii
Re: Jonathan: I’ve Been In Cage For 16 Years by tpiander: 12:49am On Oct 04, 2015
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Gov.akpabio Can Only Escape Jail If He Negotiates With Buhari Says Cleric / Enough Of The Igbo Threads!!! / Breaking News: Fayose’s Impeachment In 2006 Not Valid – Supreme Court -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.