Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC (2285 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Musiliu Obanikoro's Plan To Join APC / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Senate Presidency: David Mark Begs APC, Party Chieftains Says No Way As Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by owukpa(m): 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
There are claims in the Benue Zone C senatorial district that the current Senate President and the leader of Idoma political ‘ministry’, David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark is currently under intense pressure to pitch his tent with the All Progressives Congress, APC, IDOMA VOICE has learnt.

This is coming following the victory of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of APC and the fall of the ruling party to the APC at the just conducted presidential and national assembly elections.
This move, IDOMA VOICE learnt was orchestrated by some political leaders from the Idoma kibbutz to make sure the senate presidency seat remains in their corridor.

This newspaper observed that Senator Mark has been spearheading the affairs of the upper chamber of the national assembly for more eight years uninterrupted and the Idoma community has been enjoying the ‘Number three man tag’ ever since.

However, things fell apart following the nationwide victory of the APC penultimate Saturday.
In fact, PDP has been humbled to the ground as the minority in the senate and this has further put Mark’s plan to continue as the 3IC of the nation in hot can.

This, and others prompted some concerned leaders of the Idoma political terrain to mount pressure on their leader to join the APC in order to retain his seat.

READ MORE>>>http://www.idomavoice.com/2015/04/senate-presidency-david-mark-under.html

Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by naijasaints: 12:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
He should taste the position of minority leader.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by loomer: 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
If everyone join Apc, na who wan oppose them na?

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by dridowu: 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Even if join APC, he can't be Senate President, so he should manage the minority leader in the next dispensation

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by divaoflife: 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
For wetin nah?
To become the senate president again?Noooo.Let him remain where he is.Senate presidency is not his birth right.
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by ollyruffy: 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
APC should be careful with the type of people they accept into the party. Unless they want to go same way as the PDP.

I have said it before, after 4 years, APC fails to deliver, nigerians will be glad to boot them out of power.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by chat2deen(m): 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
NASS na hin papa house? When say change! We voted change and we meant change completely and not recycling of old ones! Let his lawyers prepare how to neutralize his case in tribunal in up coming days.
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by besttrader: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
This guys are trying to evade justice, and I hope they don't. Joining APC shouldn't be an amnesty for their wanton looting.
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
“Why should he be beating a dead horse? If I were Buhari, I will not worry myself beating a dead man. We should move forward because expectations in the country are too high. Honestly, President Goodluck Jonathan is a friend and a good man. He is also a friend of the progressives but he allowed himself to be misled by bad advisers.” - Gov Kwankwaso of Kano State.

If Buhari doesn't recover the 30 Trillion Naira stolen in the past 6yrs...how do we hope to fight corruption and impunity as well as bring rapid development to the masses. PLS..GMB should probe them..he may not imprison them, but bring back our money..that is what we want...but if GMB is unjust enough to let them go...generations unborn will never Forgive him.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by kheart(m): 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
If david mark like he should change his name to oyegun buhari, he ll never get dat senate seat.
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by Orunto: 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark, even if you are the only PDP STANDING, please join others like IKERREMADU, GEMADE, OBJ, IBB, AA, BEN BRUCE, NOI, DANKOTE AND GEJ TO REORGANISE AND AMMEND PDP CONSTITUTION TO STIPULATE PENALTIES FOR DEFECTION AND PARTY's RESPONSIBILITIES FOR INSURGENCIES etc.
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Wonders shall never end! Mark join apc shocked maybe bode george and ffk will consider too grin
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by Elslim: 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
If mark joins APPC then there is absolutely no diff wiv APC and PDP... same set of people just changing package... hiyaa
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by themilanway(m): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Mark whether he joins APC(which i wouldnt want to see haapen)or not,should stay clear off the senate president seat.

Isnt he the man who asked Obanikoro to take a bow?

God help APC
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by ChinemeOkpan: 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
if he is allowed to join the APC, then I will withdraw my support for the party immediately
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
David Mark should remain in PDP as a floor member of the Senate

The PDP should also consider using him as PDP BOT chairman. Let him him lead the party from the floor of the Senate
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by cold(m): 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
Even if he joins the APC,fat chance they'll ever let him lead the senate and he knows that. Better he remains in the PDP as a minority leader,if he can't because his ego won't let him then he can opt out of the Senate and take a leading role in the party. In any event,i never really liked that David bloke anyway,i'm glad he won't be heading the senate in the 4th Republic
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by sammyj: 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
For were, APC should not allow the same man that silently killed PDP/GEJ government with silent corruption, approval and further using his house boy Moro to kill youth with job recruitment scandal to join them other wise the APC government are in for PDP trick to bring them down. And if I many ask which relevance will David Mark bring to APC's government progress ? answer is CAPITAL NO !!!!!

APC be warned, a word is enough for the wise reject the silence scam called MARK with is his trade mark !!!
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by chumakk: 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
If he does then i will know APC is not serious
Re: Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC by briefness: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
It really amazes me how people of each zone connect and struggle for political offices to be zone to them all to the benefit of politicians and a few elites around them.
There is no benefit in this for the masses. The masses have realised their power in a democracy, all these zoning position to corrupt and in some cases incompetent people must stop.

(1) (Reply)

YTBA Breaking News: Finally EFCC Arrest Ameachi Over #52B Rivers Money. / Throwback Pictures Of Gov Nyesom Wike And His Wife / Ebonyi State Lawmaker, Maria Ude Nwachi, Shares Sexy Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.