Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,813 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Rawlings: Buhari Must Restore The Pride Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rawlings: Buhari Must Restore The Pride Of Nigeria (448 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators / President Muhammadu Buhari Must Restore The Nigerian Dream Of Our Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rawlings: Buhari Must Restore The Pride Of Nigeria by Betterment: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Former President of Ghana Jerry Rawlings has stated that the victory of General Muhammadu Buhari in Nigeria’s presidential election is an indication that the country is ready to confront corruption head on.

“Nigerians did not vote for just anyone. They voted for a man whose integrity is extremely high.

"Nigeria is tired of corruption and the choice of this leader is a clear indication of where she wants to go,” the former military leader stated in a congratulatory message to the President-elect of Africa’s most populous nation.

Buhari, a former Nigerian army general who first won power three decades ago in a military coup, beat incumbent and main rival President Goodluck Jonathan in a historic presidential election in Africa’s biggest economy.

The 72-year-old stretched Mr Jonathan by about 2 million votes, testament to the faith Nigerians have put in him as a born-again democrat intent on cleaning up Nigeria's perceived corrupt politics.

Below are details of the statement released by Mr Rawlings

STATEMENT BY H.E. JERRY RAWLINGS ON OUTCOME OF NIGERIA’S ELECTIONS

“Nigerians have taken the lead in the rejection of corruption.

“The election result is a manifestation of the people’s resolve to confront corruption, dishonesty and exploitation. This is a clear message to the new leadership. A bold step has been taken towards a new Nigeria and the incoming leader cannot be unaware of what is expected of him.

“Nigerians did not vote for just anyone. They voted for a man whose integrity is extremely high. Nigeria is tired of corruption and the choice of this leader is a clear indication of where she wants to go. I hope General Buhari will put together a team whose understanding of the power of the people recognizes and respects the will of the people.

“General Buhari owes it to his people and to Black Africans, the restoration of our pride and the black man’s dignity.

“The image of President Jonathan, a Nigerian Head of State climbing up the stairs to go and complain about Boko Haram to a French President is an image I hope I will not see again."

Source: Ghana/StarrFMonline.com/103.5FM

Re: Rawlings: Buhari Must Restore The Pride Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
“Why should he be beating a dead horse? If I were Buhari, I will not worry myself beating a dead man. We should move forward because expectations in the country are too high. Honestly, President Goodluck Jonathan is a friend and a good man. He is also a friend of the progressives but he allowed himself to be misled by bad advisers.” - Gov Kwankwaso of Kano State.

If Buhari doesn't recover the 30 Trillion Naira stolen in the past 6yrs...how do we hope to fight corruption and impunity as well as bring rapid development to the masses. PLS..GMB should probe them..he may not imprison them, but bring back our money..that is what we want...but if GMB is unjust enough to let them go...generations unborn will never Forgive him.
Re: Rawlings: Buhari Must Restore The Pride Of Nigeria by corozy(m): 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
So Much expectation from the General........i pray God gv u the Means Of Tackling all dis Problem Nigeria is Facing......

(1) (Reply)

Gov Al Makura Plan To Rigg Nasarawa State Election / Video Police Order 2 Prisoners To Fight, And Beat Each Other Brutally For Their. / Defending Oba Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.