Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

You Will Die If You Fail To Vote Ambode – Oba Of Lagos Threatens Igbos In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Will Die If You Fail To Vote Ambode – Oba Of Lagos Threatens Igbos In Lagos (526 Views)

Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Ambode & Oba Akiolu At The Lagos Central Mosque For Special Thanksgiving Jumat / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Will Die If You Fail To Vote Ambode – Oba Of Lagos Threatens Igbos In Lagos by terryalexmm1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Uncategories You will die if you fail to vote Ambode – Oba of Lagos threatens Igbos in Lagos
Monday, 6 April 2015
You will die if you fail to vote Ambode – Oba of Lagos threatens Igbos in Lagos

Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has threatened Igbos in Lagos, saying any Ibo man or woman who fails to vote Lagos state APC governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode as Governor in next Saturday's governorship election will die within 7 days. According to Oba Akiolu, he owns Lagos and his bidding must be done by everyone in the state.

Daily Independent reports that Oba Akiolu gave out the threat when he met with Igbo leaders resident in Lagos at his Palace yesterday April 5th.

"On Saturday, if any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn't happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and its not my father who gave birth to me. By  the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair.

The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future. On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos state, the person is going to die inside this water.
    For the Igbos and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they didn't come with all their houses. But now they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding.

And that is the bidding of the ancestors of Lagos and God. I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he can never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you can not do it here. Read more on http:///1uxLHFJPjp
Re: You Will Die If You Fail To Vote Ambode – Oba Of Lagos Threatens Igbos In Lagos by BraniacX(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
Welcome to change APC style, I don't blame the Oba of Lagos for his threats and vagabond outbursts, I blame Lugard and the british for lumping us together in one country and making Lagos the Capital or else who is the oba of lagos to tell me how to and whom to vote for? Screw him! undecided am voting for Agbaje for this if not for any other reason, let him come and drown me in his lagoon

BULLSHYTE

The development of Lagos was due to the fact that the Oba's predecessors welcomed these same conditions of influx of non indigenes and multi-ethnicity plus the states previous status as political capital of the country that the stewpid oba is underplaying and being dismissive of today, so now that lagos is urban and metropolitan, being Nigerian is no longer enough to earn you your right to your choice of political candidate, peace and prosperity you also have to be lagosian abi? angry koni da fun oba eko what rubbish!!!

And in britain our colonial masters that lumped us together, do you ever hear or have you ever heard of an English man or an English monarch telling a scott, a welsh or a northen irish man that london does not belong to them that they should go back to glassglow, cardiff or belfast respectively before they can exercise any political rights

And for me who comes from the Niger delta whose resources were used to develop lagos, resources that yoruba people keep saying belongs to the whole country not just the Niger Delta, why won't i or shouldn't i call Lagos No Mans land or vote whoever i like? Or should i go back to my delta state to vote too when i live in Lagos state

The thunder that will fire any lagos indigene or Oba telling me i have no rights in lagos is still doing press up.
So Jonathan is yet to leave and you guys have started flexing muscles abi? Will you ever dare say this to Hausas? So, we are now fair game to you abi? When Agbaje wins, you all, fashola and thief-nubu should come and do your worst

Plus if any harm comes to any non indegene of Lagos then likewise any progress that came to the state due to its status as political capital of Nigeria, from the proceeds of Niger Delta oil and from the states multi-ethnic nature that brought the office of oba rilwan to political prominence will be reversed and sunk back into its ancient fetid swamps IJN!!! Ase

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of Buhari I The Beginning Of Wisdom / Pdp/jimi Agbaje Started The Disunity In Lagos / The OFE MMANU People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.